shell20

Lincoln House Hotel.

9 posts in this topic

I have my interview a week on Thursday at the London Embassy. I have follow Niche-Nicks very helpful link regarding that day and places to stay. I will be staying at the same place the Lincoln House Hotel (apt name), with my brother. I will give you my review regarding this when I have stayed there. It seems a reasonable price and apparently you are greeted with a fruit juice upon arrival and something about chocolate. (sold). There is also free wi fi so you can stay in touch with your fiancee/spouse. I'm anxiously counting down the days to the appointment now, praying that all goes well!

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You will be fine london is great, I was so nervous about the whole thing thinking what if I get denied but honestly it's a walk in the park the worst bit is waiting as the immigration waiting time is longer than the others as you will see. Oh when you get in line out side and they tick off your name tell then that yours is an immigration visa as they said they couldn't find my name till I pointed it out myself of the immigration register.

Lincoln House is in a nice neighborhood so you won't be walking through dodgy parts of town getting to the embassy. It seems to be a converted house so not a typical hotel. When we walked in it seemed like we were in somebody's foyer and not a soul or check-in around. Took us a few puzzled minutes to see we had to go down stairs to check in. There was one little sign we finally noticed.

The room (called deluxe size) was tiny, as was the bathroom, but it was clean and had tea, coffee, a small refrigerator, and a good breakfast the next morning. They held our luggage (and phones) while we went to the embassy, so no need to stop at Gould's. We went back and retrieved phones and camera before spending the rest of the day sightseeing in London. We picked up the luggage late afternoon and caught the coach back to Oxford just up the street. Wish we had known the coach stopped one block over when we came into down before continuing to Victoria. We walked from Victoria. Anybody on a coach, check your stops. Many coaches stop first on Baker Street coming in and on Gloucester Place going out. Closer to the medical and embassy than going all the way to Victoria.

Their website doesn't show prices anymore, but we negotiated a better rate by calling. Then we paid cash for another discount.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I stayed there for my interview in December. Rooms are nice enough, though a little small. Best thing is that it is a ten minute walk to the embassy (I timed it the night before). I had intended to avail myself of the breakfast but was far too nervous on the morning so I can't review that for you.

And they are more than happy to look after your bags. Oh and after my interview they were happy for me to hang around using the free wifi

Lincoln House is in a nice neighborhood so you won't be walking through dodgy parts of town getting to the embassy. It seems to be a converted house so not a typical hotel. When we walked in it seemed like we were in somebody's foyer and not a soul or check-in around. Took us a few puzzled minutes to see we had to go down stairs to check in. There was one little sign we finally noticed.

The room (called deluxe size) was tiny, as was the bathroom, but it was clean and had tea, coffee, a small refrigerator, and a good breakfast the next morning. They held our luggage (and phones) while we went to the embassy, so no need to stop at Gould's. We went back and retrieved phones and camera before spending the rest of the day sightseeing in London. We picked up the luggage late afternoon and caught the coach back to Oxford just up the street. Wish we had known the coach stopped one block over when we came into down before continuing to Victoria. We walked from Victoria. Anybody on a coach, check your stops. Many coaches stop first on Baker Street coming in and on Gloucester Place going out. Closer to the medical and embassy than going all the way to Victoria.

Their website doesn't show prices anymore, but we negotiated a better rate by calling. Then we paid cash for another discount.

Just seen your post Nich-Nick. Thanks for that. They do show their prices, I looked them up through your link before booking and you get a 5 percent discount if paying in cash. It was a bit strange as they said they took half when you booked, although I said how do I pay in cash? Now at least I know we have to go downstairs.

I am taking my brother with me, it's my birthday,, but he isn't allowed in the embassy as it didn't say about siblings on the Ready form. I just don't want to be stuck in London on my birthday having to wait hours and hours by myself for my 8pm if I for any unfortunate reason I get turned down.

I don't know it's very strange, I was quietly confident until this week and now I am a emotional wreck, thinking of all the things that may go wrong. Everyone is saying to me I will be fine, but I guess it's the fact that I have waited so long to be with my fiance and be able to marry him, that I am petrified someone will take that dream from me. Is this normal? So close to realising our dreams and so scared that they could be taken away from us.

I guess I remember going to the embassy with my mum when I was a mere 21 years old for an "indefinite visa", that is what they called them then and I remember feeling scared as I hadn't banked on it being such a serious interview.

Any way I just wanted to say thanks for all your posts and all you do for everyone else. Without you, most of us would be quite lost!

I stayed there for my interview in December. Rooms are nice enough, though a little small. Best thing is that it is a ten minute walk to the embassy (I timed it the night before). I had intended to avail myself of the breakfast but was far too nervous on the morning so I can't review that for you.

And they are more than happy to look after your bags. Oh and after my interview they were happy for me to hang around using the free wifi

Thanks Jonathan. sounds like its a nice place and not to far from the embassy. I will have to check out the route to the embassy when I arrive!

You will be fine london is great, I was so nervous about the whole thing thinking what if I get denied but honestly it's a walk in the park the worst bit is waiting as the immigration waiting time is longer than the others as you will see. Oh when you get in line out side and they tick off your name tell then that yours is an immigration visa as they said they couldn't find my name till I pointed it out myself of the immigration register.

Thanks Jessica! I was fine until this week and then suddenly I started imagining what could go wrong. What is we didn't have enough evidence, what if I didn't bring the right forms and the list goes on. I am making myself a nervous wreck! I would hate bad news on my birthday and bad news for my fiance for Valentines Day. I am that anxious that I lost my phone at work tonight, whilst visiting my patients. At least I don't have to worry about taking that to the embassy, but that means I will have to either use my brother's phone to text my fiance, as he will be at work, or run back to the hotel and use their wi fi to contact him and let him know how it went. Knowing my fiance, he will be just as anxious as I am, if not more so. He is such an emotional, caring person, just one of the many reasons why I love him so much!!!

Sorry with my anxious state right now I forgot to say congratulations. I am so happy for you and your fiance.

Sorry as with Jessica, forgot to say congratulations. I wish you a very, very happy marriage.

Thanks Jessica! I was fine until this week and then suddenly I started imagining what could go wrong. What is we didn't have enough evidence, what if I didn't bring the right forms and the list goes on. I am making myself a nervous wreck! I would hate bad news on my birthday and bad news for my fiance for Valentines Day. I am that anxious that I lost my phone at work tonight, whilst visiting my patients. At least I don't have to worry about taking that to the embassy, but that means I will have to either use my brother's phone to text my fiance, as he will be at work, or run back to the hotel and use their wi fi to contact him and let him know how it went. Knowing my fiance, he will be just as anxious as I am, if not more so. He is such an emotional, caring person, just one of the many reasons why I love him so much!!!

I wasn't nervous at all. I knew we were a real couple (and nice people too :P). So there was no way they could deny us. I had the embassy website practically memorized . Had read every link on it. So there was nothing that I had missed as far as paperwork. I didn't even have my name on the list as a guest, but got in with my passport and a big smile.

Maybe it's the nature of the British to worry because everybody seems to go into this panic mode. Relax and enjoy a day in the big city. We toured Buckingham Palace because it was summer when they are open to tourists.

Somebody reported from a few days ago that phones are now allowed inside. There were signs saying to turn off your phone before approaching the windows. And he saw people using iPads and phones while they were waiting for their number to be called. The website (under "Security" in the left column) does not mention phones or keys on their list anymore.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I wasn't nervous at all. I knew we were a real couple (and nice people too tongue.png). So there was no way they could deny us. I had the embassy website practically memorized . Had read every link on it. So there was nothing that I had missed as far as paperwork. I didn't even have my name on the list as a guest, but got in with my passport and a big smile.

Maybe it's the nature of the British to worry because everybody seems to go into this panic mode. Relax and enjoy a day in the big city. We toured Buckingham Palace because it was summer when they are open to tourists.

Somebody reported from a few days ago that phones are now allowed inside. There were signs saying to turn off your phone before approaching the windows. And he saw people using iPads and phones while they were waiting for their number to be called. The website (under "Security" in the left column) does not mention phones or keys on their list anymore.

I have seen Buckingham Palace too, it's quite beautiful. I might go and see the dungeons my brother was talking about. As for being anxious, I am a born worrier, It wouldn't surprise me if I became scared of my own shadow! I just remember an interview I had there when I was 21 and I remember them being apprehensive then,, but its 28 years later or will be, I I am sure I will cope, I' m a big girl now! Lol.

I will post about the hotel and the embassy experience as soon as I get home, so I can share it with others. :)

I have seen Buckingham Palace too, it's quite beautiful. I might go and see the dungeons my brother was talking about. As for being anxious, I am a born worrier, It wouldn't surprise me if I became scared of my own shadow! I just remember an interview I had there when I was 21 and I remember them being apprehensive then,, but its 28 years later or will be, I I am sure I will cope, I' m a big girl now! Lol.

I will post about the hotel and the embassy experience as soon as I get home, so I can share it with others. smile.png

sorry not them, me being apprehensive, just another blonde moment!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.