Senai

2014: East African experience

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

As this is my first time to sponsor my fiancé or else to any sort of visa from abroad, I hear lots of stories… good and bad from all over the world. I was thinking why don’t we share our experience closely how/what/where we can support each other as what seems obvious for someone might not be necessarily obvious for another. So, let’s share our experience and support each other on aspects of the process… Good luck everybody and let’s make this year is a year we begin our life with the one we love most… cheers!

Timeline

My husband and I are waiting for our interview date. I mailed my last documents about 2 weeks ago (side loaded), and am just waiting. I also last week mailed a package of documents to my husband in Kenya (USPS - $70 - praying they get there). So….just waiting.

Timeline

As this is my first time to sponsor my fiancé or else to any sort of visa from abroad, I hear lots of stories… good and bad from all over the world. I was thinking why don’t we share our experience closely how/what/where we can support each other as what seems obvious for someone might not be necessarily obvious for another. So, let’s share our experience and support each other on aspects of the process… Good luck everybody and let’s make this year is a year we begin our life with the one we love most… cheers!

Hello, nice to see you on here too...I too have a fiancé in Nairobi, so lets trade information if you feel like it as to the process...

David

PS You and your fiancé are on the same time lines as us, so it will be interesting to see how it works

David

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

My petition is approved.... I have no idea what to expect and/or what the next steps are. I am expecting my approved petition be mailed to NVC soon. My fiance's interview will be in Nairobi and I am planning to join my fiance on the occasion. Can you please share what the next steps are and what we should prepare for the interview in Nairobi, Kenya. Any advice is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Am also in Nairobi en at the NVC stage....I also would want to know how the process goes down en wat to expect.....lets help each other,,We can also be friends even wen we immgrate....

Service Center (which your I-130 was approved from)

NOA2 date-6th Jan (TSC)

Date NVC received your case -28th Jan

Date case number was assigned-14th March

Date AOS package was sent out-18th March

Date IV package was sent out

Date DS-260 was completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.