snowflakepr

Error on Marriage Certificate that was submitted for I-130!!!!!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Waiting desperately for my husband to receive the NOA2 for his I-130 petition for me, I decided to go out yesterday and have all my documents scanned in to an electronic file so that we have ready for the next process. ( We will be able to file electronically for next stage). When I got home and opened the electronic file I noticed that the city portion of my address is incorrect on our marriage certificate. We were married in San Francisco California and the court house that issued the certificate put in San Francisco as my city instead of the city I live in. The rest of my address is correct including my postal code.

I am wondering if this will/is causing a delay in our process to receive our NOA2 and what we can do about it. I will be contacting the court house in SF to advise and get it fixed just in case an RFE is requested.

Does anybody know if/how we can notify USCIS of the error and how to get them a certificate with my correct address on it?

Thanks....can't sleep worried about being denied because of this!

If they do catch the error USCIS may send an RFE discrepancy on marriage certificate . Asking for a letter of explanation about the discrepancy . I just got one about our marriage certificate and sent in an explanation letter . They also said if needed send in a corrected marriage certificate . Which we could not do since it would take more then 6 months in the Philippines to get it done .

Since you are dealing with the United States I would advise to get the certificate amended and also write an explanation to why you corrected it . This way you can be ready to just send in the RFE response right away and won't lose too much time . I sent mine in and 3 days later got the notice of RFE response review , so its fairly quick to get back on track .

If you do not get an RFE at the NVC stage I would send in the amended certificate and the explanation letter . Maybe someone else with more knowledge can chime in , but that would make sense to me to do that . This way the corrected certificate and letter explaining the changes will be known to the CO .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.