kc247

Double checking documents for interview + a few questions

6 posts in this topic

I have my interview on Tuesday Feb 4th... & I already feel sick with stress! I am going through my folder of stuff & want to list it so someone can double check it for me...I am paranoid I will end up missing something important.

-Appointment confirmation

-Loomis information

-Copy of biographic page of passport

-2 US passport style photos

-Medical results

-Original long form birth certificate (& copy)

-Police check (& copy)

-Letters of intent signed January 10th (from both petitioner & beneficiary)

-Copy of petitioner birth certificate

-Noa1 & Noa2 (originals & copies) & packet 4 (wasn't sure if originals were needed of these but got them anyway!)

-Affidavit of Support - i-134 filled out by petitioner, with tax return from last year (wasn't living in country before that so we couldn't do past 3 years) His father is the co sponsor so he filled out a seperate i-134, we have past 3 years tax returns, w2s, letter from employer, pay stubs.. hope they are mostly interested in him, because my fiance is a student & has no income at the moment so we don't have any supporting evidence for him other than tax return.

-Relationship evidence: pictures of us, phone records, skype calls, letters he sent me, flight itineraries. Probably won't ask for it but I am of course bringing it just in case!

Now question...it says on the list of things to bring to bring this:

• Two Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (A Form DS-156, prepared in duplicate.)
  • One Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K

I already sent these in with packet 3?? I want to be sure on whether I have to do these again or if they will have them with my packet 3. I do have a copy of my packet 3 that I am bringing with me as well. I just don't want to get there and find out that I was supposed to fill these out again. Can anyone who has gone recently tell me for sure that they did or did not ask for these?

Do they know that I have already paid the $240 visa fee? It does say on the appointment confirmation page under applicant details "MRV Fee amount $240" "MRV Fee Receipt:" & then a number..is that all they are looking for?

Also, how do I attach the passport photos? They came in a little folder from costco..do I leave them in that? Or paperclip them to a page? Haha...I am over thinking everything...

I am only going for the night, & am scared to go and navigate on the bus downtown from the airport all alone! I am not used to that sort of thing haha. I will be so happy to have it all over with.

Thanks for the help! smile.png

Edited by kc247

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

06/04/2018 - i-751 approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there,

My interview was 8 days ago (in Montreal as well). They didn't ask me for the DS-156, the 156K, or even the 160 confirmation page. I think the reason was as you said, these documents were already sent off with Packet 3. But yeah, doesn't hurt to bring them just in case!

As for the receipt, there was a page that says "Your transaction was approved. Thank you for your payment.." etc etc.

Maybe just highlighting the MRV Receipt # on your loomis detail page and showing a credit card statement to prove payment if you don't have it? Someone else might be able to confirm that!

I stapled a ziploc bag to a sheet with the photo's in them-- but the officer just took them out and passed the sheet with the bag back to me haha. So just bringing it in the costco sleeve is fine tongue.png. I wrote my MTL# and name on the back of the photos.

Also, you said your fiance has only been living in the U.S for a few years? I'd bring a photocopy of your fiance's birth certificate/passport to prove U.S status, and anything you can to prove his U.S domicile. I don't think I see that on your list.

All the best at your interview!! Remember to breathe. You'll be fine, they're actually quite nice.

Edited by ethomps

K-1 Visa

01/26/13 -- I-129F Sent
02/05/13 -- I-129F NOA1
08/28/13 -- I-129F NOA2 (204 days from NOA1 date)
01/21/14 -- Montreal Interview (350 days from NOA1 date)
01/27/14 -- K-1 Visa Received
02/01/14 -- POE at Canada-USA Border Peace Bridge (Buffalo, NY)
02/24/14 -- Private Courthouse Marriage
02/26/14 -- Private 2 Week Honeymoon
04/13/14 -- Wedding with Friends/Family

AOS

04/08/14 -- Filed for AOS/EAD/AP
04/11/14 -- NOA
05/12/14 -- Biometrics Appointment

07/02/14 -- EAD/AP Card Received (84 days from NOA date)
07/10/14 -- NPIW Letter
02/24/15 -- Service Request Filed
03/05/15 -- Filed for EAD/AP Renewal

03/10/15 -- Received email acceptance notification for EAD/AP Renewal
03/20/15 -- Filed for Ombudsman Case Assistance (DHS-7001)
04/03/15 -- Biometrics Appointment (Round 2)
04/08/15 -- RFE (Expired Medical)

04/21/15 -- Medical Appointment (Round 2)
04/24/15 -- RFE Response Sent
04/30/15 -- GC Approved (Card In Production)
05/08/15 -- GC & Welcome Notice Received

Hasta la vista, USCIS B-)

Hey there,

My interview was 8 days ago (in Montreal as well). They didn't ask me for the DS-156, the 156K, or even the 160 confirmation page. I think the reason was as you said, these documents were already sent off with Packet 3. But yeah, doesn't hurt to bring them just in case!

As for the receipt, there was a page that says "Your transaction was approved. Thank you for your payment.." etc etc.

Maybe just highlighting the MRV Receipt # on your loomis detail page and showing a credit card statement to prove payment if you don't have it? Someone else might be able to confirm that!

I stapled a ziploc bag to a sheet with the photo's in them-- but the officer just took them out and passed the sheet with the bag back to me haha. So just bringing it in the costco sleeve is fine tongue.png. I wrote my MTL# and name on the back of the photos.

Also, you said your fiance has only been living in the U.S for a few years? I'd bring a photocopy of your fiance's birth certificate/passport to prove U.S status, and anything you can to prove his U.S domicile. I don't think I see that on your list.

All the best at your interview!! Remember to breathe. You'll be fine, they're actually quite nice.

Thanks for your reply. That makes me feel better about the packet 3 document thing.

Hmm I don't see any sheet that I ever printed that says 'thankyou for your payment', hopefully the MRV fee receipt is all I will need. I am gonna try and print my credit card statement where it shows I paid.

& sorry I wasn't clear, I just meant my fiance was living out of the country between 2010-2012 (he lived here smile.png) He lived in the States before that, but didn't make income in the States while he was here so he didn't file taxes for those years. I did print off his lease agreement from the apartment we will be living, a copy of his school schedule (to show he will be attending school there), & a photocopy of his birth certificate. I did send a copy of his birth certificate & passport with our i-129f packet as well. Hopefully that will all be good enough!

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

Okay fabulous, I read the new requirements, pretty much the same except they say the confirmation page of the online form, which wouldof been in my packet 3 (but also I have copies of). I made copies of things that were original documents (birth certificate, police check, noa1/noa2). Should I bother making copies of things like the appointment confirmation and whatnot? I didn't copy any of those because I figured I don't need them if they take them.

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.