blessedbyhim

police record & vaccinations

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello,

Does the police record need to be returned with packet #3 or can it be brought to the interview? My fiance requested his police record but was told that it would take 10 days and we will have the medical results back on Tuesday so we would love to submit the packet back without the police record if possible so we don't have to wait an additional week.

One other question, when my fiance went to his medical appointment they told him that he does not need any vaccinations for the k-1 visa and that he could get them all in the U.S. once he applies for an adjustment of status, is that right? He doesn't have his immunization record so I was surprised to hear that.

Any advice you could give would be helpful. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

You should take your police record with you to the interview. Refer to Packet 3 checklist and have all those documents in order when you attend your interview.

Depending on your fiance's age, the information could be correct, however it is VERY UNLIKELY that he would NOT need vaccinations. I interviewed through the Vancouver embassy, and they informed me vaccinations were needed depending on my age group. Here is a copy of the text I received from the medical place I attended. LOOK FOR THE AGE GROUP YOUR FIANCE FALLS UNDER -- THOSE ARE THE VACCINATIONS REQUIRED FOR HIS AGE GROUP.

Of course with any information, I would verify it with the consulate.

V A CC I N A T I O N S

Here is the list of mandatory U.S. immigration vaccinations. For an updated and current list, please visit the US Department of State web-site at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

You may determine the vaccines you need by visiting the US Department web-site as per the link given above and the vaccines needed are specified as per the age group in this web-site. The information given below is only for reference and visit the US Department web-site for the most updated list.

IMPORTANT NOTE: the vaccines that each applicant requires is based on the age of each applicant. Please ensure that you understand that the vaccine LIST you received encompasses ALL the vaccines required to enter the United States from birth to 65 years and older. In order to determine what YOU need to immunized for depends on YOUR age /age group as listed in this attachment.

For example: if you are between the ages 27-49, then you ONLY need to immunized for TDAP, MMR(measles, mumps and rubella), Varicella (not needed if you had chicken pox) and the Flu Shot (only when in season Oct- Feb, annually).

*PLEASE NOTE: Do NOT assume that you can substitute Td for Tdap or vice versa. You must get the vaccine that is indicated for your age by CDC. There is no Titer test for

Td and Tdap , applicants must get Td or Tdap as indicated for their age group (age 7- 65 and over).

BIRTH - 1 MONTH

Hepatitis B

2 - 5 MONTHS

DTP (may include DT) - Please ensure babies have all vaccines.

Polio (IPV or OPV)

Hib

Hepatitis B

Pneumococcal

Rotavirus (orally)

6 MONTHS

DTP (may include DT) - Please ensure babies have all vaccines

Polio (IPV or OPV)

Hib

Hepatitis B

Pneumococcal

Rotavirus (orally)

Influenza (only required during October - February, annually)

7-11 MONTHS

Polio (IPV or OPV)

Hib

Hepatitis B

Pneumococcal

12-23 MONTHS

Polio (IPV or OPV)

Hib

MMR Measles, Mumps, Rubella. ("MR" and "MM" are not enough). You need MMR

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Pneumococcal

Varicella - If you had "Chicken Pox" disease, no vaccine is needed

2-4 YEARS

DTP (may include DT)

Polio (IPV or OPV)

Hib

Hepatitis B

Pneumococcal

5-6 YEARS

DTP (may include DT)

Polio (IPV or OPV)

Hib

Hepatitis B

Pneumococcal

7-9 YEARS

Td

Polio (IPV or OPV)

Hepatitis B

10 YEARS

Tdap (Adacel or Boosterix) - ensure you get Tdap not just Td

Polio (IPV or OPV)

Hepatitis B

11-18 YEARS

Polio (IPV or OPV)

Hepatitis B

Meningococcal (Your vaccine must cover all four strains - A, C, Y, W-135). Some of the brands are: Menactra, Menomune, Menveo

19-26 YEARS

27-49 YEARS

50-59 YEARS

Influenza - (only required during October - February, annually)

60-64 YEARS

Tdap (Adacel or Boosterix) -ensure you get Tdap not just Td

65 YEARS AND OLDER

Td - Within the last 10 years or needs to be repeated

Pneumococcal

Varicella - If you had "Chicken Pox" disease, no vaccine is needed. Otherwise please provide us the exact date MM-DD-YYYY of the Varicella vaccine. If you already had chicken pox, your verbal statement is sufficient proof.

Applied for Naturalization based on 3-year Residency 

July 05, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox

July 10, 2017 (Day 05) - NOA received

July 12, 2017 (Day 07) -  Check is cashed by USCIS

July 19, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics appointment letter mailed

August 02, 2017 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment at Seattle Field Office

August 28, 2017 (Day 54) - Case is "in line" for an interview"

August 28, 2018 (Day 419) - Interview is scheduled

October 4, 2018 (Day 462) - Citizenship Interview AND Oath (offered same day oath by ISO in Seattle, WA)

Officially a U.S. Citizen - Proud to be an American

Timeline

Which doctor did you end up using from the list provided? We used Dr. Buteau and although a little more costly, they were very helpful and even provided us with a translated copy of the vaccinations for my fiance's daughter as requested by her school in the States! We did not ask for it, they just gave it to him. Very impressed with that office. Anyhow, If he doesn't have his vaccination record showing his immunizations, he will more than likely need the vaccinations listed in the prior post - these are non-negotiable things unfortunately unless there are religious reasons why (I do believe there is a loophole for that but a certain form is required to support it) . My fiance needed two vaccinations and his daughter needed 4 to comply with the requirements. Maybe they've documented in the sealed records why none were required? I don't know...haven't heard of anyone NOT needing any but that's not to say the office wasn't correct. Just need more info from that office as to why none were required, especially considering he doesn't have his vaccination record. ;-)

Edited by Corey&Guyvens

Awaiting Oath Ceremony for Citizenship! Last step!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Vaccination prior to entering the US with a K1 visa is not required for Haiti. However, highly recommended to do it during the medical as it will be required for AOS. And it would have saved time and money... Now it seems that it is too late and you will have to find a civil surgeon once in the States to get the vaccines and fill out the form I693.

The police report, if he has any crime records, is best turned in with Packet 3. But if no records, you may not even be required to get it...

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

Timeline

Vaccination prior to entering the US with a K1 visa is not required for Haiti. However, highly recommended to do it during the medical as it will be required for AOS. And it would have saved time and money... Now it seems that it is too late and you will have to find a civil surgeon once in the States to get the vaccines and fill out the form I693.

The police report, if he has any crime records, is best turned in with Packet 3. But if no records, you may not even be required to get it...

Good to know on the vaccinations! I knew we had them done for a reason ... cost being the main one by the sounds of it! Yay for that ;-) They did ask us specifically for the police report in packet 3 and at the interview it was commented on that "Oh, good, we already have your police report..." Not sure if this is something new or not but we were relieve that we had it at least even though he never had a history (he's a police officer actually and they still looked for the report from us) Anyhow, my motto is better safe than sorry considering all the random changes at the consulate. smile.png Blah!

Awaiting Oath Ceremony for Citizenship! Last step!

Timeline

Our packet 3 did not say anything about a police record, the only things listed in the packet that we had to return were his medical exam and the bank fee, there was no additional list of items needing to be returned. He does not have a criminal record of any kind.

Thanks for the heads up about the vaccinations. The nurse said that he could talk to the doctor on Tuesday when he goes back to get his results and if the doctor agrees to vaccinate him, he will. Otherwise, I told my fiance that I want something in writing from the doctor stating that he does not need vaccinations (I guess that is my type A personality coming out)! I also told my fiance that if the doctor was not going to give him his vaccinations to go to one of the other embassy doctors. I can't remember the name of the doctor he is seeing, but I do recall that it is in Petion Ville. Corey, I will send him to the doctor you guys used if this one doesn't work out.

My fiance is nervous to return packet 3 without the police record for fear that it will hold the process up, but I would rather return the packet sooner than later.

Thank you everyone, you are all so helpful! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Our packet 3 did not say anything about a police record, the only things listed in the packet that we had to return were his medical exam and the bank fee, there was no additional list of items needing to be returned. He does not have a criminal record of any kind.

Thanks for the heads up about the vaccinations. The nurse said that he could talk to the doctor on Tuesday when he goes back to get his results and if the doctor agrees to vaccinate him, he will. Otherwise, I told my fiance that I want something in writing from the doctor stating that he does not need vaccinations (I guess that is my type A personality coming out)! I also told my fiance that if the doctor was not going to give him his vaccinations to go to one of the other embassy doctors. I can't remember the name of the doctor he is seeing, but I do recall that it is in Petion Ville. Corey, I will send him to the doctor you guys used if this one doesn't work out.

My fiance is nervous to return packet 3 without the police record for fear that it will hold the process up, but I would rather return the packet sooner than later.

Thank you everyone, you are all so helpful! smile.png

I agree with Corey. Better safe than sorry. We did include a police report with our Packet 3 even though he had no criminal record--we figured, how would they know for sure if we didn't include it.. Which is the exact same thing the clerk at HM told us when we dropped off the package. The police report is not expensive, about 27HTG (prices may be different now but not by much)--I say turn it in with it now and save yourself a delay of a month+ (if they request the report) versus a one week delay in turning in the packet.

Good luck! :)

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is correct that on a K-1 you can defer vaccinations until any time up until you file your AOS. But then you are talking about paying US prices. Better to have them done there and save money.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with Corey. Better safe than sorry. We did include a police report with our Packet 3 even though he had no criminal record--we figured, how would they know for sure if we didn't include it.. Which is the exact same thing the clerk at HM told us when we dropped off the package. The police report is not expensive, about 27HTG (prices may be different now but not by much)--I say turn it in with it now and save yourself a delay of a month+ (if they request the report) versus a one week delay in turning in the packet.

Good luck! smile.png

Wow, I am really surprised that some of you have to pay for your police report. I went into my local RCMP detachment (Canadian police) and it was free!

What is 27HTG equivalent to in US Dollars?

Applied for Naturalization based on 3-year Residency 

July 05, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox

July 10, 2017 (Day 05) - NOA received

July 12, 2017 (Day 07) -  Check is cashed by USCIS

July 19, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics appointment letter mailed

August 02, 2017 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment at Seattle Field Office

August 28, 2017 (Day 54) - Case is "in line" for an interview"

August 28, 2018 (Day 419) - Interview is scheduled

October 4, 2018 (Day 462) - Citizenship Interview AND Oath (offered same day oath by ISO in Seattle, WA)

Officially a U.S. Citizen - Proud to be an American

Timeline

Wow, I am really surprised that some of you have to pay for your police report. I went into my local RCMP detachment (Canadian police) and it was free!

What is 27HTG equivalent to in US Dollars?

About 63 cents :-)

Our K1 Process

Our AOS Process

Our ROC Process

Our {His} N-400 Process

Timeline

Thank you all for your replies. Turns out that my fiance saw the doctor yesterday and requested vaccinations but the doctor refused to give them to him stating that he received a letter from the embassy saying that they are no longer needed and that he can get them in the U.S. I would've loved to save money and just had them done there but it wasn't an option.

I'm thankful that you all were able to verify that they are not needed because I was extremely nervous about them giving him mis-information and scared that it would effect whether or not we would be approved.

We will be sending packet #3 back on Friday with all of our information. Does anyone know whether or not you can purchase boxes at Haiti messenger to send the paperwork in? We have a lot of paperwork we are sending and it's not going to fit in a large envelope and my fiance is nervous about what he is going to use to send it in. I have no clue because I'm used to the United States Post Office and things are much different here.

Hoping that our interview will be done sooner rather than later because our wedding date is set for May 17th though we will move the date if we don't have the visa by the middle of April.

mtcmk1: did you send all of the paperwork on the coversheet you sent me in packet 3?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.