XXoverwhelmedXX

Do I need to have a job?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Ok, so I don't make enough anyways and I will have to look for a joint sponsor anyways....so my question is if I quit my job due to personal problems that I can't handle with work right now....

will this cause a problem?

can this cause the i-130 to be denied?

Also a 2nd question:

The job I am now, I got it after i submitted the i-130 in october, I got this job like a month later so its not on the application, If i do stay with the job do I have to call to update the application?

Thanks and I hope you understand what I am asking, I'm very streessed out

Its been a year since submitting I-130 and were still in two different countries :sleepy:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As long as you have a joint sponsor who has enough income to support his/her household PLUS your spouse, you'll be fine.

1. The i-130 will not be denied due to your unemployment.

2. You don't need to update anything, for now.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When it's time to submit the Affidavit of Support documents to NVC (after paying the AOS fee of $88).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok, so I don't make enough anyways and I will have to look for a joint sponsor anyways....so my question is if I quit my job due to personal problems that I can't handle with work right now....

will this cause a problem?

can this cause the i-130 to be denied?

Also a 2nd question:

The job I am now, I got it after i submitted the i-130 in october, I got this job like a month later so its not on the application, If i do stay with the job do I have to call to update the application?

Thanks and I hope you understand what I am asking, I'm very streessed out

You will eventually need to show income when you have to submit check stubs, income tax returns for three years. Or find a co- sponsor, who will sign Affidavit of Support forms when the time comes. You mentioned that you don't make enough money anyway. So, you must find a co-sponsor to help you through the rest of your visa journey.

God closes one door and opens another. I know you are stressed out right now but as the saying goes "al sabru dayeb" be patient and look for a job which will relief you from over stressing. Best of luck!

Edited by LoveNigarmostyle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.