gorillaMonster

Medical in Sydney and general time paranoia

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I applied for a K-1 for my fiance in May 2013; after a request for additional information got lost in the mail and USCIS refused to update me on the status of my application for 5 months, we burned through a very wasteful amount of time. We schedule a wedding for the end of May 2014 in NY and have paid for it, have friends coming internationally, etc (we expected 1 year from application date of visa to be more than enough time to get a visa) and now we're freaking out.

The good news is that we received our packet 3 last week. Now the bad news - we're trying to get a medical in Sydney, and right now the doctors are being less than responsive about it. Apparently the person who schedules the medicals is only in the office once a week and is very hard to reach. I called the consulate to ask if we could submit all of our packet 3 paperwork with a doctor's appointment pending, but the drone on the phone wasn't very helpful and just said that she'd open a case.

So my questions:

1. Any way to get a faster medical?

2. Is it possible to schedule an interview, in let's say, 3 weeks, and have the medical in 2 weeks? Or do they require the complete medical before the scheduling process?

3. Can someone please just assure me that my fiance will get to New York by May 22...

You can submit your packet 3 paperwork without the medical. In fact I think the doctors in Sydney send the results direct to the consulate, so you have no choice.

The risk is that your interview gets scheduled before the results are received. But they will just wait to get the results before approving the visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Funny enough, about 10 minutes after I posted this, 3 new approved doctors appeared on the site. Have an appointment for Friday - we think we're the first patient they're ever doing for US visa, so hopefully they'll do it right...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.