jgoodman

CFO Interview Jan 15

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Annie had her CFO session in Manila yesterday. She passed!! They asked two questions about me.

1. What is your fiance's mothers maiden name?

2. Why does your American fiance want to marry a Filipina?

Of course they also asked how we met and how many countries have we been to together. She is at the embassy interview right now. Hoping she can fly to the US on Feb 16.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Always good to get CFO over with. Sounds like they went back to asking questions from a few years back, knowing the maiden name of the fiance's mother is one of the old standards. Glad all went well! :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Hank! The interview was the next day and she passed. I have a flt scheduled for Feb 16. Hoping that is enough time for her to get visa in hand. Thanks for all of your very valuable insight and your great web page.

Cheers

Annie had her CFO session in Manila yesterday. She passed!! They asked two questions about me.

Of course they also asked how we met and how many countries have we been to together. She is at the embassy interview right now. Hoping she can fly to the US on Feb 16.

Good luck! Happy for both of you! dancin5hr.gif

event.png
Our I-129F Journey

7/1/2011.. NOA1 receipt date
7/9/2011.. NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved
11/14/2011.. Approved NOA2 recieved via email/text
11/22/2011.. NVC forwarded Approved I-129F Petition to US Embassy Philippine
11/29/2011.. US Embassy in Manila Recieved our Petition
1/20/2012.. Medical Exam (Passed)
2/28/2012.. Interview! Approved!
3/1/12... CFO counseling Done!
3/7/12.. Visa on hand
3/10/12... POE @ Honolulu, HI.. Yeheeeeeey!
3/31/12... Wedding <3 <3 <3
Adjustment of Status Journey
4/24/12... AOS Mailed
4/30/12... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of AOS & EAD receipt
5/7/12... AOS/EAD NOA1 Hard Copy Received
6/11/12... Biometrics Appointment
6/22/12... 2nd Biometrics appointment scheduled 7/17/12 but walked in in an early date.
6/27/12... Text/Email Received (Card Production for EAD)
7/7/12... EAD Card Received! smile.png Yeheeeeey!

8/13/12... Interview (Approved) email/text received I-485 on card production! smile.png
8/21/12... Green Card on Hand! Yeheeey! Thank God!

Stepson I-130 Petition

12/27/13... Mailed I-130 to Phoenix lockbox via USPS Express Mail

12/31/13... NOA1 Priority Date

1/6/14... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of receipt. LIN****** case number assigned & routed to Nebraska Service Center

1/11/14.. NOA1 Hard copy received

1/17/14... Petition approved! Notification received via email/text (Thank God. 17 days only)/Approved petition mailed to Department of State! Notification via text/email

1/23/14... NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

NVC Stage

1/29/14... NVC received approved petition

3/7/14... Case Number Assigned (MNL**********)

3/11/14... Received AOS bill & Paid AOS/ Submitted DS-261

3/17/14... Mailed AOS Package

3/18/14... Forgot to Sign the I-864A, mailed another form with my signature affixed on I-864A

3/25/14... Recieved/Paid IV fee (Mailed DS-260 additional requirements)

3/27/14... Submitted DS-260 Online

Waiting.... Hopefully no Checklist. :)

4/24/14... Case Complete

6/23/14... Interview date! Huraaaay! APPROVED! More Hurray! :)

Timeline

Thanks Hank! The interview was the next day and she passed. I have a flt scheduled for Feb 16. Hoping that is enough time for her to get visa in hand. Thanks for all of your very valuable insight and your great web page.

Cheers

That is about a month out for the flight, I would think that you would be fine.

Safe Travels

And.... Welcome to the America to your fiancee!!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Wait a month for flight out? I am planning on going to the embassy with wife on a monday and booking a flight out fot the following saturday. My friend who did a k1 and had her passport deliverd to my home in the philippines was 1 week, im going to pick up at 2go office.

Timeline

Wait a month for flight out? I am planning on going to the embassy with wife on a monday and booking a flight out fot the following saturday. My friend who did a k1 and had her passport deliverd to my home in the philippines was 1 week, im going to pick up at 2go office.

If the flight is for both of you I would not be doing as you are planning for sure. No way to guarantee the visa will arrive in that time frame. It took two weeks after the interview before my wife had her visa through 2GO and she lived in metro Manila

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

If the flight is for both of you I would not be doing as you are planning for sure. No way to guarantee the visa will arrive in that time frame. It took two weeks after the interview before my wife had her visa through 2GO and she lived in metro Manila

Yes the flight is for both of us, actually the 3 of us (under 2 child). 2 weeks seems like a long time...spending it in a hotel in Manila and waiting gets $$$$. We are out of our house so its just getting the MNL essentials done then getting out ASAP. It should be great fun gong thru the med exam with her and my child for a whole day of waiting.

St Lukes tomorrow....ughh

That is personal information that can be used to steal your identity. That would be a big none of your business answer in my mind, and again, how can you fail a informational seminar unless I am getting something mixed up here.

A question here before I take the wife to the "Seminar". What is this they are asking for?

3. Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US-bound emigrants

Never filled one out or heard of it? Is this the DS-260? I would not trust them with this info, that is for the Embassy who knows how to protect this very sensitive info. I don't trust the Philippines period anymore.

A question here before I take the wife to the "Seminar". What is this they are asking for?

Never filled one out or heard of it? Is this the DS-260? I would not trust them with this info, that is for the Embassy who knows how to protect this very sensitive info. I don't trust the Philippines period anymore.

OK I just was able to talk to the CFO office and they said this form is provided in the packet, which I do not have as we are in expedite mode, they said just bring marriage contract and valid ID's.

Also they said there is a group session and then a one on one, this must be the grilling session.

Timeline

That is personal information that can be used to steal your identity. That would be a big none of your business answer in my mind, and again, how can you fail a informational seminar unless I am getting something mixed up here.

Don't answer the CFO questions... don't get the sticker.

Glad you got this answered, remember to bring it when picking up the sticker.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Don't answer the CFO questions... don't get the sticker.

Glad you got this answered, remember to bring it when picking up the sticker.

ya but mothers maiden name? she does not even know my mothers name, been dead for 20 yrs almost, we don't talk about that but she knows everybody else though. is not the "seminar" set up for information of what the emigrant may expect in the country they are going too?

scary carrying around these docs that have my tax returns, full family history, names and addresses, of both me and my wife and also copies of my assets/bank account info. almost everything a identity thief would need in one envelope.

Timeline

ya but mothers maiden name? she does not even know my mothers name, been dead for 20 yrs almost, we don't talk about that but she knows everybody else though. is not the "seminar" set up for information of what the emigrant may expect in the country they are going too?

scary carrying around these docs that have my tax returns, full family history, names and addresses, of both me and my wife and also copies of my assets/bank account info. almost everything a identity thief would need in one envelope.

Same here (been dead for over 20 yrs) but it's one of their standard questions.... make one up... how would they know. ;)

If she takes a copy of your tax return to CFO make sure pertinent info is blacked out.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.