John Paul C

W2 and similar documents

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The point is that it is in fact a judgement call for the VO as to whether the beneficiary will become a public charge. It's prudent not to muddle that judgement call with debating the letter of the law, which is the I-134 requires income of 100% the poverty guideline, and the I-864 requires 125% the poverty guideline. That is why I posted to simplify it stating that anyone whose income falls between 100%-125% the poverty guideline would do themselves a favor to get a co-sponsor. Falling in that narrow margin is diddling over a few dollars and is riding the fence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

The point is that it is in fact a judgement call for the VO as to whether the beneficiary will become a public charge. It's prudent not to muddle that judgement call with debating the letter of the law, which is the I-134 requires income of 100% the poverty guideline, and the I-864 requires 125% the poverty guideline. That is why I posted to simplify it stating that anyone whose income falls between 100%-125% the poverty guideline would do themselves a favor to get a co-sponsor. Falling in that narrow margin is diddling over a few dollars and is riding the fence.

You are right in that it is most certainly a judgment call, and I replied so that new members would not read this thread and think that it would be okay to get by with 100%. Most consulates (London being one of the exceptions) require 125% for the I-134 and it would be a disservice to tell anyone otherwise.

My fiance lives in Colorado but we will be moving to Seattle (where he is from originally) in May. So, he is kinda torn about which team to support this year. I am oblivious to football...

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance's interview is tomorrow as well. I only had provided him ITR for 2012. Since I can't file my ITR for 2013 because I am still waiting for some 1099 docs, However, I emailed him my 2013 W2, January paystubs, and signed letter of employment. I have faith that these will be enough. Fortunately though, I have been in the company for over 6 years and met 125% of poverty guidelines..

Don't worry, as long as your fiancee met the 125% poverty guidelines, I'm pretty sure, you'll be fine.

Goodluck to us both John Paul C.. just keep praying for the best! Hoping that you'll meet my fiance. :-)

Edited by makulit909

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What can he do today if his interview is tomorrow?

He cant have her tax return for tomorrow.

So he needs go to the interview with the w-2 , that is all that he has,

What are you gibbering about?

They don't need his 2013 tax return, until April it's not the most current, 2012 is still fine. With the government shutdown you couldn't even file until 2 days ago, the embassy isn't going to be even looking for the 2013 tax return. What they will be looking for is proof of current income.

Edited by Avery Cates

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If a consulate wants 125% they just deny under "likely to be a public charge" However taxes only take a matter of hours to do so your fiance could get hers done pronto

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

What are you gibbering about?

They don't need his 2013 tax return, until April it's not the most current, 2012 is still fine. With the government shutdown you couldn't even file until 2 days ago, the embassy isn't going to be even looking for the 2013 tax return. What they will be looking for is proof of current income.

good.gif

My fiance provided me ITR 2012 and my interview was on January 21. They were accepted it. My fiance is in the military and they've only asked me ITR and W-2 even though we had more supporting financial documents for I-134.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! My k1 Visa Interview is tomorrow and I just want to be extra sure I have everything right.

We have everything required by the USEM, I just have one question about the I-134. For the income listed, my petitioner can only provide the W-2, Employment letter(stating that she meets more than 125% of the required for a household of 2) and Paystubs as she landed a stable job last may. Will that be enough? She just filed for her tax returns this Friday and it wouldn't make it would that be enough? Help! I'm panicking!

All she needs to do is email you a copy of the tax return that she filed (she did keep a copy for her records right?). The tax return is required by the embassy along with the W-2.

Follow the requirements in the embassy instructions letter.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline