AdnanS

FIled my I-130 Need Advice

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Assalam O Alikum,

I filed before finding this website!

I filed I-130 for my Wife in Pakistan and got the hardcopy letter and I'm a December filer. I wanted to know if the things I submitted below are good enough or it might promit a RFE and cause a delay in my case in calling over my spouse. I'm really worried now, so far It's a arranged marriage and both of us are extremely happy together lived in Pakistan for 2 months and had to return due to work reasons; didn't travel much due to security issues in the country and grandparents forbidding it, since I'm their first and oldest grandchild they kept saying they wanna keep an eye on me so nothing happens:

I'm hoping below is enough to get approval; I can't put anything on her name and mines together without her SS Card; cause bank isn't allowing it and my investment accounts.

I mostly chat with her online on Skype like every day and I plan on printing out like 1000+ pages and showing that at the interview and brining our wedding pictures and video as well, etc, among other things.

a. Completed and signed form I-130    b. I-130 filing fee ($420)   c. Completed and signed form G-325A and 2X photograph (petitioner)   d. Completed and signed form G-325A and 2X photograph (beneficiary)    e. Proof of petitioner's U.S citizenship      Copy of U.S Passport (All Pages); and Copy of Naturalization certificate; and Copy of Social Security Card   f. Copy of beneficary passport (All Pages)    . Copy of Birth Certificate of Benedicary (Attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs)   g. Proof of Relationship      Primary evidence - Copy of marriage certificate (with certified translation and attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs)      Secondary evidence - 10-15 Wedding pictures, Few pages of printed Skype Logs, and 3-4 Affidavits of Support from relatives who attended wedding.   h. Establish Residency: My bank account, Stock market account, California state ID (old address but used to establish state residency), AT&T Cell Phone Bill (Has my name on it and Attentioned to my wife also)   i. Completed form G-1145 for email/phone notification

** The pictures I sent includes several from Mehdi, Barat, and Walima (includes parents in their also).

Incase I do get an RFE; I can add boarding pass; wedding card; and get additionall affidavit of support from friends and family.

Edited by AdnanS

..:::: My Visa Journey Timeline ::::..

• 10/20/2013 [Married]
  • 12/11/2013 [I-130 Mailed Phoeniz, AZ Lockbox]
  • 12/12/2013 [Priority Date]
  • 12/17/2013 [Received & Money Order Cashed | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 1]

• 01/09/2014 [NOA1 (I-797C) Hardcopy Recieved]
  • 05/29/2014 [Alien Registration Number Changed | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 2]
  • 06/10/2014 [I-130 Approved | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 3]
  • 06/16/2014 [Shipped to NVC for processing | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 4]
  • 06/30/2014 [Received at NVC] [Last Update 5]
  • 07/24/2014 [Case, IIN and BIN Numbers received] [Last Update 6]
  • 07/31/2014 [Received AOS Bill & DS-261 | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 7]
  • 08/02/2014 [Paid AOS Bill] [Last Update 8]
  • 08/04/2014 [Package AOS Sent] [Last Update 9]
  • 09/11/2014 [Received IV Bill] [Last Update 10]
  • 09/12/2014 [Paid IV Bill] [Last Update 11]
  • 09/15/2014 [IV Package Sent] [Last Update 12]
  • 09/18/2014 [DS-260 Completed] [Last Update 13]
  • 10/03/2014 [AOS Check-list Sent] [Last Update 14]
  • 12/03/2014 [Case Complete | e-Mail] [Last Update 15]
  • 12/23/2014 [Medical Exam] [Last Update 16]

• 01/28/2015 [interview] [Last Update 17]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

One thing I wanted to mention I submitted a copy (scanned) of my Nikah Nama (Marriage Cert); I didn't submit the NADRA Marraige Registration because it didn't ask for it; and I Read on Embassy website that it doesn't accept it.

So hopefully this isn't an issue.

..:::: My Visa Journey Timeline ::::..

• 10/20/2013 [Married]
  • 12/11/2013 [I-130 Mailed Phoeniz, AZ Lockbox]
  • 12/12/2013 [Priority Date]
  • 12/17/2013 [Received & Money Order Cashed | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 1]

• 01/09/2014 [NOA1 (I-797C) Hardcopy Recieved]
  • 05/29/2014 [Alien Registration Number Changed | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 2]
  • 06/10/2014 [I-130 Approved | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 3]
  • 06/16/2014 [Shipped to NVC for processing | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 4]
  • 06/30/2014 [Received at NVC] [Last Update 5]
  • 07/24/2014 [Case, IIN and BIN Numbers received] [Last Update 6]
  • 07/31/2014 [Received AOS Bill & DS-261 | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 7]
  • 08/02/2014 [Paid AOS Bill] [Last Update 8]
  • 08/04/2014 [Package AOS Sent] [Last Update 9]
  • 09/11/2014 [Received IV Bill] [Last Update 10]
  • 09/12/2014 [Paid IV Bill] [Last Update 11]
  • 09/15/2014 [IV Package Sent] [Last Update 12]
  • 09/18/2014 [DS-260 Completed] [Last Update 13]
  • 10/03/2014 [AOS Check-list Sent] [Last Update 14]
  • 12/03/2014 [Case Complete | e-Mail] [Last Update 15]
  • 12/23/2014 [Medical Exam] [Last Update 16]

• 01/28/2015 [interview] [Last Update 17]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If you got married in december 2013. You are required to to file tax joint returns for 2013 as married . You can no longer file as single for 2013. You are allowed a grace period of 3 years to file without incurring any penalties or filing for an extension if you will be getting tax refund. If you think you will owe IRS , you must apply for an extension to file or file as joint tax return.

Search for US CITIZENS AND RESIDENT ALIENS ABROAD-NON RESIDENT ALIEN SPOUSE. And TAX TOPIC 153 on IRS website. That will give you a clear understanding or you could always check with your tax accountant.

Since your wife doesnt have a SSN yet, you will file a FORM W-7 for an ITIN (individual tax payer identification number) for your wife, along with your TAX Returns and send your tax returns to the address on the W-7 guide and not the usual IRS mailing address.

Search for ITIN on the IRS website

Since i got married in dember 2012. I had to do exactly the same. More then likely your wife will have her interview past the TAX filing date in US. She might be asked for your 2013 TAX transcripts

You can order tax transcripts ( for free) from the IRS website or by calling them in. Make sure you send those tranacripts with your Affadavit of suppport .

If you dont get your 2013 tax transcripts in time, you can always email them to your wife and she can have them at the interview.

Timeline

You are required to send in originals of nika nama along with a certied translation if not in english. More rhen likely you will get an RFE.

When i got married i had gotten nikah na in urdu and english from the local municipality. (Nothing from Nadra) I sent them both in. Didnt require any certified translation and they were accepted

Timeline

Here is another tip for my pakistani VJ members. When you get married in pakistan and choose to get ur wife's ID card changed to married status and showing you as husband. Always ask if you need to apply to get your status changed to married to in the Nadra database

As i have experienced,

your status will still show you as single.

In case you have children born in pakistan and want a Nadra birth certificate (BAY FORM) you will need to have your ataus updated to married first.

Unnecessary hassle and delay if are crunching for time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.