balloonquest

Packet 3 queries

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I'm just curious about a couple of things i read in my packet 3 letter. I am a British citizen.

It tells me to complete the DS-260 online. However it then says **For K visa applicants ONLY, complete the DS-160 online and print the confirmation page ***

Do I have to do both the ds-160 and the ds-260 or just the 160? I'm so confused right now!

Secondly, I am currently in the US, visiting my fiancé, my priority date is at the end of this month and my interview will be after that, however "If your interview will occur after your priority date, your fiancé must submit a notarized statement of intent to marry within 90 days... in order to revalidate the petition"....How does he submit this letter?

(If he has to give it to me and i bring it to interview, does it matter if it's dated today for example (before the end of the priority date, as I am with him and it is easier as we won't have to wait for intl post..)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

Specifically Post 2 (3rd Point) regarding your Notarized Statement of Intent, and Post 4 regarding which DS form needs to be filled out online.

"What's yours is mine!"

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

Specifically Post 2 (3rd Point) regarding your Notarized Statement of Intent, and Post 4 regarding which DS form needs to be filled out online.

Thanks very useful thread, however i am still not sure whether i still need to fill in the ds 260 in addition to the ds 160??

The answer is clearly there. (Hint: Do you see ANY mention of DS-260 in that guide?)

"What's yours is mine!"

Thanks very useful thread, however i am still not sure whether i still need to fill in the ds 260 in addition to the ds 160??

NO !!! Their darn document is poorly written. DS-260 is for spouses getting IR1/CR1. If you did both forms you would be applying twice. The document is geared toward spouse visas. K1s are step-children who they try to sorta fit in with a one-size-fits-all piece of paper. That's why we wrote the guide. To help you with the confusion of being a non-immigrant visa processed by the immigrant visa unit, because a K1 doesn't quire fit with the other non-immigrant visas like tourist, work, nanny, movie star, etc.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

NO !!! Their darn document is poorly written. DS-260 is for spouses getting IR1/CR1. If you did both forms you would be applying twice. The document is geared toward spouse visas. K1s are step-children who they try to sorta fit in with a one-size-fits-all piece of paper. That's why we wrote the guide. To help you with the confusion of being a non-immigrant visa processed by the immigrant visa unit, because a K1 doesn't quire fit with the other non-immigrant visas like tourist, work, nanny, movie star, etc.

Thank you!!!

This document they sent me really sucks! I would be hopeless without visa journey!!

I really appreciate your help. Further to my other question, does it matter what the date on the notarized letter is?

My priority date is Jan 30th. However, if I get a letter from my fiancé right now it will dated before that?

Thank you!!!

This document they sent me really sucks! I would be hopeless without visa journey!!

I really appreciate your help. Further to my other question, does it matter what the date on the notarized letter is?

My priority date is Jan 30th. However, if I get a letter from my fiancé right now it will dated before that?

Thank you!!!

It doesn't typically matter what date is on it, so long as it's relatively recent (after NOA2 works).

"What's yours is mine!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.