jimmynuetron

Withdraw petetion

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

I have had a change of heart with my fiancee and have been searching where and how to withdraw my i129f petetion. I dont see many posts about this however Im sure it happens often enough with board members. Also members that have filed for several fiances in the past.

I have heard that you must fax in a letter, then send a notorized letter. The problem is the CSC has no listed fax number. Also should I send the notorized copy to the same address listed on the NOA1?

Any help would be appreciated as I want to expidite this withdrawal prior to getting the NOA2.

Anyone with have the fax number to CSC and or mailing address. Would an email be sufficent?

Thanks

Steve

Met in Medellin Colombia October 06

Was in Medellin 1 week every month for the the year

Married June 28th 07 Wedding in Bello ( applied for residence in Colombia, granted temporal residencia for 2 years.)

07/07/07 Sent i-130

07/17/07 NOA1

03/24/08 Touched

03/24/08 Called

04/17/08 Touched

04/23/08 Called again

05/14/08 Approved Email notification

08/14/07 I129f sent

09/20/07 NOA1

04/24/08 Touched

Need the i129 approval

You can just simply let it expire on its own.

It will inevitably end up at the consulate where they will probably send out a packet to your XSO. She will be unable to comply with the packets requests since she will not have your I-134 nor your cooperation.

The petition will then eventually expire on the date shown on the NOA2.

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Actually i beleive that is correct however with the new visa laws in effect it will count as an approval why waste an approval when you dont have to(only allowed 2 approvals every 2 years) not that I expect this happen again but hey you really never know. A withdrawal prior to NOA2 does not count as anything.

Thanks

You can just simply let it expire on its own.

It will inevitably end up at the consulate where they will probably send out a packet to your XSO. She will be unable to comply with the packets requests since she will not have your I-134 nor your cooperation.

The petition will then eventually expire on the date shown on the NOA2.

Met in Medellin Colombia October 06

Was in Medellin 1 week every month for the the year

Married June 28th 07 Wedding in Bello ( applied for residence in Colombia, granted temporal residencia for 2 years.)

07/07/07 Sent i-130

07/17/07 NOA1

03/24/08 Touched

03/24/08 Called

04/17/08 Touched

04/23/08 Called again

08/14/07 I129f sent

09/20/07 NOA1

04/24/08 Touched

Need the i129 approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

California Service Center

1-800-375-5283

Immigratiion & Naturalization Services

California Service Center

P.O. Box 30111

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline

Steve,

Send a letter clearly identifying the case (including a copy of the Receipt Notice will help) and requesting withdrawal to the CSC, and hope that it catches up with the file before processing has been completed.

If the letter does not catch up, and the petition is approved, you may be able to head it off at the NVC. But more likely, if this (approval despite the letter) happens, you'll end up having the notify the consulate - send them a copy of what you sent earlier to the CSC.

Yodrak

Hello,

I have had a change of heart with my fiancee and have been searching where and how to withdraw my i129f petetion. I dont see many posts about this however Im sure it happens often enough with board members. Also members that have filed for several fiances in the past.

I have heard that you must fax in a letter, then send a notorized letter. The problem is the CSC has no listed fax number. Also should I send the notorized copy to the same address listed on the NOA1?

Any help would be appreciated as I want to expidite this withdrawal prior to getting the NOA2.

Anyone with have the fax number to CSC and or mailing address. Would an email be sufficent?

Thanks

Steve

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.