kb9

2nd interview @ Mumbai Consulate after 8 months AP

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

Happy new year! After my CR-1 visa interview, I was issued a white 221G slip indicating I've been put on admin processing (probably for a name check--I have a common name). After 8 months of constantly checking the CEAC website and calling the visa customer service, I finally received an email from the Mumbai consulate. It seems to be a mix of good news and bad news. Though I'm not sure which is which!

The letter says that because our case is a year old, they want me to:

1. Create a profile on ustraveldocs.com website and select a visa delivery location

2. Visit the consulate on any morning with my passport for an interview

3. Bring along the following documents to my interview: a new DS-230 application form, medical certificate, PCC, photo, birth certificate, and latest tax documents from sponsor

It seems like I have to resubmit everything since the previously-submitted documents are >1 year old. This is a downer, since it's not a piece of cake dealing with the passport office for PCC all over again (took me 2 months last time). But I'm feeling hopeful that since they asked to establish a visa deliverly location, the end may be in sight?

Has anyone been through the experience of a 2nd interview after a long AP? Let me know what to be prepared for. And is this a positive sign as I think it is?

Thanks! keeping my fingers crossed to reach the finish line.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think you will have another interview per se. I think you need to just get a date to bring in the current information. Yes I think you will soon get your visa when all your information is in. Good Luck

Keep it Real

Timeline

Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think you will have another interview per se. I think you need to just get a date to bring in the current information. Yes I think you will soon get your visa when all your information is in. Good Luck

Thanks for your feedback! I would be happy to not have another interview, however, I'm pasting verbatim what the letter says: "Appear at the consulate on any business day at 7 AM with your passport and supporting documents. If you fail to take action within 1 year, your application will be terminated"

I guess I can walk in whenever the new documents are ready. But I wonder if I will be interviewed. Because, if I didnt need an interview, I can just submit the documents at the offsite visa document facilitation center, and not go to the consulate directly?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I guess I can walk in whenever the new documents are ready. But I wonder if I will be interviewed. Because, if I didnt need an interview, I can just submit the documents at the offsite visa document facilitation center, and not go to the consulate directly?

They probabaly will speak to you but not necessary interview. If I was in your shoes I would hand deliver that myself and not drop it off anywhere. All the best for a speedy approval and a quick issue of your visa.

Keep it Real

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I was in the same situation 2 months back,I attended the 2nd interview at Mumbai consulate with the documents they asked for and the visa got approved and received within 7 days.

POE - 26th JAN 2014(DFW)

Applied for SSN on 14 th FEB and recieved on 27th FEB 2014

27th FEB ELIS status optimised

4th MARCH production of new card began

7th MARCH card produced and mailed through usps priority mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Any news?

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Happy to report that my 2nd interview was successful. Officer took my passport and said it will be returned with visa as well as cancelled b1 visa. I'll post a more detailed review. But after an interview in Mumbai, how long should I expect it to be delivered to chennai pickup location?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Happy to report that my 2nd interview was successful. Officer took my passport and said it will be returned with visa as well as cancelled b1 visa. I'll post a more detailed review. But after an interview in Mumbai, how long should I expect it to be delivered to chennai pickup location?

Did you get your passport back? Did the CEAC status change to issued? and if so when did it change?

• 2 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

Happy new year! After my CR-1 visa interview, I was issued a white 221G slip indicating I've been put on admin processing (probably for a name check--I have a common name). After 8 months of constantly checking the CEAC website and calling the visa customer service, I finally received an email from the Mumbai consulate. It seems to be a mix of good news and bad news. Though I'm not sure which is which!

The letter says that because our case is a year old, they want me to:

1. Create a profile on ustraveldocs.com website and select a visa delivery location

2. Visit the consulate on any morning with my passport for an interview

3. Bring along the following documents to my interview: a new DS-230 application form, medical certificate, PCC, photo, birth certificate, and latest tax documents from sponsor

It seems like I have to resubmit everything since the previously-submitted documents are >1 year old. This is a downer, since it's not a piece of cake dealing with the passport office for PCC all over again (took me 2 months last time). But I'm feeling hopeful that since they asked to establish a visa deliverly location, the end may be in sight?

Has anyone been through the experience of a 2nd interview after a long AP? Let me know what to be prepared for. And is this a positive sign as I think it is?

Thanks! keeping my fingers crossed to reach the finish line.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi friend.Am also attended the interview on april 15th they gave me a 221g letter after interview.My visa category is F2A.

my question is did you submitted your documents mentioned in 221g?how much it was taken to get a reply from embassy after submission of documents?

Please give me the reply....Because am in confusion.

Timeline

Hi friend.Am also attended the interview on april 15th they gave me a 221g letter after interview.My visa category is F2A.

my question is did you submitted your documents mentioned in 221g?how much it was taken to get a reply from embassy after submission of documents?

Please give me the reply....Because am in confusion.

After my first interview, I got a 221g, and I submitted the requested documents at their OFC locaton. Within a week I randomly got all the documents mailed back to my residence from the consulate without any supporting letter. However, since I was in AP, it took a few more months for AP to complete before they emailed me another letter to return to the consulate for an interview.

Really depends on what you received the 221g letter for. Different items have different timelines associated with them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.