AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My Fiance and i realized that we did not send the letter of intent. We sent our application in July. Is there a process to go through in order to send the letter of intent or do we just wait for an RFE to send it. Any advice?

My Fiance and i realized that we did not send the letter of intent. We sent our application in July. Is there a process to go through in order to send the letter of intent or do we just wait for an RFE to send it. Any advice?

Based on what I've read, I think you have to wait for an official RFE, otherwise USCIS can't match up what was received first to what you're sending now. Maybe you can call the customer service number?

As for me, I'm freaking out since I realized the letters I sent weren't dated. I'll keep everyone posted if I get an RFE though.

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just received notice that additional evidence was needed to process my petition. The request is for evidence that my fiance and I have met over the past two years. I have flown to Colombia to see him several times in 2009, 2010 and 2011 - I do not have letters written to each other after the meeting, referencing specific dates and place - We are on msn messenger, yahoo messenger and now blackberry messenger all the time. Unfortunately the emails we have are few and they were usually sent after we had some type of problem. I sent in copies of my passport with his k1 application which showed entries to US. I sent pictures from his Facebook account were we appear together. How about the sworn statements they say are allowed?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DESPERATE IN NEW YORK CITY -

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I just received notice that additional evidence was needed to process my petition. The request is for evidence that my fiance and I have met over the past two years. I have flown to Colombia to see him several times in 2009, 2010 and 2011 - I do not have letters written to each other after the meeting, referencing specific dates and place - We are on msn messenger, yahoo messenger and now blackberry messenger all the time. Unfortunately the emails we have are few and they were usually sent after we had some type of problem. I sent in copies of my passport with his k1 application which showed entries to US. I sent pictures from his Facebook account were we appear together. How about the sworn statements they say are allowed?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DESPERATE IN NEW YORK CITY -

I don't know if you got your question answered, but I got an RFE for the same reason. On my RFE letter, it said, "The following DOES NOT constitute evidence of meeting: discs, videos, emails, letters, phone bills and greeting cards."

It also said that, "Primary evidence may include airline ticket stubs and receipts (that indicate month, day and year), copies of passport pages that show the identification page and admission stamps, military order(s), letter from Commanding Officer, or any evidence that will help the USCIS to determine that the petitioner has met the beneficiary within the two years. Secondary evidence may include film-dated photographs of the petitioner and beneficiary together."

I don't have film-dated photos, as they are digital and don't really do dates like they used to as the date on the back is the date of printing. I don't have boarding passes as I tossed those, not knowing I'd need them. I originally sent photos with dates written on them and airline itineraries. That apparently wasn't enough. For the RFE, I sent in the passport pages showing my entry into his country (Ireland) and my ID page. The letter specifically asked for this item. The letter was very specific in what they wanted from me. See my profile for the direct quote from the RFE letter..

07 - 26 - 2011 I-129F application sent

07 - 29 - 2011 USCIS received application

08 - 01 - 2011 Date of NOA1

08 - 02 - 2011 Received email, text and case status online was updated of NOA1

08 - 02 - 2011 Check cashed by USCIS

12 - 22 - 2011 Received email and text of RFE. Reason yet to be known. Must wait for letter

12 - 22 - 2011 Postmark that CSC mailed hard copy of the RFE

12 - 24 - 2011 11:55 a.m. Received RFE letter in the mail

12 - 24 - 2011 12:25 p.m. dropped RFE back at the post office with requested copies of passport pages

12 - 28 - 2011 Received email, text and case status online was updated that RFE was received and under review

01 - 04 - 2012 Received email, text and case status online was updated that our I-129F has been approved!!! Yay!

01 - 11 - 2012 NVC received

01 - 17 - 2012 Left NVC for Dublin embassy

01 - 19 - 2012 Dublin Embassy received

01 - 21 - 2012 Received NVC letter with case number and informing us of embassy information (postmarked 01 - 18 - 2012)

01 - 30 - 2012 Received Packet 3

02 - 14 - 2012 Sent Packet 3

02 - 22 - 2012 Received Packet 4

03 - 05 - 2012 Interview date.......we're approved!

156 days to NOA2

217 days (31 weeks exactly) from NOA2 to interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I don't know if you got your question answered, but I got an RFE for the same reason. On my RFE letter, it said, "The following DOES NOT constitute evidence of meeting: discs, videos, emails, letters, phone bills and greeting cards."

It also said that, "Primary evidence may include airline ticket stubs and receipts (that indicate month, day and year), copies of passport pages that show the identification page and admission stamps, military order(s), letter from Commanding Officer, or any evidence that will help the USCIS to determine that the petitioner has met the beneficiary within the two years. Secondary evidence may include film-dated photographs of the petitioner and beneficiary together."

I don't have film-dated photos, as they are digital and don't really do dates like they used to as the date on the back is the date of printing. I don't have boarding passes as I tossed those, not knowing I'd need them. I originally sent photos with dates written on them and airline itineraries. That apparently wasn't enough. For the RFE, I sent in the passport pages showing my entry into his country (Ireland) and my ID page. The letter specifically asked for this item. The letter was very specific in what they wanted from me. See my profile for the direct quote from the RFE letter..

I applied my fiance in july 2011 and I sent them my engagement photographs, copies of my passport where date show for entry and returned, phone bills where it shows her phone number. and it was approved by USCIS. my fiance already have the visa interview date. :)

OK print your photographs from Walmart etc. send them your photographs where u are with your fiance, send them the copies of your passport pages where your info + visa and entry dates are. if you have book by Expedia etc. maybe you can ask them if they have still in records. Good Luck..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I (USC) forgot to date the G325A form. I signed it ahead of time and waited to date everything until we were sure we had everything we needed and just overlooked that page needing a date.

7/15/11 Sent K1 Petition to Lockbox

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

8/12/11 Called USCIS to get receipt number-NOA1 will be resent

8/16/11 Received NOA1 with date of 7/20/11

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

1/12/12 Got email notice we are through the NVC.

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm not exactly sure when to put N/A versus none. Help please!

NONE means ZERO. Some examples are:

How many kids do you have?

What is your middle name?

What is your income?

What property do you own?

All these can have NONE as an answer.

N/A means NOT APPLICABLE. This means the question does not apply to you. Some examples are:

Are you pregnant or do you have pregnancy verification? (and you are a male being asked this question)

Do you still beat your wife?

How long have you been in jail?

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When I sent my paperwork in I was so excited that I forgot to put my fiances G-325A into the pack as it got stuck to my copies in the paperclip. I received notification of my RFE on 1-5-12. Received the RFE on 1-9-12 and was sent back to USCIS on 1-12-12. Yes the G-325A was the only thing missing along with 2 photos(passport style) of me within the past 30 days. I had the 325's but had to get photos of me. I hope it only delays my process for 3 weeks. Says that they could complete within 2 weeks after receiving or could take 2 months. Pray for us for the 2 weeks.

Edited by Chris and Tatiana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Based on what I've read, I think you have to wait for an official RFE, otherwise USCIS can't match up what was received first to what you're sending now. Maybe you can call the customer service number?

As for me, I'm freaking out since I realized the letters I sent weren't dated. I'll keep everyone posted if I get an RFE though.

I forgot to send in my G-325A for my fiance and I talked to several people and they said nothing you can do except wait for RFE if you get one. They may except everything without the letter. I received RFE this past Monday and sent in yesterday. I was only missing my G-325A and they wanted 2 passport style photos of me within past 30 days, so I had to get those.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all we sent our I 129F on 2nd May 2011 in Sept we recieved an RFE as we had forgot to enclose the G-325A Biographic Information form they updated the USCIS that they recieved on 31st October 2011 and to wait 60 days to hear anything.On the 3rd January we rang the Vermont Service Centre as we had not heard from them they put in a Service Response and a week later we got a letter which i understand is a typical generic one size fits all reply :

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.

I am now at a loss of thinking that another 6 months will go by and if this is the case it will be well over 12 months from submitting our petition is there anything else that can be done im wondering or do we just sit it out and hope to hear before the 6 months ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A different city is OK, the main thing is the COUNTRY. I landed in a city a good 12 hours bus journey from where my fiance lived, and had no problem. :yes:

What about a different state? I'm from London England & my fiance is from North Carina, there are no direct flights from London to north Carolina so my POE was a different state. I threw away most of my boarding passes not realising I may need them on the future, I managed to find my boarding pass from London to Washington (this was my POE & i took a conecting flight to nc) should I still include this as evidence? Also does anyone know if it is possible to get hold of past boarding passes from the airlines?

AOS TIMELINE:

Date FIled: July 3rd 2013

NOA Date: July 9th 2013

Biometrics: August 8th 2013

EAD Card received: September 13th 2013

You can probably print out the itinerary online which is all that we used. That with your passport stamps pretty much assure the dates were the real travel dates.

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.