Phred

Sorry descriptions are somewhat vague, what does the VPC do?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am the U S citizen. She is the beneficiary

What happens at the NVC? I have the approval letter from the USCIS. It says it is being forwarded to the NVC.

I assume they have checked my background and hers by now. I was worried because I am a victim do identity theft. Haha, but they approved me so I guess they know what they are doing.

Until recently I was seeking a K1 for my Burmese fiancé.

2012 09 27 First date
2013 01 01 Started cohabiting, and obtained a joint bank account
2013 07 13 Engagement
2013 10 11 Sent i129F to USCIS
2013 10 18 Received NOA1 from USCIS
2013 11 12 Received RFE notice - Almost decided to change the venue to Thailand. Sat on the RFE for about three weeks before proceeding.2013 12 20 RFE answer package received by USCIS
2013 12 23 NOA2 received from USCIS
2014 01 14 After demonstrating the hate Americans have tward the chidfree, my fiancé has no desire to visit the USA.

Going forward, I will sell off my remaining assets in the USA. I doubt I will ever return. Americans are second only to the French when it comes to rudeness.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

The NVC assigns you a new case number. If you're applying at the consulate in Singapore, the case number will start with SGP. It is currently taking about 6-8 weeks from the NOA2 to get a case number from the NVC.

Once the NVC has assigned you a new case number, your case will be sent to the consulate in Singapore (takes about another week). You can check your case status at this website once you get your SGP case number (select immigrant visa). Typically, the status will change from "At NVC" to "In transit" to "ready". The NVC may do another round of background checks. If this happens you may be in "administrative processing" for a while.

Once your status changes to "ready", the embassy will then contact your fiance with instructions on what to do next (commonly referred to as "packet 3"). For a sneak preview of packet 3, check out this thread. :)

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.