SennaBrigante

What is the expedite process?

10 posts in this topic

I'm just curious as to how the expedite process work in USCIS and the NVC. The petitioner just calls and requests for it? Do they have to to tell an exhaustive story as to why they need to be expedited? How do they provide proof for their story?

Thanks

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

documented, here at VJ.

Are you using the advanced search tool?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Not the advanced. I guess the default one? Lol I see threads from 2 years ago and I don't know which is still used.

Also I keep hearing about the humanitarian expedite for the Philippines and I don't know if that's for everyone in the Philippines or just beneficiaries from a specific province or just those directly affected by the storm... And then I see some posts about people who got auto-expedited but we just got our NOA1 so I would imagine that we're too far behind the cases they're currently working on to benefit from that. I'm in Manila and we weren't badly hit compared to other parts so I wonder if we can attempt for that expedite or to not bother since I know there are other people who need it more than us and I'd hate to cause them any hassles without me knowing.

We sent the packet way back November 3 and we only got the NOA1 12/19 so I have no idea what's going - whether there are things happening for Philippine beneficiaries in general or just us lol.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

The humanitarian immigration relief measure is not for everyone in the Philippines. It's for beneficiaries/applicants who are impacted by the Typhoon.

F2a Son of LPR (brother)

1-20-12-- Priority Date

6-11-13-Approval Date

09-06-13-Case Complete

09-07-13- Expedite Request @ NVC (approved)

09-30-13-Case left NVC building (per CSR)

10-02-13- Case "In Transit" (CEAC)

10-08-13-Case " Ready"-Embassy received files

10-14-13- Called Embassy to set-up Interview. email confirmation same day

10-16-13-Medical Done (1day)

10-29-13- Interview Date -APPROVED

10-29-13- VISA ISSUED( CEAC)

11-04-03- VISA ON HAND

xx-xx-xx- POE

Im the USC. Petioned Mom on 10/2010

Mom's POE- 11/2011

Mom petitioned my brother (F2a) and sister (F2b)-Jan2012
Next is Dad (IR5).~ Journey Never Ends~

K1-2005

AOS-2006

ROC-2008

Naturalization-2009-2010

IR5-2010-2011

F2a-(brother) 2012-2013

F2b-(sister) PD 1/2012

F4- (sister)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You call and request an expedite. They then give you a fax number to send proof to. You need serious documentation for the reason, such a several doctors letters etc.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I'm just curious as to how the expedite process work in USCIS and the NVC. The petitioner just calls and requests for it? Do they have to to tell an exhaustive story as to why they need to be expedited? How do they provide proof for their story?

Thanks

To give you an idea how long it takes for the whole process ( Petition Filed to Visa On hand ), In m case, Petition filed Dec 3 2012... Interview date at the US Embassy Nov 7, 2013.. Visa on Hand Nov 11, 2013... This whole process that we had, everything was via email notifications from the NVC..

I am not sure as to how they deal with expedite request.... But, reading thoroughly and making phone calls to ask wont do any harm...

Good luck! dancin5hr.gif

My wife is in an area that wasn't really affected by typhoon but I still called and requested an expedite anyways. About 30 days after I requested the expedite we received an NOA2. We provided no proof or documentation for the expedite either. I told the rep that I wanted to expedite because of the typhoon, and the rep asked me if there was serious injury or if my wife was left homeless, all of which I answered "No" to. She then asked me why I was requesting it and I told her that my wife could very easily have been caught up in the typhoon as well and I didn't want to sit around and wait for the next typhoon to come through and have to rely on luck again. She place the expedite request for me, a few days later I received a letter saying it was under review, and 30 days after that we received the NOA2. So it may be worth trying? Worked out for us! Also when I requested the expedite I think I requested it under "Extreme situation" or something like that, I didn't know at the time it was supposed to be under "Humanitarian."

Edited by Mr&MrsSchmitt

The Journey

08/10/13 - I-130 Sent

08/15/13 - NOA1

11/11/13 - Expedite Requested

11/14/13 - Expedite Received and Under Review

12/17/13 - NOA2 (Merry Christmas!)

01/23/14 - NVC Received

03/10/14 - NVC Case Complete

03/13/14 - Packet 4 Received

03/20/14 - Medical Examination Passed (1day)

04/03/14 - Interview (Approved!)

04/04/14 - Visa Issued

04/10/14 - Received Passport with Visa

04/15/14 - Arrived in the US

06/02/14 - ELIS status CLOSED (Card Produced)

06/03/14 - Green Card Received<p>

01/25/16 - Mailed I-751

08/15/16 - Removal of Conditions approved

8/22/16 - 10 YR Green Card Received

03/02/17 - N400 received

03/08/17 - NOA

My wife is in an area that wasn't really affected by typhoon but I still called and requested an expedite anyways. About 30 days after I requested the expedite we received an NOA2. We provided no proof or documentation for the expedite either. I told the rep that I wanted to expedite because of the typhoon, and the rep asked me if there was serious injury or if my wife was left homeless, all of which I answered "No" to. She then asked me why I was requesting it and I told her that my wife could very easily have been caught up in the typhoon as well and I didn't want to sit around and wait for the next typhoon to come through and have to rely on luck again. She place the expedite request for me, a few days later I received a letter saying it was under review, and 30 days after that we received the NOA2. So it may be worth trying? Worked out for us! Also when I requested the expedite I think I requested it under "Extreme situation" or something like that, I didn't know at the time it was supposed to be under "Humanitarian."

Hello mr&mrsschmitt,

i jus found out about this relief news about philippines who is affected by this storm. My wife had been affected by typhoon haiyan. whats the process and who or where can I get all the information required to expedite my I-130 application. what kind of information do I need to provide for this service. thank you for your time.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You might not want to say that because lots of people from Feb, March and april are still waiting for NOA2 and you telling them that even your wife was not affected by typhoon and still got approved will make lots of people mad, just saying. Congrats anyway!

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you =] I understand why they would be upset, but I also wasn't telling this to the Feb, March, and April filers (or any other month filers). I included that bit in there because it's a detail that relates to SennaBrignate's situation and it's an option available to them. I apologize if I've cause anyone else to be upset by saying that or requesting an expedite. In a country that regularly gets hit by typhoons, prone to flooding and earthquakes, I would expect anyone else to do the same instead of waiting until your significant other is unfortunate enough to take the worst of a natural disaster. I consider my wife fortunate to not have seriously suffered and I attribute that to luck, something I don't want to have to continue to rely on in the future, regardless of whether others filed before me or have been waiting longer. My wife's life is far too important to gamble on luck, far more important than fairness and order, and I'm sure many of you feel the same. Anyways, I understand it's a sensitive topic and emotions often trump reason, just putting my thoughts out there. :)

Sado - All you need to do is call the USCIS and talk to a real person and give them your receipt number and then request to have your case expedited because of the typhoon. I never had to submit anything, just that single 5 minute phone call is all that I had to do.

The Journey

08/10/13 - I-130 Sent

08/15/13 - NOA1

11/11/13 - Expedite Requested

11/14/13 - Expedite Received and Under Review

12/17/13 - NOA2 (Merry Christmas!)

01/23/14 - NVC Received

03/10/14 - NVC Case Complete

03/13/14 - Packet 4 Received

03/20/14 - Medical Examination Passed (1day)

04/03/14 - Interview (Approved!)

04/04/14 - Visa Issued

04/10/14 - Received Passport with Visa

04/15/14 - Arrived in the US

06/02/14 - ELIS status CLOSED (Card Produced)

06/03/14 - Green Card Received<p>

01/25/16 - Mailed I-751

08/15/16 - Removal of Conditions approved

8/22/16 - 10 YR Green Card Received

03/02/17 - N400 received

03/08/17 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.