Niblet

Niblet just got hitched to his Pinay!!

169 posts in this topic

I've seen pics of Niblet's fiance, so I guess as he said, it's your turn.

You mean niblets victim more like...lol

aaaaaaaaaw.. Niblet, yer so sweet ! Thanks for that !!! Big Hug, back atcha !!!

Seriously, post some truck fotos.

Come on Darnell. He's got a 79 chevy pickup with 270K miles on it...a real pos I'm sure...hahahaha

Can you get 270K on a chevy pickup.... ahhh maybe with a rebuild. smile.png

You can by towing it while its in drive.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I may be confusing the report of marriage with the passport name change. Both happened to long ago that the details get mixed up in my head. And thinking about it, it wouldn't make sense to ask it for the report of marriage, what if you were just visiting and returning home? So I'm pretty certain you're right on that score.

We got my wife the state ID while her I-94 was current. We got her permit and then license when she had the EAD. Then returned to remove the immigration check date after the green card arrived. Had we not removed conditions, she never would have been able to get the license. From following the "Your new life in America" topic area, I've seen almost every state now requires an EAD or a Green card to get a license or state ID. Minnesota is one of the easier ones, allowing the I-94, with I think Washington state being the only one I'm aware of now that doesn't require some proof of legal immigration status.

Passport name change and ROM were done at the same time, no EAD, no GC, I-94 was expired. But we still did both. Of course, that's only speaking for our consulate, and the people that work there.

I think Hank said the rules for AZ license were like yours. WA isn't, nor is AK. If we had gotten my wife's DL while I-94 was valid, the license would have been good for 4 years. As it was, we applied after I-94 expired (yes, they DO expire, in spite of what was said above), and had to wait to get DL after we had I-797 for AOS in hand.

Was that the notice of application, or notice of approval? If its just the application, that wouldn't be so bad. We had to get the EAD or approval notice I believe would have worked to.

I know the I-94s expire. One of the links I posted earlier says an I-94 without an expiration date is good for 90 days.

Passport name change and ROM were done at the same time, no EAD, no GC, I-94 was expired. But we still did both. Of course, that's only speaking for our consulate, and the people that work there.

I think Hank said the rules for AZ license were like yours. WA isn't, nor is AK. If we had gotten my wife's DL while I-94 was valid, the license would have been good for 4 years. As it was, we applied after I-94 expired (yes, they DO expire, in spite of what was said above), and had to wait to get DL after we had I-797 for AOS in hand.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Was that the notice of application, or notice of approval? If its just the application, that wouldn't be so bad. We had to get the EAD or approval notice I believe would have worked to.

I know the I-94s expire. One of the links I posted earlier says an I-94 without an expiration date is good for 90 days.

NOA for applying. They WANTED the GC in hand, but I think since I had argued with the DMV manager for so long, she might have conceded that proof of us applying was good enough for her. The USCIS had no say in the matter, couldn't force the DMV to give the DL, but she DID say that my wife was still legal even though the I-94 was expired.

I know you did, that was for Patriot, not you. :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can by towing it while its in drive.

I remember not too many years back Chevy advertising their "100K miles club" ... pretty scary when you think about it that a company thinks it's such a big deal to reach a 100,000 miles with one of their trucks that they had a special club.

il_340x270.455798486_5y5q.jpg

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

NOA for applying. They WANTED the GC in hand, but I think since I had argued with the DMV manager for so long, she might have conceded that proof of us applying was good enough for her. The USCIS had no say in the matter, couldn't force the DMV to give the DL, but she DID say that my wife was still legal even though the I-94 was expired.

I know you did, that was for Patriot, not you. smile.png

I think you wore the manager down lol. Good for you. Even after my wife had her license, she still wasn't quite ready to hit the roads here. Driving in the Philippines, in Davao City, was much different than the roads and speeds we travel here. She even had a new car before her driver's license was in hand. About a month after getting her license, she finally started driving on her own.

Well there was a time, and I'm dating myself, 100,000 miles on any vehicle meant it was pretty much end of life.

I remember not too many years back Chevy advertising their "100K miles club" ... pretty scary when you think about it that a company thinks it's such a big deal to reach a 100,000 miles with one of their trucks that they had a special club.

il_340x270.455798486_5y5q.jpg

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Toyota pretty much realigned them on the club thing.... their club is 400,000 miles.

Living in a state that uses salt on the roads, I don't even want to think what a vehicle would look like after 400,000 miles here. If you put them on fast enough it might be OK. I buy them new, and use them up myself. My current vehicle is a 2004 Durango with 140,000. Its just starting to show some rust spots if you look in the right places. A few more years and I'm gonna get tired of noticing those spots growing.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Living in a state that uses salt on the roads, I don't even want to think what a vehicle would look like after 400,000 miles here. If you put them on fast enough it might be OK. I buy them new, and use them up myself. My current vehicle is a 2004 Durango with 140,000. Its just starting to show some rust spots if you look in the right places. A few more years and I'm gonna get tired of noticing those spots growing.

Another good reason why I don't live in Minnesota anymore... just go up and visit during the summer

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

One of the links I posted earlier says an I-94 without an expiration date is good for 90 days.

Anyone can call themselves a "K-1 Visa Expert" and on this website in particular, many often do, and troll the forums looking for extra money.Some were/are part of the organizer and mod staff.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Anyone can call themselves a "K-1 Visa Expert" and on this website in particular, many often do, and troll the forums looking for extra money.Some were/are part of the organizer and mod staff.

That's amazing !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.