06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Wow you leapfrogged me. Dont forget to call and make an apointment with a US immigration doctor. I did that today and found out I need a booster shot.

I sent Brian all of the medical information, so I'm hoping he gets that done soon. Fingers crossed they'll be able to squeeze us in on such short notice. Which doctor are you going through?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent Brian all of the medical information, so I'm hoping he gets that done soon. Fingers crossed they'll be able to squeeze us in on such short notice. Which doctor are you going through?

Not sure where your fiancee is, but I'm going to go to Ian Zatzman here in the Toronto area. I found out they book for about a month ahead of when you call, but he's going to be on Vacation until the 8th of January, so you may want to plan accordingly. I also found out by the nurse I talked to that I need a booster shot for tetanus and purtusses (my spelling sucks) and that it has to be done within a month of the appointment, which seems stupid since I regularly cross the border anyhow.

So, what I'm going to do is in January, book my medical for February and an appointment with my own doctor for the booster a week before. I also had to get a new police certificate as mine will expire in Februrary and I'll need a new one for March. For anyone interested, previously I went with Red Seal Notary in Mississauga but they have since closed as I found out by the locked door and empty building. It would have been helpful if they had noted that on their website. Instead I went to the Commissionaires and got everything done there for about the same price.

I figure I'll keep the date and not try for earlier as this will help me make some more last minute money from work and get my stuff in order like finding a moving company, manufacturers letter for my car, etc..

Not sure where your fiancee is, but I'm going to go to Ian Zatzman here in the Toronto area. I found out they book for about a month ahead of when you call, but he's going to be on Vacation until the 8th of January, so you may want to plan accordingly. I also found out by the nurse I talked to that I need a booster shot for tetanus and purtusses (my spelling sucks) and that it has to be done within a month of the appointment, which seems stupid since I regularly cross the border anyhow.

So, what I'm going to do is in January, book my medical for February and an appointment with my own doctor for the booster a week before. I also had to get a new police certificate as mine will expire in Februrary and I'll need a new one for March. For anyone interested, previously I went with Red Seal Notary in Mississauga but they have since closed as I found out by the locked door and empty building. It would have been helpful if they had noted that on their website. Instead I went to the Commissionaires and got everything done there for about the same price.

I figure I'll keep the date and not try for earlier as this will help me make some more last minute money from work and get my stuff in order like finding a moving company, manufacturers letter for my car, etc..

Okay, I'll have Brian call again. Are they still taking appointments when he's on vacation? If not, we have to look into a different doctor. (I realize you may not know these answers, just thinking out loud :P)

He's nervous about how close the date is, but I figure it's better to have the interview and then take our time getting him to the States. For once, we may have control of our life! It's the real American dream :P

Timeline

Okay, I'll have Brian call again. Are they still taking appointments when he's on vacation? If not, we have to look into a different doctor. (I realize you may not know these answers, just thinking out loud tongue.png)

He's nervous about how close the date is, but I figure it's better to have the interview and then take our time getting him to the States. For once, we may have control of our life! It's the real American dream tongue.png

The nurse was taking appointments for when he comes back. The trick is to make sure he has all the updates shots that are required for his age. If not, they will make him come back and pay all over again presumably and you'll be behind and have to re-schedule your interview - so make sure no mistakes ;-)

The nurse was taking appointments for when he comes back. The trick is to make sure he has all the updates shots that are required for his age. If not, they will make him come back and pay all over again presumably and you'll be behind and have to re-schedule your interview - so make sure no mistakes ;-)

Yeah, we'll make sure he's on top of it :) I just want my fiance here already!

Timeline

Yeah, we'll make sure he's on top of it smile.png I just want my fiance here already!

I hear ya! my fiancée feels the same way. We can't wait until the day comes we can just sit in our apartment living room on a comfy couch in front of a good movie and just enjoy each other.

It's coming soon...

I hear ya! my fiancée feels the same way. We can't wait until the day comes we can just sit in our apartment living room on a comfy couch in front of a good movie and just enjoy each other.

It's coming soon...

You just described the most perfect night for us hahah. Except replace a movie with some hockey :P

We've been together for almost two years (1/10/12 is our anniversary), so I'm excited for the next chapter in our lives. And, thanks to this site, excited for the next step in yours as well :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.