mitchpa13

Post I-129f approval to NVC

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just recently had my I-129F petition approved on December the 12th at the Texas Service Center. Anyone know how long it is taking for them to send the approved petition to the NVC from TSC? Any other recent approvals from the TSC?

Thanks!

Based on timelines, it seems NVC is receiving NOA2's dated around 2nd week of November. Lately people are saying they had to wait around 6 weeks for NVC to receive their petition. But NVC will tell you the normal timeframe is up to 8 weeks.

Since NOA2 are getting accepted way faster then they can be shipped to NVC it would take around 6-8 weeks for them to recieve your case and another week to send to your designated Embassy.

K-1 Timeline

Click Here to see our complete Timeline!

14 November 2013 - Sent I-129F Package

18 November 2013 - NOA1 (4 days after sending package)

21 November 2013 - Recieved Text and E-mail with Case Number NOA1

25 November 2013 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy in Mail

25 November 2013 - Alien Registration Number Changed

14 January 2014 - NOA2 (54 days after NOA1)

17 January 2014 - USCIS Shipped to NVC

29th January 2014 - NVC Recieved and assigned Case #

4th February 2014 - Abu Dhabi Embassy Recieved our case and the status is now "READY" for interview

24th September 2014 - Interview date - FINGERS CROSSED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Since NOA2 are getting accepted way faster then they can be shipped to NVC it would take around 6-8 weeks for them to recieve your case and another week to send to your designated Embassy.

Aww thats so annoying. I already have everything set and ready to go for my medical and interview! I hate all the waiting around. We are getting married May 1st ♡♡♡

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey mine was approved on December 2nd. Do you think its a NVC yet? It will then be goin on to London embassy. :-)

If your case was in California it might be there for a while, as they've been sending cases from CSC to NVC very slowly. I was approved from CSC a bit before you but didn't contact them yet, we're planning to wait for 30 days and then contact them -as advised on NOA2. But you never know, maybe they already received it and they're about to assign a case number to it.

You can contact them if you'd like, here's how: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Timeline

If your case was in California it might be there for a while, as they've been sending cases from CSC to NVC very slowly. I was approved from CSC a bit before you but didn't contact them yet, we're planning to wait for 30 days and then contact them -as advised on NOA2. But you never know, maybe they already received it and they're about to assign a case number to it.

You can contact them if you'd like, here's how: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Yes i have a feeling ours was with csc. Im hoping by January, first week, i will have my case number and can book my medical. When is the best time to do the DS form? Can you do it as soon as you have your case number?

Thanks for your advice, good luck to you too :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Yes i have a feeling ours was with csc. Im hoping by January, first week, i will have my case number and can book my medical. When is the best time to do the DS form? Can you do it as soon as you have your case number?

Thanks for your advice, good luck to you too :-)

If your case number started with WAC then it definitely was with CSC.

I'm pretty sure you have to file form DS-160 after you get your embassy case number and receive packet 3, so technically yeah you can file it right after your embassy has your documents.

Your embassy will tell you what they need and when. If you have any inquiries or doubts you're better off e-mailing them, every embassy is different and what they ask differs from a country to another.

Timeline

If your case number started with WAC then it definitely was with CSC.

I'm pretty sure you have to file form DS-160 after you get your embassy case number and receive packet 3, so technically yeah you can file it right after your embassy has your documents.

Your embassy will tell you what they need and when. If you have any inquiries or doubts you're better off e-mailing them, every embassy is different and what they ask differs from a country to another.

Ok thanks. My number starts src and it will be London embassy

Since your I-129F was processing at TSC, I could say, just try to call them up in any other day. I've got my case number 2 weeks from approval date on USCIS website. Though the petitioner will get a letter from NVC containing your case number but better to be pro-active to make sure your case file is safe on way to US embassy. Good luck!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Since your I-129F was processing at TSC, I could say, just try to call them up in any other day. I've got my case number 2 weeks from approval date on USCIS website. Though the petitioner will get a letter from NVC containing your case number but better to be pro-active to make sure your case file is safe on way to US embassy. Good luck!

Thankyou. Yes i agree better to be proactive. I am so nervous and excited. We intend to marry on May 1st, return to USA on 17th after a family wedding in the UK. I have sent an email to see how things are with our case at NVC. Good luck to you too!! :-)

Thankyou. Yes i agree better to be proactive. I am so nervous and excited. We intend to marry on May 1st, return to USA on 17th after a family wedding in the UK. I have sent an email to see how things are with our case at NVC. Good luck to you too!! :-)

Thank you!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Got a case status update saying my case was shipped to NVC today, two weeks after approval. Yaaay. Im hoping start of Jan i will have my embassy case number so can book my medical etc :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.