Christian Agape

Unique Problem during my interview, PLease HELP ME!

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was interviewed 21st of October this year. It's almost 8 weeks of waiting and my case is under administrative processing. The status updated date online changed 3 times, first Nov.18, second Dec.5 and lastly is Dec.9, 2013. I don't know why the date is changing but the status is not. During my interview, I have this friend, a woman who happened to be interviewed after me. My interview went well (5-10 minutes only) and the consular officer told me that everything's ok and he has no further questions for me. He also instructed me to wait for my name to be called at the last window, so I was very excited and confident to hear my name. As I said earlier, my friend was interviewed after me. It took her a while and when she came to me, her face was so pale, shocked and crying so I asked her what happened. She told me that the consular officer informed her that her fiance has charge/s so I asked her, she said that she can't remember all the details because she was very shocked.After that, I comforted her. When my name was called at the third to the last window, the woman incharged there asked me, if the consular officer already informed me that my fiance has charges, so I said "NO MA'AM, THE CONSULAR OFFICER DID NOT MENTION THAT ONE TO ME". I believe that there was a big mistake here. My friend confessed to me that she observed some scenarios that will really prove that the charges that the consular officer was talking that time to her is true. That's her fiance, not mine. My fiance is a pastor for 10years and he loves God so much. I know my fiance and he has a Christ-like character. What do you think will happen to our papers? Is this a bad sign that we will wait for so long? I'm praying that the embassy will not finalize something without conducting further investigation about this matter. Please pray for us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So your fiancé has charges against him? What are the charges? Have you spoken to your fiancé? What does he say?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

So your fiancé has charges against him? What are the charges? Have you spoken to your fiancé? What does he say?

good luck

None, my fiance has no charges. Actually, we already called the embassy but they said it's under administrative processing. My friend, who was interviewed after me, her fiance has charges. I don't know what happened after that. She was ok and I'm not but the consular officer told her that her fiance has charges.

Edited by Christian Agape

I'm praying that the embassy will not finalize something without conducting further investigation about this matter. Please pray for us.

If I were you and I suspected something wrong during the interview, I wouldn't leave the window without making sure it was really your fiance they were talking about. You should've spoken up and asked them to triple check the names.

They make final verification/checking during AP. If your fiance really doesn't have any charges, then you will be fine. Just need to be a little more patient. Seek the assistance of a congressman/senator for updates if you wish. Not a guarantee that you will get a detailed case update, but its something you can try.

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

What do you mean by charges? A criminal record? Without telling us exactly what the "charge" is we can't give any advice. I'm not really sure what your friends cars has to do with you. Did you ask what the supposed charges were(still not clear what you even mean by charge unless you mean criminal record)? Just because someone is a man of God doesn't mean in their past they didn't have run in with the law. If it involves anything with the Adam Walsh act it changes the whole ball game.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most likely the embassy is doing additional background checks on your petitioner. There's nothing you can do to speed things up. Just be more patient, okay?

Good luck.

Timeline

If I were you and I suspected something wrong during the interview, I wouldn't leave the window without making sure it was really your fiance they were talking about. You should've spoken up and asked them to triple check the names.

They make final verification/checking during AP. If your fiance really doesn't have any charges, then you will be fine. Just need to be a little more patient. Seek the assistance of a congressman/senator for updates if you wish. Not a guarantee that you will get a detailed case update, but its something you can try.

thank for your suggestion, I asked the woman incharged there to double check the name, instead she gave me 221g form "wait until you hear from us". I hope that the embassy will really investigate this matter. If I will ask some assistance from a congressman/senator, will that help us in our case?

Timeline

What do you mean by charges? A criminal record? Without telling us exactly what the "charge" is we can't give any advice. I'm not really sure what your friends cars has to do with you. Did you ask what the supposed charges were(still not clear what you even mean by charge unless you mean criminal record)? Just because someone is a man of God doesn't mean in their past they didn't have run in with the law. If it involves anything with the Adam Walsh act it changes the whole ball game.

The woman happened to be my friend and at the same time she was interviewed after me confessed that the consular officer told her about child something or sexual something. She can't remember all the details because she was shocked and crying. When I asked the woman at the 3rd to the last window what charges she's trying to say, she just asked me if the C.O. talked about charges thing so I said, NO MA'AM. It's really hard for her and you can see on her face that she's confused and so do I. I was about to say that it's not my fiance and it's my friend's fiance but the woman I'm talking about was beside me. I know my fiance so much, he has no record. He is a law abiding man. His whole life is in the ministry and church. We are both shocked. Last week we called the embassy to conduct further investigation, to compare the profile of that guy with charges and him. Will the embassy do that thing? I'm afraid if they will finalize that thing or info that was encoded. huhuuh, please

so all that was written on the 221g was to wait for them to get in touch with you? then you must do exactly that. extend your patience and trust that things will work out as it should be smile.png seeking assistance from a congressman cannot help your case if your fiance really does have any criminal records. they can only shake the tree a little and maybe the embassy will be kind enough to give more details as to why the visa is taking this long. nobody can tell you how much longer it can take.

the only thing you can control here is your patience.

Edited by iammrsregi

Timeline

Most likely the embassy is doing additional background checks on your petitioner. There's nothing you can do to speed things up. Just be more patient, okay?

Good luck.

hopefully, what do you think is the time frame for this? we are always calling the embassy but they just telling us that it's under AP.

Timeline

what was written on the 221g they gave you?

WAIT UNTIL YOU WILL HEAR FROM US, no documents were asked and it's almost 8 weeks and I'm still waiting to hear something from them but until now no instruction...huhuhuhuh

Timeline

so all that was written on the 221g was to wait for them to get in touch with you? then you must do exactly that. extend your patience and trust that things will work out as it should be smile.png seeking assistance from a congressman cannot help your case in case your fiance really does have any criminal records. they can only shake the tree a little. good luck

My fiance called the embassy last week to conduct further investigation of his profile and that man. If they need something that will prove that he no case he is willing to give all those documents. I was thinking of my friend, if she was approved and that charges thing was encoded to me instead of her. I don't know what will happen to her. I hope she will be ok.

Timeline

so all that was written on the 221g was to wait for them to get in touch with you? then you must do exactly that. extend your patience and trust that things will work out as it should be smile.png seeking assistance from a congressman cannot help your case if your fiance really does have any criminal records. they can only shake the tree a little and maybe the embassy will be kind enough to give more details as to why the visa is taking this long. nobody can tell you how much longer it can take.

the only thing you can control here is your patience.

indeed, i have to extend my PATIENCE... huhuhuhu, since my fiance doesn't have any criminal record so can we seek assistance from a congressman? Is that for free or do we have to pay ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.