BethAnn and Omar

Who is still waiting for visa to be issued??

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anyone out there get approved at interview and still waiting for status on ceac to change to issued? Our status has stayed at ready since the interview on November 26th. I am seriously starting to lose it. No onecan pprovide any information just that visa is being processed and is pending. Will my husband be here before Christmas?? We were told at interview we would have it in a week. Please someone just make me feel better!!

August 4 2012: filed i130

December 5 2012: noa1

May 8:2013: noa2

June 3 2013: case received at NVC

August 26 2013: AOS package received at NVC

Sept 19 2013: case complete

October 1 2013: interview date received from NVC

Nov 26 2013: interview

Timeline

Well the interview was right before thanksgiving, I'm sure the holiday probably delayed it a bit. Hoping you get it soon!

Thanks so much. I hope so seriously I have been a wreck since I left Jamaica without hubby.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks so much. I hope so seriously I have been a wreck since I left Jamaica without hubby.

I know the feeling, after my husbands interview he was put in AP for 10 weeks and I had to leave Jordan without him, it was very difficult.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please feel free to read up on the AP process in Jamaica. There is no rhyme or reason as to why you are in AP and there is no way to tell how long it will last. Our case was in AP for 7 weeks after the interview and I just saw someone post that they just had their status move on December 11 and their interview was Aug 30. Not to scare you but there are many posts of people staying in AP longer than the CO told them at the interview. Prepare yourself mentally for a long AP process and if its shorter than expected then all is good.

You already got through the hard part. The rest is just waiting and unfortunately no one can tell you how long that wait will be.

Be easy

Timeline

Thanks but I'm pretty sure we are not in AP. Our status says Ready on ceac and DOS told us everything is normal with our case and that it should be issued in a few days.

Timeline

Thanks but I'm pretty sure we are not in AP. Our status says Ready on ceac and DOS told us everything is normal with our case and that it should be issued in a few days.

Every visa goes through AP; it's just administrative processing so basically what they do to make it go to issued. Some people, of course, get chosen for ADDITIONAL administrative processing and get held up for weeks or months. Praying that isn't the case for you but every visa goes through AP whether CEAC updates with that or not. Just means they are processing your visa. :)

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Timeline

Our CEAC status said ready while we are an AP and DOS told me everyday that everything looks good. I do hope you get issued soon but please know that AP is the rule not the exception for Jamaica.

Timeline

Our CEAC status said ready while we are an AP and DOS told me everyday that everything looks good. I do hope you get issued soon but please know that AP is the rule not the exception for Jamaica.

Timeline

Thanks guys for the replies. So I guess all Jamaica filers go through AP. That is good to know. I thought we were being singled out ugh! I just feel so down and helpless right now. My husband just wants to come here and be with me and start a family and our lives are on hold and there is nothing I can do about it. To be told you were approved and now this.

Timeline

Thanks guys for the replies. So I guess all Jamaica filers go through AP. That is good to know. I thought we were being singled out ugh! I just feel so down and helpless right now. My husband just wants to come here and be with me and start a family and our lives are on hold and there is nothing I can do about it. To be told you were approved and now this.

Yah. Think about it this way - its a small part of your entire life. You have a long journey in your marriage. Its no longer him or you going and coming to visit its now permanent. Although we waited 7 weeks to be issued, its seems like nothing now and I would do it all over again for the man that I love and that I know loves me. And I believe that waiting for 7 weeks cemented our love and taught us a hard lesson in patience (and I am sure we will need to exercise patience in our marriage). There is a saying we have in Jamaica that goes "if yuh want good yuh nose haffi run" and it essentially means that all good things comes to those that wait. As many others have said to you, you already passed the hard part. Focus now on things that he will need when he moves and how you want your life and love to be.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.