Schynam

K1 Visa Denied in Lagos Embassy

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to hear this.

Assignment for yo uis to find ou texactly what happened and also get a copy of the paperwork that she was given.

When we were denied, I had my Fiancee scan and email a copy of the denial letter she was given to me adn I was already in action before she got to Ibadan.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Forum~

~Inquiry embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry to hear this.

Assignment for yo uis to find ou texactly what happened and also get a copy of the paperwork that she was given.

When we were denied, I had my Fiancee scan and email a copy of the denial letter she was given to me adn I was already in action before she got to Ibadan.

Great. We are from Ibadan as well. I have the paperwork they gave her. One was a contact sheet and the other two pages were just notifications of what she should with the contact sheet and the notice that the case would be AP;d as soon as she submits the contact sheet.

Filed: Timeline

Great. We are from Ibadan as well. I have the paperwork they gave her. One was a contact sheet and the other two pages were just notifications of what she should with the contact sheet and the notice that the case would be AP;d as soon as she submits the contact sheet.

I think she'll be okay as soon as she submits the information that they need.

Oke Ibadan Agbe Wa O.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

That's not the reason.

Did she actually go to the interview?

Do you regularly send her money?

If so then you are being scammed.

Just like that? Haba!

Timeline

Abe o rinkan?

Na our people cause am though.

If person fly Naija flag here na so dem go think scam dey happen.

E sweet my belle say oko ati iyawo na naija.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Abe o rinkan?

Na our people cause am though.

If person fly Naija flag here na so dem go think scam dey happen.

LMFAO!! Gowon, you just hit the nail on the head..

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are both Nigerians and no bride price yet. Thanks. We will wait. I just emailed the embassy myself.

I don't think bride price have to be paid for the embassy to deny the visa. If your fiancé gives any impression that a formal meeting between your two families has occur the embassy will take that you two are married. Is pretty common for visas coming from west Africa especially Nigeria and Ghana due to the customs of marriage.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

My Fiancee was denied the K1 Visa today. Reason given was that she wore the Engagement ring on the wrong finger. Which I found ludicrous.

Any idea how to proceed from here? I know I can appeal this decision. But I would appreciate inputs from VJers.

My husband is from nigeria and i asked him about this. He said certain fingers represent your relationship status. If you are engaged the ring should be on third finger. and marriage ring goes on 4th finger. He even said the index finger means you are looking for relationship. I cant remeber which one pacificly the pinky or the thumb but one means you dont want to be married other means you are seperated. FYI for future Nigeria Embassy with K1 visas.

Timeline

My husband is from nigeria and i asked him about this. He said certain fingers represent your relationship status. If you are engaged the ring should be on third finger. and marriage ring goes on 4th finger. He even said the index finger means you are looking for relationship. I cant remeber which one pacificly the pinky or the thumb but one means you dont want to be married other means you are seperated. FYI for future Nigeria Embassy with K1 visas.

Interesting. Been out of Naija for a minute to even pick all that up. Thanks for finding this out.

Timeline

After 5 years of dating my husband (fiance at the time) and I originally filed a K1 and he was denied the visa in Lagos because they interviewer did not like his answers. The interviewer didn't even look at the supporting documentation that my husband had brought with him. I was so furious that I flew back to Lagos just to go to the embassy and let them know how I felt. When I finally got the chance to speak to someone the gentleman at the embassy told me he that he apologized it was clear we were not fraudulent but that K1 visas are regularly denied based on fake relationships and that it's better to be married and file as a spouse. Needless to say while I was there we went to the registry and got married so that I could come back to the states and start from scratch filing the I-130. Thinking about it, it does make sense as the K1 process seems to move faster and now I know why....they have a higher denial rate. Good luck my friend :)

Married 3/22/12 heart.gif

USCIS

05/04/13 : I-130 Mailed to USCIS

05/06/13 : NOA1

12/19/13 : Case transferred to CSC

02/18/14 : NOA2

NVC

03/03/14 : NVC received the case

xx/xx/xx : Case number assigned and IIN/BIN

xx/xx/xx : DS-261 Available and completed

xx/xx/xx : AOS bill Available and paid

xx/xx/xx : AOS Emailed to NVC

xx/xx/xx : IV bill available and paid

xx/xx/xx : DS-260 Available and completed

xx/xx/xx : IV package emailed to NVC

xx/xx/xx : Case Complete

CONSULATE

xx/xx/xx : Medical
xx/xx/xx : Interview
xx/xx/xx : Visa in hand
xx/xx/xx : POE

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Today, 02/26/2014, with heavy military police presence, a representative of the US Embassy visited my fiance to hopefully "complete" the administrative processing my K1 case has been in since December.

The guy asked her several questions like where I work, and if she used the apartment alone. They even opened the bible laying next to her bed. Then they left. The guy did not stay up to 15 minutes. Nice day's work smile.gif. We are still waiting for them to make a decision.

This is hoping that they will do the right thing and issue the K1 visa to her already.

Timeline

After 5 years of dating my husband (fiance at the time) and I originally filed a K1 and he was denied the visa in Lagos because they interviewer did not like his answers. The interviewer didn't even look at the supporting documentation that my husband had brought with him. I was so furious that I flew back to Lagos just to go to the embassy and let them know how I felt. When I finally got the chance to speak to someone the gentleman at the embassy told me he that he apologized it was clear we were not fraudulent but that K1 visas are regularly denied based on fake relationships and that it's better to be married and file as a spouse. Needless to say while I was there we went to the registry and got married so that I could come back to the states and start from scratch filing the I-130. Thinking about it, it does make sense as the K1 process seems to move faster and now I know why....they have a higher denial rate. Good luck my friend smile.png

Thank you Amanda. I hope your husband is now with you. I have booked a flight, which I unfortunately paid for yesterday, so I could go back and do the registry thing with her. Lo and behold the embassy hit us with a surprise visit to her place today.

Hopefully I won't have to fly to Nigeria before they issue her visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.