Zeeshanish

AP for United Arab Emirates

10 posts in this topic

Hi i have seen many topics here on AP and according to many people UNITED ARAB EMIRATES fall under mandatory AP (i could be wrong) so why isn't there any topic for people with AP in this section? I have tried searching for it through Advance search options.

Also i read alot of Consulate Reviews of UAE, Nobody in my knowledge ever posted about AP over there. Is it true that UAE Applicants have to go through Mandatory AP or is just another hype because the Country is situated in Middle East?

The only ap i saw was for 2 days for a guy who was missing a document besides that nothing.

Please help me as we're trying to setup a date for the wedding so we're trying to figure out if theres any unexpected long AP's coming our way, thanks for all the replies in advance!

K-1 Timeline

Click Here to see our complete Timeline!

14 November 2013 - Sent I-129F Package

18 November 2013 - NOA1 (4 days after sending package)

21 November 2013 - Recieved Text and E-mail with Case Number NOA1

25 November 2013 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy in Mail

25 November 2013 - Alien Registration Number Changed

14 January 2014 - NOA2 (54 days after NOA1)

17 January 2014 - USCIS Shipped to NVC

29th January 2014 - NVC Recieved and assigned Case #

4th February 2014 - Abu Dhabi Embassy Recieved our case and the status is now "READY" for interview

24th September 2014 - Interview date - FINGERS CROSSED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Your timeline says the beneficiary is from Pakistan. Pakistan has mandatory AP, even if you are applying through UAE. There are other Pakistani citizens who are residents of other countries who have been in AP for quite awhile. If it's true that he is a Pakistani citizen you should be following the Pakistan portal

Timeline

Also you should never make final arrangements or make deposits for the wedding until the visa is in hand. No matter the country the beneficiary is from there is always the chance of AP at the interview stage. There are so many threads here about never making final arrangements.

Your timeline says the beneficiary is from Pakistan. Pakistan has mandatory AP, even if you are applying through UAE. There are other Pakistani citizens who are residents of other countries who have been in AP for quite awhile. If it's true that he is a Pakistani citizen you should be following the Pakistan portal

I am the beneficiary myself, me and my fiance uses the same VJ account. I am from Pakistan but i have been living in the UAE for the past 5 years now as i have my own business here so i am applying through UAE actually. I just hope even if i do get put into mandatory ap because of my Pakistani Nationality it is fast because i do have a uncommon name (zeeshan ramzan sabqi) so it should clear the background check fast.

K-1 Timeline

4th February 2014 - Abu Dhabi Embassy Recieved our case and the status is now "READY" for interview

Timeline

I am the beneficiary myself, me and my fiance uses the same VJ account. I am from Pakistan but i have been living in the UAE for the past 5 years now as i have my own business here so i am applying through UAE actually. I just hope even if i do get put into mandatory ap because of my Pakistani Nationality it is fast because i do have a uncommon name (zeeshan ramzan sabqi) so it should clear the background check fast.

Just because your last name is uncommon won't mean any AP is fast, especially for Pakistanis. Record keeping in Pakistan is horrible at best which makes the process of background checks all the more difficult. I hope this isn't the case for you, but you may want to prepare yourself. And don't make any finals arrangements for the wedding until you have the visa in hand. I would hate to see you lose deposits on any venues or other arrangements. Good luck. Edited by mimolicious

Just because your last name is uncommon won't mean any AP is fast, especially for Pakistanis. Record keeping in Pakistan is horrible at best which makes the process of background checks all the more difficult. I hope this isn't the case for you, but you may want to prepare yourself. And don't make any finals arrangements for the wedding until you have the visa in hand. I would hate to see you lose deposits on any venues or other arrangements. Good luck.

Hopefully there is no delay, i try to keep it real but my fiance has already booked her favorite venue that she wanted to get married in since childhood and they have only given her a day in between of a busy schduele so if we miss that date either we wait for months or getting married elsewhere. Personally i dont care where and when we get married but hoping we don't get stuck in AP.

Thanks for the insight.

K-1 Timeline

Timeline

When did she book the wedding for? you just got noa1. Your interview won't be until at least the late summer or early fall of 2014 at the earliest. With AP most likely the result.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can use the UAE consulate since you live there, but you are still a Pakistani citizen and therefore subject to the Pakistani rules.

Hi i have seen many topics here on AP and according to many people UNITED ARAB EMIRATES fall under mandatory AP (i could be wrong) so why isn't there any topic for people with AP in this section? I have tried searching for it through Advance search options.

Also i read alot of Consulate Reviews of UAE, Nobody in my knowledge ever posted about AP over there. Is it true that UAE Applicants have to go through Mandatory AP or is just another hype because the Country is situated in Middle East?

The only ap i saw was for 2 days for a guy who was missing a document besides that nothing.

Please help me as we're trying to setup a date for the wedding so we're trying to figure out if theres any unexpected long AP's coming our way, thanks for all the replies in advance!

Just to make you feel better, my husband is from pakistan living in UAE at the time i apply for his fiance visa we got approve and visa right away within 3 days of interview, Not only me but a couple other people got approve without AP as well from pakistan living in UAE without any AP.. SO you might stand a chance.. good luck ..

Edited by @@mirpeArL

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

When did she book the wedding for? you just got noa1. Your interview won't be until at least the late summer or early fall of 2014 at the earliest. With AP most likely the result.

June 22 2014. Everytime i stopped her from making a booking it made her angry so i had to give in because this place gave her this date between months of booking.

Just to make you feel better, my husband is from pakistan living in UAE at the time i apply for his fiance visa we got approve and visa right away within 3 days of interview, Not only me but a couple other people got approve without AP as well from pakistan living in UAE without any AP.. SO you might stand a chance.. good luck ..

Thanks for the reassurance, hopefully we don't have long AP aswell but anything could happen.

K-1 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.