Maribel&Kyle

Waiting for my passport back - Why Montreal is so slow ?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So we had our interview the 25th of November and so far no sign of where my passport is now. The Visa Officer told us that we would get it back within 7- 10 days

but nothing . I am getting anxious.I dont want to spend one more Christmas by myself.

If you guys can tell me your experience waiting for your passport would be encouraging ... !

So we had our interview the 25th of November and so far no sign of where my passport is now. The Visa Officer told us that we would get it back within 7- 10 days

but nothing . I am getting anxious.I dont want to spend one more Christmas by myself.

If you guys can tell me your experience waiting for your passport would be encouraging ... !

That's 7-10 working days. You are at 6 days so far, remember there was the Thanksgiving Holiday here in the US. Not sure about Canada but Philippines was 11 working days. It will happen.

Aloha from Hawaii

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got mine one week to date, only because the scanner at the Loomis facility was broke. If it has left the consulate and you do not receive it by end of next week I would call Loomis and ask for the number to get it tracked to see where it is. Did they give you a waybill number yet? If so, keep checking the Loomis website to see where the visa is at. Blessings and will be praying that you get your visa soon and have a smooth POE.

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

Timeline

Hi there

I just got my passport back today !! . Wondering what comes after and what is a POE - btw it says that this visa will expire may 2014 ..what are the next steps

I got mine one week to date, only because the scanner at the Loomis facility was broke. If it has left the consulate and you do not receive it by end of next week I would call Loomis and ask for the number to get it tracked to see where it is. Did they give you a waybill number yet? If so, keep checking the Loomis website to see where the visa is at. Blessings and will be praying that you get your visa soon and have a smooth POE.

Timeline

Hi there

I just got my passport back today !! . Wondering what comes after and what is a POE - btw it says that this visa will expire may 2014 ..what are the next steps

Yea God!!! So you have the visa in the passport and the envelope that says "Do Not Open." What happens next is you enter the USA through a POE (Port Of Entry) such as the airport or a land border crossing. What happens is when you get to the POE is you will go to secondary, the CBP officer will take your envelope and verify some of the information on your petition such as the address you will be living at. Then after you have cleared the POE you and Kyle will get married within 90 days of your entry. After getting married you will wait for your marriage certificate and then file forms I-485 AOS (Adjustment Of Status), I-131 AP(Advanced Parole) so that you can travel and I-765 EAD(Employment Authorization Document) so that you can work while the AOS is in process. The AP/EAD will take from 60-90 days to get approved and then it will take anywhere from 4mths-1yr for you AOS to be approved. After AOS is approved you will receive your 2 yr GC(Green Card). With the SSN you have the choice of getting it before or after you get married. I would suggest getting it before and just changing your name on it once you get married.

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Canada regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Start reading through the Adjustment of Status guide (AOS) so that you're ready for what you need todo after the wedding.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

we really wish could meet you sometime face to face !! - You have been such a great help during this process , especially in the last most stressful parts of it.

Thank YOU , Thank You, Thank YOU ! - Our wedding will be the 27th of this month and we are looking forward to be husband and wife for many years.

I will definetely keep in touch with you , Thanks for the info of what to do after we are married. When do you think could be a good time to start the AOS process ?

January 2nd ?? ) -- How to begin !! - You must understand that after a whole year getting dizzy with all these paperwork, The least i want is start thinking about

another whole process again.. But i know it is a MUST DO - I just dont want to think about it until the 2 of January 2014 -

Anyway. Could You send me the steps for this process please - Where i can get those forms ? How much does it cost to do this ?

Please Need your help Once again !!

Merry Christmas and Blessings in Your Marriage

Yea God!!! So you have the visa in the passport and the envelope that says "Do Not Open." What happens next is you enter the USA through a POE (Port Of Entry) such as the airport or a land border crossing. What happens is when you get to the POE is you will go to secondary, the CBP officer will take your envelope and verify some of the information on your petition such as the address you will be living at. Then after you have cleared the POE you and Kyle will get married within 90 days of your entry. After getting married you will wait for your marriage certificate and then file forms I-485 AOS (Adjustment Of Status), I-131 AP(Advanced Parole) so that you can travel and I-765 EAD(Employment Authorization Document) so that you can work while the AOS is in process. The AP/EAD will take from 60-90 days to get approved and then it will take anywhere from 4mths-1yr for you AOS to be approved. After AOS is approved you will receive your 2 yr GC(Green Card). With the SSN you have the choice of getting it before or after you get married. I would suggest getting it before and just changing your name on it once you get married.

Timeline

Not a problem that is what we are all here for is to help each other. As was said previously there are guides to all of the process. If you got to the top where it says GUIDES and then look there it will tell you what to do for AOS under "AOS from K-1 visa." I have to say that this website is a wealth of information and will help you through the whole process. All the forms that I mentioned earlier as well as the instructions that go with them are on the uscis.gov website (I-485 for AOS, I-765 for EAD, I-131 for AP). As far as the cost, all 3 forms cost $1070 ($985 apps fee + $85 biometrics fee). And you can wait till January 2, 2014 to apply. My wife and I do understand the stress and dizziness of all the paperwork and are now thankful that we have some time off until the next set of paperwork in 2015. Have a blessed Christmas together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.