1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes I called an I asked she said December 3rd are being worked on. I'm tired of waiting going to call everyday till they let me put in service request. She said give them two more weeks.

Tana kauffman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Can anyone help me understand this from congressman.

The Congressional Liaison at the USCIS Texas Service Center informed me that your case is in the queue to be assigned to an officer and a decision will be made once the officer reviews the case. Please let me know if you have any questions.

This means absolutely nothing. Even before your congressman called, your case was in the queue to be assigned to an officer and a decision would be made once the officer reviews the case!

So essentially what they're saying to the congressman's office is, 'your case is and will be exactly where it was before, in line with everybody else.'

Edited by Jon York

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

This means absolutely nothing. Even before your congressman called, your case was in the queue to be assigned to an officer and a decision would be made once the officer reviews the case!

So essentially what they're saying to the congressman's office is, 'your case is and will be exactly where it was before, in line with everybody else.'

I am looking forward to look back on this ridiculous wait and laugh.

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

DR, Don't worry about it! I'm telling you - one day we'll look back on it and hardly remember it! It'll seem like it flew by once it's all over!

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Late December filers being approved, Along with A few early January from TSC. No expedited cases! Just those who've waited 5 months. They're moving, Slowly but in the right direction.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-03

I-129F NOA1: 2014-03-10

I-129F NOA2: 2014-08-28

Sent to NVC: 2014-09-03

Arrived at NVC: 2014-09-12

Case Number: 2014-09-16

Embassy Received Case: 2014-09-23

Medical (Passed). 2014-10-23

Interview (APPROVED) 2014-12-18

Visa In Hand. 2014-12-30

MOVING DAY!!! 2015-01-02

Wedding!! 2015-01-24

Filed: Timeline

In regards to contacting your senator vs your congressmen/representatives, it's up to you. Some ppl contact one or the other, while some contact both. I chose my congressman because the process is a bit quicker. Typically to inlist assistance from your senator, you will be required to complete a disclosure form which requires not only your(petitioner) signature, but that of the beneficiary as well. While your representative only requires your signature(petitioner).

You can go online to http://whoismyrepresentative.com/ to determine who your district representative is and get their contact info online. I suggest calling them and asking to speak with their immigration liason- every congressman has one.

Hope this helps!

thank's so much for your help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've been reading all the threads about congressmen v senators and putting in service requests. I want to share my experience/opinion. I was able to put in a service request with the option of a second. Exactly 4 months and 2 weeks before my 5 month mark after my NOA1 I called, demanded a Tier 2 officer, and I explained to her my frustration with the conflicting information I had been receiving and wanted an update on my case. She put in a service request and promised me within 2 weeks I would have a written update. I waited about 12 days and I called again, demanded a Tier 2 officer (because really the people who answer you can't give you any info other than what you see on the case status screen,) and the guy I spoke to said "You still have 2 days..after that, if you still don't have an answer, call back and we'll put in another service request but I can't do it until this one is closed out...but I'm pretty sure this will be resolved in time." In the mean time I stayed on top of my senators office like white on rice. I called almost daily because they were very lax about the case; I was on a first name basis with the woman handling it and I even got her direct email and phone number. My 2 days came and the next thing I know the CASE officer calls me and tells me my file was brought to her desk that morning and discussed a couple of things with me.

The reason I'm sharing this is for 2 reasons:

1) if you are calling for a service request, you need to *demand* a tier 2 officer. This wording is very important because that's the only way they'll escalate you. When they transfer you it needs to be classified as the customer was demanding to be transferred. Also, if you say you just want a written update on your case they will more than likely file the service request because it's a way around the 5 months + 30 days requirement.

2) If you reach out to your representatives you have to understand they get these calls all the time (at least in New York.) I worked with a Senator's office and I had to stay on top of them...I called all the time and finally paid off. It's not as simple as calling them, sending the permission to release information form and then waiting for them to call back. We all call USCIS on a regular basis, the reps office is no different. You can call and ask what the status is and what they're doing. At least in NY there is someone who solely is dedicated to this responsibility; you should stay on top of them if they're not working fast enough.

If this is all information you all knew, I apologize. I just wrote it in case we have some followers but not participants who may feel a bit uncomfortable asking.

10/22/12 - Met online

04/19/13 - First trip to Morocco

11/22/13 - Second trip to Morocco

12/13/13 - Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

12/19/13 - Received electronic notification for NOA1

12/30/13 - Received paper copy of NOA1

01/06/14 - Alien Registration Number was changed

02/13/14 - Third trip to Morocco

04/09/14 - Mailed Certified letter to Senator 1 requesting update on case

05/19/14 - Still no response from Senator 1's office

05/19/14 - Faxed request for intervention to Senator 2

05/21/14 - Spoke with my case officer, asked me for additional info to be faxed to her.

05/22/14 - Petition approved (as per tier 2 officer on phone and mailed)

05/28/14 - Approval sent to DOS for processing (still no paper copy of NOA2)

06/05/14 - NVC received approval from USCIS

06/10/14 - NVC registers petition; received case number

06/24/14 - In transit to Morocco

06/25/14 - Case is ready for interview

07/01/14 - Called consulate, they called my fiancé and scheduled the interview and emailed packet 3

07/15/14 - First interview

07/24/14 - Fourth trip to Morocco

08/05/14 - Fiancé relocated to Australia

Pending case transfer from Casablanca to Sydney

02/12/15 - Fifth trip together -- meeting in SE Asia

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

well now theyre doing it in the order they received? They should of have done that a long time ago. Maybe its because of hw many senators and congressman have contacted them. Tanak how do u know.? Did you call uscis?

I guarantee all these march april and may filers that are crying about the predicted wait time and messaging their senators has slowed down the process for the people who waited patiently..

I ripped into them on a couple threads about how A.) stop pretending that they are writing their senators to change the system when they really just want a fast approval for themselves. B.) that they are being a little inconsiderate because it causes the USCIS to bump their cases up above the people that have waited and C.) that they are being ridiculously impatient waiting 2 or 3 weeks then writing a senator about their case

No ones petition is lost. They have all your petitions guys and I can honestly say that they will be approving them soon. I remember waiting at that last part before we got approved and I was going crazy. When we finally got the notice of approval email and text I didn't believe it at first. Just hang in there and if you have any questions please feel free to PM me!

sending you guys good vibes)))

11/18/2013 - Filed I-129F
11/25/2013 - NOA1 text/email received
05/01/2014 - NOA2 text/Email received
06/18/2014 - Interview - Approved
07/31/2014 - Point of Entry
10/17/2014 - Married
10/23/2014 - Filed AOS/EAD/AP
11/07/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

12/22/2014 - EAD/AP Approved

01/02/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My guy just called USCIS and they also said they are working on Dec 3rd. Praying that is true.

Feb 2013- Met Online- started chatting.secret7vf.gif

March 2013- Met in person..started dating.heart.gifrose.gif

December 5th,2013- Filed 129Freading.gif

December 19th- Alien number change.dancin5hr.gif

December 20th (approx)- Received NOA1idea9dv.gif

Have since been ANXIOUSLY awaitting ANY kind of change.. or news. :clock:

NOTTA...for 6 months... Grrr (almost lost my mind) :ranting:

JUNE 16TH 2014- NOA2 APPROVED- YAYYYYYYYY :D

JULY 1ST 2014- NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE! B-)

AUGUST 5TH 2014- MEDICAL :innocent:

AUGUST 20TH 2014- INTERVIEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :dance:

AUGUST 20th 2014- APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!! :energy:

My guy just called USCIS and they also said they are working on Dec 3rd. Praying that is true.

I hope so. My five months was 5/30/2014. Its 5 months and 5 days. I'm hoping to hear from them by next week. then I will ask to speak to a tier 2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I hope so. My five months was 5/30/2014. Its 5 months and 5 days. I'm hoping to hear from them by next week. then I will ask to speak to a tier 2.

Oi, us first! ;) We'll hit 5 months and 3 weeks tomorrow...

Fingers crossed we all hear something this month, I think I'm going a little bit crazy now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.