1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well a few few weeks ago lawyer became independent because she had problems with her boss so she just moved into her new office. Yes Drbound we received our NOA2 Hardcopy on August 1st to our lawyer's old office. Supposely the post office messed up with the address as in lawyer's suite number idk. But we fixed that so everything is okay.Uscis was sending a new letter through mail -maybe a new set of hardcopy of our approval. Just waiting for our case to be sent to NVC.

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 6, 2014 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

WIERD HUH? Hope it's not a mistake...I already received my NOA2 Hardcopy through mail on August 1st..Maybe they are resending a second hardcopy of my NOA2.

Question, is there a fee for affidavit of support form, an when do I send the affidavit of support. Will NVC send me something?

The Affidavit of Support (i-134) is free and you fill it out yourself. You don't need to notarize it, either. Just sign and date.

You'll send it to your fiance before his interview. He will need it at the interview.

just bought my rt ticket to the DR for our cita! plan is to come back and wait the 1-2 weeks for her to have the visa in hand. Then i will fly down and pick her up so she doesn't have to fly alone! I can hardly believe that this is actually gonna happen just weeks from now!

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

just bought my rt ticket to the DR for our cita! plan is to come back and wait the 1-2 weeks for her to have the visa in hand. Then i will fly down and pick her up so she doesn't have to fly alone! I can hardly believe that this is actually gonna happen just weeks from now!

good luck!! wishing you the best!!

Good luck, DR. You're lucky that DR is so close to the US. My rt ticket to Vietnam costs me $1,500+ and it's a 25-hr flight (including transfers).

Edited by frontgear

Well NVC told me just now it can take about 25 business days to receive it. once it gets there it won't be there long they sent it right away to the embassy. I have 8 more days to check, lol.

Hopefully the call back request I get from USCIS will let me know when they sent it out...

Edited by Miamorjuan1210

Good luck, DR. You're lucky that DR is so close to the US. My rt ticket to Vietnam costs me $1,500+ and it's a 25-hr flight (including transfers).

Thank you both. Most of us now are going to be having our fiance(e)s here very soon! after the NOA2 it really goes fast... ive read it before but now i believe it!

As for vietnam, i didnt realize that was a country that the petitioner was required to go to... are you required to go the interview? who else is planning a trip to their beneficiary's country for the interview? obviously DR, Vietnam it looks like. I know with Pakistan you don't have to go (Jon York).

And yes i am lucky, only $410 for a RT ticket! I can go there and come back almost 4 times with your $1500!

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

CONGRATS DRBound!! :dancing:

Thank you both. Most of us now are going to be having our fiance(e)s here very soon! after the NOA2 it really goes fast... ive read it before but now i believe it!

As for vietnam, i didnt realize that was a country that the petitioner was required to go to... are you required to go the interview? who else is planning a trip to their beneficiary's country for the interview? obviously DR, Vietnam it looks like. I know with Pakistan you don't have to go (Jon York).

And yes i am lucky, only $410 for a RT ticket! I can go there and come back almost 4 times with your $1500!

No, I am not required to go to Vietnam for the interview. I just want to be with my fiancee when she interviews. And hopefully bring her back all in one trip. :)

Hi guys, I just wanted to give you a status update. So I had called NVC and they couldn't give me any info

but i called USCIS just to see if I can get some info on when it was sent out. I spoke with a tier 2 officer. Very nice, and helpful he sent me many blessings. lol. anyway, he told me that my application left USCIS july 24 through july 30. It states that NVC received it then and they have been processing my application. As soon as they get it together they will forward it to the consulate.

I guess the technical difficulties they are having at NVC is not showing this info but this is what i got from USCIS.

he also told me that he was going to be called my Fiance, to go for the interview and his visa.
I mentioned to him I thought i had to go and he said no only if I wanted to. Im not sure about that part which I found interesting,
Edited by Miamorjuan1210

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.