1,942 posts in this topic

thats awesome. Good for you. pretty fast..

How long should i wait to call NVC to see when they received my petition?

i know it says from 1 to 4 weeks. it will be two weeks this thurs, shall I call then?

I would call later tonight if you don't have anything better to do, like around 11pm EST... I started calling after about one week... although mine took about 4 weeks to be received at NVC. It doesn't cost anything, just a bit of your time. 7 am for the shortest hold time though i have found. Sometimes they don't open the phone lines until like 7:03 though!

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

Hey , you guys i was wondering..How do you know your case has been sent to NVC? Does it appear at the USCIS case status section? On my NOA2 Hardcopy it says sent to the listed consulate..I believe they are talkign about NVC isntead right?

yes. i believe so

Hey , you guys i was wondering..How do you know your case has been sent to NVC? Does it appear at the USCIS case status section? On my NOA2 Hardcopy it says sent to the listed consulate..I believe they are talkign about NVC isntead right?

Yes, they all say that they have been sent to the listed consulate. It just means NVC. What does your USCIS case say now? has it not been shipped yet according to the website?

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

Filed: Timeline

Just got text petition was shipped to visa center for processing. Excited

congratsss :) Does it show on USCIS Case status?

Yes, they all say that they have been sent to the listed consulate. It just means NVC. What does your USCIS case say now? has it not been shipped yet according to the website?

It says :(

Post Decision Activity

On July 24, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Edited by Zach<3Katiuska

congratsss :) Does it show on USCIS Case status?

It says :(

Post Decision Activity

On July 24, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

You should get one more notice like miamorjuan mentioned. I got a second notice that said it had been shipped. By second notice i mean first notice after what you see there. it will say that it has shipped. I would then give it a week maybe and start calling... But if you are like me you will call twice a week starting today! it just makes it seem to go by faster like that!

So the same website, uscis is what let's you know if nvc received it?

no, uscis only says it has been shipped. to find out about the case number and if the nvc has received your case you need to call the 603 number in NH.

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

You should get one more notice like miamorjuan mentioned. I got a second notice that said it had been shipped. By second notice i mean first notice after what you see there. it will say that it has shipped. I would then give it a week maybe and start calling... But if you are like me you will call twice a week starting today! it just makes it seem to go by faster like that!

no, uscis only says it has been shipped. to find out about the case number and if the nvc has received your case you need to call the 603 number in NH.

og

oh ok, Thanks

on my hard copy it says it was sent to NVC

Filed: Timeline

Yes, that's what i believe..it should show on the USCIS case status that is has been shipped but others say that i need to start calling! My fiance will be calling in an hour since they say that it's better to call either early in the morning or at night just to see if they received our case.

Yes, that's what i believe..it should show on the USCIS case status that is has been shipped but others say that i need to start calling! My fiance will be calling in an hour since they say that it's better to call either early in the morning or at night just to see if they received our case.

I tried around 4:30pm and 3 times now. Line busy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.