1,942 posts in this topic

DR: I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. I really don't have a clue what kind of idiots we have working for our gov't.

DR: I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. I really don't have a clue what kind of idiots we have working for our gov't.

Thanks Frontgear and i know many of us on here are in the same boat, just wanted to let people know that i had received that info in case there are others waiting on NVC. I should have known it would be the fault of TSC and not the NVC.

event.png

event.png
event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Glad to hear you received some good news.

Just to update y'all, I called the NVC yesterday as it has been a month today since my NOA2. I was told on this call that the reason they had not yet received my file, and the reason it will likely be delayed another 2-3 weeks, is because our star service center decided to send a whole batch of approved petitions to california instead of the NVC in Portsmouth, NH!

Great... so my 4-5 weeks started the 30th, maybe! We will get there someday!

WOW! That's incredible. And incredibly bad news. I'm so sorry to hear it. It's unbelievable how incompetent our government is. (Just wait until they fully take over healthcare).

And how in the world can it take 2-3 weeks to get it from wherever it is to the NVC??? Are they shipping it on horseback?

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just popping in to say hi, hope everyone still waiting here's something really soon!

Maybe not much consolation at this stage but, post NOA2, everything moves really fast! We were approved on 12th June and our case file reached the Consulate on 9th July. Medicals are booked for next week and I've just submitted our DS160s and Notification of Readiness :)

So hand on in there everyone, you WILL get there! :)

Edited by bunnygirl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I see everyone noticing about the delay at NVC. I had posted about a week or two ago that NVC received one batch of 25,000 approved petitions in one day from TSC. This is to be expected unfortunately. Mine fell either right before this or at the beginning of it and my file was with NVC from June 5th thru June 25th. More or less it took roughly 3 weeks. I'd suggest you just give it a week until they receive it, start calling to get your case number and just follow it online. Calling NVC is not easy and when you eventually get through to someone all they tell you to do is wait.

Also, as a government employee myself, I would appreciate you guys not criticizing us as a whole. There are plenty of government employees, myself included, who work tirelessly to help people and get the inordinate amount of work that comes in, done in a timely manner. Just like in every other business in the world, there are people who are lazy. I will freely admit that the people who take their time and just drag their feet are the majority when it comes to certain civil service organizations, but I wouldn't be criticizing other government programs (like health care) which have nothing to do with the immigration process. We're all human and we all live in America too. Don't forget, whatever the government does and whatever policies are in place apply to us as well.

10/22/12 - Met online

04/19/13 - First trip to Morocco

11/22/13 - Second trip to Morocco

12/13/13 - Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

12/19/13 - Received electronic notification for NOA1

12/30/13 - Received paper copy of NOA1

01/06/14 - Alien Registration Number was changed

02/13/14 - Third trip to Morocco

04/09/14 - Mailed Certified letter to Senator 1 requesting update on case

05/19/14 - Still no response from Senator 1's office

05/19/14 - Faxed request for intervention to Senator 2

05/21/14 - Spoke with my case officer, asked me for additional info to be faxed to her.

05/22/14 - Petition approved (as per tier 2 officer on phone and mailed)

05/28/14 - Approval sent to DOS for processing (still no paper copy of NOA2)

06/05/14 - NVC received approval from USCIS

06/10/14 - NVC registers petition; received case number

06/24/14 - In transit to Morocco

06/25/14 - Case is ready for interview

07/01/14 - Called consulate, they called my fiancé and scheduled the interview and emailed packet 3

07/15/14 - First interview

07/24/14 - Fourth trip to Morocco

08/05/14 - Fiancé relocated to Australia

Pending case transfer from Casablanca to Sydney

02/12/15 - Fifth trip together -- meeting in SE Asia

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

So this is what i came across with thanks to someone who mentioned it:

USCIS Processing Time Information for the Texas Service Center
Posted: July 8, 2014

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=49230

So it says: If the field office or service center is meeting its goal for processing a form, you will find the timeframe listed in months.

For example, if the office is processing Form N-400

naturalization applications in five months or less, then the chart will say "5 months." However, if the office is experiencing a processing delay, you will find the filing date of the last case that the office completed before updating the chart.

So last filing date that the office completed: DECEMBER 17TH FILERS! Just for those still waiting on their NOA2's like me :)

Hi everyone well I finally got my RFE today and it is stating for any info to be sent to us on wedding plans or a letter from both stating we will get married within the 90 days. Of course we have discussed it but we are just getting married by the judge and later on we will do a small get together. So if any one has a sample letter they can send me on intent of marriage please send it to me. I have to also have my fiance make a similar one so he can fax it to me.jonyork, or anyone please send me asap.

The rep at my congressman's office has contacted me stating she has also called them on my behalf for them to send her the RFE.

I guess I can send them the pictures of the rings I have as also some proof. As well as the letters, and copy of my receipts of the past two trips I have taken to see him and his pics of his family. I'm adding all that just in case.

Edited by Miamorjuan1210

It can be handwritten or typed. Here's a sample from the VJ guide.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Any news???

I have some good news, got our case number from the NVC this morning!! Said they actually received it on the 10th of July.

Congrats! Nice when things actually start moving!

I received packet 3 on Saturday so have completed our DS160s and have medicals scheduled for Thursday this week.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, hang on in there, this WILL happen for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.