Tango777

December list from US Bangkok Embassy came out today

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The December just showed up today, I know because I checked it yesterday and it still had Nov. dates only. Unfortunately we don't show up on the new Dec. list (This is the .pdf list http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/scheduled-appointments.html ). No big because we just sent packet 3 in about 10 days ago, but I was hoping to get her appt. in Dec. Anyway, I have a question, does that list include all appointments that are going to get scheduled in Dec. save for a cancellation or something ? That would mean that we have to wait until Jan. at the soonest. Or could it be the case that she receives packet 4 sometime in Dec. and gets lucky with an appointment date in Dec? Thanks all, love VJ!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Thailand Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

both are possible. We were not on the June list, but got an interview date anyway. The interview schedule is dynamic, you just never know. However considering the unrest in BKK at the moment coupled with the up coming holiday season. I would plan on Jan. If you go earlier, consider yourself lucky.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The December just showed up today, I know because I checked it yesterday and it still had Nov. dates only. Unfortunately we don't show up on the new Dec. list (This is the .pdf list http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/scheduled-appointments.html ). No big because we just sent packet 3 in about 10 days ago, but I was hoping to get her appt. in Dec. Anyway, I have a question, does that list include all appointments that are going to get scheduled in Dec. save for a cancellation or something ? That would mean that we have to wait until Jan. at the soonest. Or could it be the case that she receives packet 4 sometime in Dec. and gets lucky with an appointment date in Dec? Thanks all, love VJ!

The list is always the same because the case volume remains pretty constant. Keep in mind they see about 700 cases per month. This is why they only work on immigrant based visas two days per week.

The only way she will interview in Dec is if enough people cancel. What chance of that is there?

Plan on January or February.

Slowlyman is correct here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just got email from embassy. Interview appt 1/8/14. The December slots are all filled. We sent in the package 3, one week ago.

Timeline

Just got email from embassy. Interview appt 1/8/14. The December slots are all filled. We sent in the package 3, one week ago.

When did the embassy receive your case or was it still in transit?

When did you send the packet 3…right before Thanksgiving?

Our lawyer sent in our packet 3 last week also…we had NVC number but the status showed in transit since then on the CEAC website.

Timeline

Argh you are 2 weeks ahead of us in the process…I assume that means a probable interview date in late January….this is just agonizing.

Assuming that even though we had NVC number and packet 3 in, they won't schedule until they actually have NVC paperwork in their hands? Not sure about that, our lawyer said they will accept packet 3 as soon as you get NVC number….

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Argh you are 2 weeks ahead of us in the process…I assume that means a probable interview date in late January….this is just agonizing.

Assuming that even though we had NVC number and packet 3 in, they won't schedule until they actually have NVC paperwork in their hands? Not sure about that, our lawyer said they will accept packet 3 as soon as you get NVC number….

Lawyer is wrong. BKK maintains no case files. Anything sent in prior to I V section have the case will be discarded. All cases arrive at US consulate section which is not in the same building as the I V unit. The transfer takes a few days.

Timeline

When did the embassy receive your case or was it still in transit?

When did you send the packet 3…right before Thanksgiving?

Our lawyer sent in our packet 3 last week also…we had NVC number but the status showed in transit since then on the CEAC website.

The "CEAC" website showed in transit for about 1 week, and 11/26 it showed "ready", it was at that point that we sent in package 3. It was received the next day on 11/27.

Good luck.

Timeline

They won't except the P3 until they have the actual NVC file in hand. Your attorney should have contacted the Consulate before sending the P3. If your P3 gets to the Consulate before the NVC file, most likely your P3 will be discarded.

For the money these attorneys charge, they should really be more careful about the details.

Timeline

They won't except the P3 until they have the actual NVC file in hand. Your attorney should have contacted the Consulate before sending the P3. If your P3 gets to the Consulate before the NVC file, most likely your P3 will be discarded.

For the money these attorneys charge, they should really be more careful about the details.

Really its Brian Wright in Bangkok and they do hundreds of these all the time and work with embassy all the time. Everything they have done so far has been ok.

They just took her to her medical exam yesterday.

Maybe Im misunderstanding but the main contact lady there has told me she requested the interview last week.

They say they always request the appointment as soon as they get the NVC case number.

Ill check again, but they seem to have a working relationship with embassy and know their stuff…Id be shocked if they mess it up that badly that my whole packet would be thrown out.

Timeline

Ya, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

I'm trying to figure out if you're being sarcastic or not. rofl.gif

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

I'm trying to figure out if you're being sarcastic or not. rofl.gif

Im worried no matter how he meant it.

Yesterday was another holiday in Thailand…not sure if US Embassy closes on Thai fathers day or not, I think the lawyers office did.

So many holidays….

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.