Saylin

NVC Filers - December 2013

861 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

saylin, dont you get tired of people not reading post 1 and 2, and reviewing all of the wiki's and templates that you take the time to create?

saylin, dont you get tired of people not reading post 1 and 2, and reviewing all of the wiki's and templates that you take the time to create?

Yes...

Yes...

Hi Saylin, I have a question, I really messed up leaving my wife Family Name as Maiden Name, but it was approved by USCIS, can I still change it in the process with NVC or the Embassy?

Thank you, and I wish you a Merry Christmas, Enjoy…..

Hi Saylin, I have a question, I really messed up leaving my wife Family Name as Maiden Name, but it was approved by USCIS, can I still change it in the process with NVC or the Embassy?

Thank you, and I wish you a Merry Christmas, Enjoy…..

Yes. The visa (and thus green card) will come in whatever name her passport is in.

Yes. The visa (and thus green card) will come in whatever name her passport is in.

So, the AOS and IV packets, just correct the last name and send a letter stating that?

So, the AOS and IV packets, just correct the last name and send a letter stating that?

No need to send a letter.

Principal Applicant is the beneficiary (remember to put the name as it is on the beneficiaries passport) and in this case the beneficiary is you, you name should have gone there. When you are filling that form out, it continues on, and ask who you would like to assign as choice of agent, that is where you choose the choice of agent..it could be you (but it is recommended to choose someone in the US), your Husband (the petitioner), or a lawyer if you have one.

If you chose principal applicant as the choice of agent, then only way that is right is if both are you (meaning you are the principal applicant and choice of agent), I am assuming you're the beneficiary.

Yes right I'm the beneficiary and so far everything went well since NVC sent me another email saying us to continue for the next step which is to pay for the AOS fee. Thanks!

http://www.smashwords.com/books/download/221102/1/latest/0/0/mabuhay-love.pdf (book written by my husband after seeing each other the very first time). 

Jan 10, 2013 - wedding day

USCIS Process

Feb 25, 2013 - sent out I130 Package to USCIS

Mar 07 - priority date (NBC/MSC)

Mar 11 - NOA1 hardcopy

Oct 25 - transferred case from NBC/MSC to CSC

Nov 05 - being processed at a local USCIS office (CSC)

NVC Process

Nov 20 - finally! NOA 2

Dec 21 - Case number and IIN generated

Dec 23 - Submitted/Completed DS-261 online

Dec 23 - AOS fee bill invoiced

Dec 28 - AOS shows PAID

Dec 28 - IV fee bill invoiced

Jan 12, 2014 - sent out AOS Package

Jan 18 - IV fee shows PAID

Jan 18 - DS-260 available

Jan 19 - Completed/Submitted DS-260 online

Jan 26 - IV Package sent to NVC

Feb 03 - IV package under review (wait for 30 days to complete)

Feb 06 - advance medical done (results & cd on-hand)

Feb 10 - AOS package has been reviewed and completed (by email) (25 days)

Feb 24 - IV package has been reviewed & completed  (by phone call) (22 days)  

Feb 24 - Case Completed (phone call & email)

Feb 28 - received an email about my interview appointment (P4 letter)

April 04, 2014 - Interview Schedule (by email)
April 04 - Administrative processing ( due to missing AOS documents, sent out right away)
April 07/08 - still AP
April 11 - AP changed to Ready (for interview)
April 11 - Ready changed to ISSUED (Thanks God!)

April 22 - Visa received

May 10 - My most awaited date! My flight to San Diego CA.

May 23 - applied for SSN. June 2 - received my SSN Jun 9 - got a job. July 21 - received my green card (wrong expiration date and combined first and middle name, filed for I-90-correction) Aug 08 - applied for a state ID Sep 05 - biometrics appointment  Oct 09 - received my state ID Nov 03 - post decision activity (I-90 application) Nov 07 - card/document production (need to wait for 30 days for my new green card) Nov 10 - received the new green card (2 months & 5 days)

Thank you so much to this awesome group! for all the help. God bless us all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

so i went to Irs.gov to order my tax transcript, they have only for 2012 and before only, NO 2013 info

any one knows when the 2013 gets available,

is it after i file my taxes.

when i send my i864 will W2 work for 2013 proof of income

because i made good amount in 2013 and very less in 2012.

also the poverty line question

I will have 2 people in my household, me and wife

so that $19864 limit , is it before tax or after tax i have to make .

Thanks

USCIS
04/19/13 NOA1 Priority Date
12/12/13 info pass at local office told me file was transferred on 5th DEC
12/12/13 File at NSC
12/19/13 NOA2 (244days)
NVC
01/03/14 NVC Received Case
01/28/14 NVC Assigned Case Number and IIN
02/05/14 DS-261 Available and completed
02/06/14 Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee
02/06/14 AOS bill invoice available and paid
02/08/14 AOS Mailed
03/12/14 IV bill invoice available and paid
03/12/14 Pacakge IV mailed
03/15/14 DS-260 Available and completed
03/28/14 Case Complete
Consulate
04/07/14 Medicals
05/05/14 Fingerprinting & Photo
05/06/14 Interview

so i went to Irs.gov to order my tax transcript, they have only for 2012 and before only, NO 2013 info

any one knows when the 2013 gets available,

is it after i file my taxes.

when i send my i864 will W2 work for 2013 proof of income

because i made good amount in 2013 and very less in 2012.

also the poverty line question

I will have 2 people in my household, me and wife

so that $19864 limit , is it before tax or after tax i have to make .

Thanks

You can only file 2013 taxes in 2014, so of course 2013 tax transcripts won't be available, you haven't even filed that years' taxes yet!

To show proof of CURRENT income, send in an employment letter and pay stubs. Any W2s you send are for previous years, not the current year.

I'm not sure if it's before or after taxes, but if you're that close to the poverty line, you may want to consider a joint sponsor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You can only file 2013 taxes in 2014, so of course 2013 tax transcripts won't be available, you haven't even filed that years' taxes yet!

To show proof of CURRENT income, send in an employment letter and pay stubs. Any W2s you send are for previous years, not the current year.

I'm not sure if it's before or after taxes, but if you're that close to the poverty line, you may want to consider a joint sponsor.

Thanks for reply

i did file taxes for 2012, 2011, 2010, so i will show income for 2012 and 2011.

but in 2012 and 2011 i did not make enough maybe around 10k per year

in 2013 i made around 24k before taxes. so i was thinking about using the w2 for my current work which i should get it next week after December ends.

the 2013 w2 will be enough to pass the i864 poverty line.

so on my i864

i plan to use 2013 W2 showing i made around 24k

and 2012 and 2011 income

plus i already got a letter from my management and signed saying that i plan to be with this company for a long time and

i have been a dedicated blah blah.... for last 2years.

what do u think

USCIS
04/19/13 NOA1 Priority Date
12/12/13 info pass at local office told me file was transferred on 5th DEC
12/12/13 File at NSC
12/19/13 NOA2 (244days)
NVC
01/03/14 NVC Received Case
01/28/14 NVC Assigned Case Number and IIN
02/05/14 DS-261 Available and completed
02/06/14 Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee
02/06/14 AOS bill invoice available and paid
02/08/14 AOS Mailed
03/12/14 IV bill invoice available and paid
03/12/14 Pacakge IV mailed
03/15/14 DS-260 Available and completed
03/28/14 Case Complete
Consulate
04/07/14 Medicals
05/05/14 Fingerprinting & Photo
05/06/14 Interview

Filed: Timeline

i got a checklist today i dont know if this is a checklist or a false checklist please help guys

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________
The National Visa Center received your DS-260 form. We are waiting for the traveling applicant’s
supporting civil documents to be submitted to the NVC. Your online Immigrant Visa Application will be
reviewed upon receipt of your supporting documentation.
To view which documents the applicant must submit to the NVC, please go to:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html.
______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
We received your Immigrant Visa Application; however, we have not received an Affidavit of Support
form. You must submit an Affidavit of Support form before we can complete your case.
Please go to our website immigrantvisas.state.gov for instructions on how to obtain, complete, and
submit an Affidavit of Support form.
When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.

i sent both packages last time have anyone went through this checklist before ?

Thanks for reply

i did file taxes for 2012, 2011, 2010, so i will show income for 2012 and 2011.

but in 2012 and 2011 i did not make enough maybe around 10k per year

in 2013 i made around 24k before taxes. so i was thinking about using the w2 for my current work which i should get it next week after December ends.

the 2013 w2 will be enough to pass the i864 poverty line.

so on my i864

i plan to use 2013 W2 showing i made around 24k

and 2012 and 2011 income

plus i already got a letter from my management and signed saying that i plan to be with this company for a long time and

i have been a dedicated blah blah.... for last 2years.

what do u think

Don't forget about 2010, you need that year as well for the question on the past 3 years.

Although NVC looks more at current year than past years, you're way below the poverty line in previous years, so you may be asked for a joint sponsor, so keep that in mind.

If you'll be getting your W2 soon for 2013, that'll be good. Hopefully not too long so it won't delay you too much.

i got a checklist today i dont know if this is a checklist or a false checklist please help guys

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________

The National Visa Center received your DS-260 form. We are waiting for the traveling applicant’s

supporting civil documents to be submitted to the NVC. Your online Immigrant Visa Application will be

reviewed upon receipt of your supporting documentation.

To view which documents the applicant must submit to the NVC, please go to:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html.

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

We received your Immigrant Visa Application; however, we have not received an Affidavit of Support

form. You must submit an Affidavit of Support form before we can complete your case.

Please go to our website immigrantvisas.state.gov for instructions on how to obtain, complete, and

submit an Affidavit of Support form.

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

i sent both packages last time have anyone went through this checklist before ?

Looks like a false checklist to me based on them reviewing (and accepting) your DS-260. Call up NVC to confirm!

i called and they didn't submit me to a supervisor...and someone told me that she found it on my records that i need to send the AOS package all over again ...is this true that they can see it on the system as for my receord or this is not true?

You don't need a supervisor for your question, an operator is fine. And it wouldn't make sense to have to send in the entire AOS package again. They probably just haven't gotten it scanned yet (which they only do when they start reviewing it). Just keep calling once a day to ask for any status updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.