Saylin

NVC Filers - December 2013

861 posts in this topic

Thanks for the detailed help, Saylin.

Since I am still in the USCIS stage, I stated USCIS instead of NVC mellow.png

No problem, just wanted to clear things up.

I give you a star_smile.gif though for already doing your research on the next step ;)

Filed: Timeline
Question for DS-260: What we have to mention there? Starting from College or do we have to mention about you high school and middle school information in "Number of Insttitution attended"?

Another question for Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. Law? Do we have to select "YES" or "NO". They are asking reason for "NO: so what we have to mention?

As i just submitted my IV Documents and at this stage what i have to select?

Thanks for your help

Question for DS-260: What we have to mention there? Starting from College or do we have to mention about you high school and middle school information in "Number of Insttitution attended"?
Another question for Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. Law? Do we have to select "YES" or "NO". They are asking reason for "NO: so what we have to mention?
As i just submitted my IV Documents and at this stage what i have to select?
Thanks for your help

For the question on schools, start from high school and go up.

For the vaccine question, it depends. If you have all the required vaccines, then choose yes. If you don't, select no. If you don't have them, just explain in the box that you'll be receiving them at the medical. Don't think too much into this question; saying no isn't reason for a denial or anything.

Thank you Saylin. Yes I will mention as i thought the same thing all vaccines are given usually at medical which we do before the interview.....

So yes i will mention that reason thank you.

One more thing my beneficiary just completed his job contract in October and now he is looking for job. So we did mentioned in our I-130 that we employed and working but now he is not working and looking for job, so If we mention in DS -260 under "Work/Experience" that "Not Employed" and then it was asking me for the reason so i mentioned that he is looking for job as his contract just completed in October would that would matter? I am worried Because I -130 would show that we was employed but now it would show "Not Employed" and looking for job?

For the vaccine question, it depends. If you have all the required vaccines, then choose yes. If you don't, select no. If you don't have them, just explain in the box that you'll be receiving them at the medical. Don't think too much into this question; saying no isn't reason for a denial or anything.

Thank you Saylin. Yes I will mention as i thought the same thing all vaccines are given usually at medical which we do before the interview.....

So yes i will mention that reason thank you.

One more thing my beneficiary just completed his job contract in October and now he is looking for job. So we did mentioned in our I-130 that we employed and working but now he is not working and looking for job, so If we mention in DS -260 under "Work/Experience" that "Not Employed" and then it was asking me for the reason so i mentioned that he is looking for job as his contract just completed in October would that would matter? I am worried Because I -130 would show that we was employed but now it would show "Not Employed" and looking for job?

Some people already have all the required vaccines. I did. But for those that don't, then yes, you'd put no and just state you'll be getting them at the medical.

If he's not employed, then what you're planning on doing is correct. The I-130 is a past form, so it's fine. They understand people lose/quit their jobs or it's just contract work. As long as you answer forms honestly and correctly at the time of filing each form, then you've got nothing to worry about.

hey guys i am getting an ERROR message on CEAC.GOV whenever i try to log in here it is

what it means?

Application Error
An unexpected error has occurred while processing your previous request. The error has been reported to the site administrator; no further action is required.

Are you using IE? If you're not, switch to that browser.

I am getting the same error once login

hey guys i am getting an ERROR message on CEAC.GOV whenever i try to log in here it is

what it means?

Application Error
An unexpected error has occurred while processing your previous request. The error has been reported to the site administrator; no further action is required.

Some people already have all the required vaccines. I did. But for those that don't, then yes, you'd put no and just state you'll be getting them at the medical.

If he's not employed, then what you're planning on doing is correct. The I-130 is a past form, so it's fine. They understand people lose/quit their jobs or it's just contract work. As long as you answer forms honestly and correctly at the time of filing each form, then you've got nothing to worry about.

Are you using IE? If you're not, switch to that browser.

And yes i will update those things. Thank you for quick response. :)

I was using google chrome but it was showing me the application error but now it is working

Hi Saylin, after reading your post I realized that I didn't put high school info on my ds-260 form, errrr.. where do I go from here? Bring a corrected form to the consulate at interview?

Thanks so much for your help!

Saylin,

For Signing DS -260 form they are asking for passport number: So this is passport number of petitioner or beneficiary?

Well, the DS-260 is to be filled by the beneficiary, so it's the beneficiary's information.

Hi Saylin, after reading your post I realized that I didn't put high school info on my ds-260 form, errrr.. where do I go from here? Bring a corrected form to the consulate at interview?

Thanks so much for your help!

Not a big deal. Just mention it at the interview and if they deem it important, they'll fix it.

Not a big deal. Just mention it at the interview and if they deem it important, they'll fix it.

Hewwwww... Really appreciate your prompt reply!!!! I was really worried for a moment. Dealing with NVC/consulate is much harder than dealing with my boss. Any tiny hiccup delays the case by a couple weeks.

Feeling so relieved now. Thanks again!

Strange, when i am giving all information then when i click on Sign and submit nothing happens ... :(

Well, the DS-260 is to be filled by the beneficiary, so it's the beneficiary's information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I've just called the NVC about My case,.....the agent told me that ''they processed my case and he gave me the case number and the invoice ID but he told me, ''don't do anything until you get an Email for the instructions''..... it can take 10 to 20 business days or sooner .

What should i do.?

thx.

Hi everybody,

I've just called the NVC about My case,.....the agent told me that ''they processed my case and he gave me the case number and the invoice ID but he told me, ''don't do anything until you get an Email for the instructions''..... it can take 10 to 20 business days or sooner .

What should i do.?

thx.

I got my NVC case number and Invoice ID on the 19th of December and I was able to complete the DS261 form online today. I did not receive any email instructions within that time. It seems to me that if you wait for the NVC to tell you anything then you will be waiting a looooooooooooong time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.