rbrck

7 mos pregnant but the interview was on feb 2014, could b my case could b expedite?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

there is no expedite for pregnancy. it is not a medical emergency and does not fit the criteria for expedite. Not to mention the fact that no airline is goin to allow you to fly so far along in the pregnancy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Your Child, the child of a US Citizen is a US Citizen and will NOT have to have a petition, as someone said above. But you will have to Report the Birth of a US Citizen with the Consulate office. We completed this for our Daughter and comparing THAT experience with the I130 Petition- NO COMPARISON- it is rather straight forward and quick. Also as someone stated this WILL effect the affidavit of support and raise the income requirements. Based on the size of the family.

THe WHOLE IMMIGRATION thing is so long and drawn out --- My feelings go out to each and everyone faced with this issue. Keep the faith.

MY JOURNEY

2009-03-03 - Married in San Pedro Sula, Cortez, Honduras

2011-07-11 - Our second Daughter is Born in La Ceiba, Atlántida, Honduras

2013-04-15 Consular Report of Birth Abroad Completed- she is USA Citizen

We are a family of four-

TWO I130 CASES - running concurrently One for my wife and Second for my stepdaughter

USCIS
2013-08-20 - NOA1 - Priority Date established
2014-02-27 - NOA2 - after transfer to California Service Center in January

7 MONTHS and 23 DAYS at USCIS

NVC

2014-04-11 - NVC case Number & IIN Assigned

2014-04-15 - DS-261 online done and accepted

2014-04-29 - DS-260 completed online and approved on 5/14/2014

AOS

2014-04-16 - I-864 INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-04-21 - I-864 Package sent via FedEx

2014-04-22 - I-864 Package at NVC Signed for by B Standish 9:21 am FedEx

2014-05-14- I-864 package on case approved

IV

2014-04-24 - IV INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-05-02 - IV packets sent via FedEx scanned on 05/05/2014 approved on 5/29/2014 - 24 days

2014-05-29 - Case ONE OF TWO completed, 48 days

2014-06-20- CASES(s) complete Case TWO took 71 days (checklist)

Consulate

2014-08-13- POE --FT Lauderdale, FLA for my wife

221(g) additional follow up required with Consulate

2015-06-19- POE FT Lauderdale, FLA fro my Stepdaughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.