LouisB

CFO Seminar in Manila (November 27, 2013) What's the next step?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys this is my second time posting, thanks in advance for helping out...

Today is a blessing day for my wife and I. On November 27, 2013, my wife went to Manila to attend her CFO seminar. She got approve and gave her visa back with passport CFO sticker. After I heard my wife got her visa back with CFO sticker. I was so HAPPY biggrin.png and bless innocent.gif . I went to my laptop ASAP to set a date for Booking her ticket. But I start reading about this USCIS ELIS FEE. I been hearing and reading this USCIS Elis fee is for fiance visa. Is this True?

My question is:

1. What's the NEXT step?

2. What is USCIS FEE? Is this for Fiance / Spouse VISA? We both applied for Spouse visa. I-130

3 How will I pay this FEE?

4. Will USCIS send a letter through my house with Invoice number?

5. As being a PETITIONER can I pay for her USCIS ELIS FEE (GREEN CARD)?

6. or Does my wife need to Create a Dollar Bank Account in the Phillipines and pay for Green card Fee?

7. Can I pay the fee through my Debit Card? or Check if it possible?

Thank you

God Bless ALL

dancin5hr.gif Happy Thanksgiving Gobble Gobble Gobbledancin5hr.gif

ich_liebe_dich_103.jpg
March 29,2013-------Notice of Action "1st"
November 14,2013-------Notice of Action ( Notice of transferred NSC )
December 20,2013-------Notice of Action "Approval"
December 26,2013-------Case was Shipped to National Visa Center
January 13,2014 -------Case received at NVC
February 12, 2014-------NVC Assigned Case Number

February 25,2014------- Paid AOS & IV bill

February 27,2014------ -AOS & IV documents was submitted to NVC ( Completed DS-260 )

March 4, 2014 --------- NVC received AOS & IV documents

March 10 & 11,2014 -----( Done Advanced Medical at SLEC ) = Passed

March 21,2014---------- Case Completed

April 04,2014---------Received Interview Date ( P4)

May 5,2014-------- -Interview ( APPROVED )

event.png
event.png
event.png

Hey guys this is my second time posting, thanks in advance for helping out...

Today is a blessing day for my wife and I. On November 27, 2013, my wife went to Manila to attend her CFO seminar. She got approve and gave her visa back with passport CFO sticker. After I heard my wife got her visa back with CFO sticker. I was so HAPPY biggrin.png and bless innocent.gif . I went to my laptop ASAP to set a date for Booking her ticket. But I start reading about this USCIS ELIS FEE. I been hearing and reading this USCIS Elis fee is for fiance visa. Is this True?

My question is:

1. What's the NEXT step?

2. What is USCIS FEE? Is this for Fiance / Spouse VISA? We both applied for Spouse visa. I-130

3 How will I pay this FEE?

4. Will USCIS send a letter through my house with Invoice number?

5. As being a PETITIONER can I pay for her USCIS ELIS FEE (GREEN CARD)?

6. or Does my wife need to Create a Dollar Bank Account in the Phillipines and pay for Green card Fee?

7. Can I pay the fee through my Debit Card? or Check if it possible?

Thank you

God Bless ALL

dancin5hr.gif Happy Thanksgiving Gobble Gobble Gobbledancin5hr.gif

USCIS Implementing New Immigrant Fee Today

Starting today, Feb. 1, 2013, foreign nationals seeking permanent residence in the United States will need to pay a new $165 USCIS Immigrant Fee. This new fee is in addition to fees charged by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) associated with an individual’s immigrant visa application.

Applicants will pay the new fee online at www.uscis.gov/immigrantfee after they receive their visa package from DOS and before they depart for the United States. When applicants attend their consular interview, DOS will provide specific information on how to submit payment.

ich_liebe_dich_103.jpg

February 27,2014------ -AOS & IV documents was submitted to NVC ( Completed DS-260 )

event.png
event.png
event.png

USCIS Implementing New Immigrant Fee Today

Starting today, Feb. 1, 2013, foreign nationals seeking permanent residence in the United States will need to pay a new $165 USCIS Immigrant Fee. This new fee is in addition to fees charged by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) associated with an individual’s immigrant visa application.

Applicants will pay the new fee online at www.uscis.gov/immigrantfee after they receive their visa package from DOS and before they depart for the United States. When applicants attend their consular interview, DOS will provide specific information on how to submit payment.

Hi rinoa.

Can I pay the USCIS Elis fee? or My wife need to pay the fee??

Edited by LouisB

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi rinoa.

You can pay the fee. Most of the times, it is the petitioners who pay the $165.

Hi rinoa.

Use the following guidance when paying filing, biometrics, or other fees to USCIS:

• Bank drafts, cashier's checks, certified checks, personal checks (See Check Instructions below), and money orders must be drawn on U.S. financial institutions and payable in U.S. funds.
  • If you live in the United States or its territories, make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (not "USDHS" or "DHS").
  • If you live outside the United States or its territories, and are filing your application or petition where you live, contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate for instructions on the method of payment.

Credit Cards

USCIS accepts credit cards in all domestic Field Offices that accept payments. Accepted cards include Visa®, Mastercard®, American Express®, and Discover® Network.

USCIS Check Instructions

Customers that require payment for the services they are requesting are advised to follow the instructions below to ensure that their application will be filed correctly.

( I think when you or your wife received the visa packet from U.S consulate. they have enclose an instruction on how to pay that immigrant visa fee. its either you, or your wife could paid the said immigrant fee. as long as either of you has an information needed. like case number. etc. just please follow the USCIS instruction above on how to pay that fee. or look for that document that the us consulate visa packet that you or your wife received. i'm sure they have instruction on there on what need to do smile.png )

Edited by rinoa

ich_liebe_dich_103.jpg

event.png
event.png
event.png

You can pay the fee. Most of the times, it is the petitioners who pay the $165.

Thank you so much for the reply. One last thing, im trying to pay the USCIS Elis Fee right now and it ask me DOS Case ID?? Where can she find this DOS Case ID? I know the A-number is start A0 then her Visa number.

Please help

Thank you again

Thank you so much for the reply. One last thing, im trying to pay the USCIS Elis Fee right now and it ask me DOS Case ID?? Where can she find this DOS Case ID? I know the A-number is start A0 then her Visa number.

Please help

Thank you again

• DOS Case ID (3 letters with 9 or 10 numbers). that is the case Number that is from NVC. its should start with Letters MNL if from US consulate manila.
Edited by rinoa

ich_liebe_dich_103.jpg

event.png
event.png
event.png

This fee is it for K1/K2's or just CR1 or both?

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Will that be necessary for children who will become citizen instantly at the POE?

My minor children will be under the

"The Child Citizenship Act of 2000 allows certain foreign-born, biological and adopted children of American citizens to acquire American citizenship automatically. These children did not acquire American citizenship at birth, but they are granted citizenship when they enter the United States as lawful permanent residents (LPRs)."

Approved 6 Months and 4 Days after NOA1. 1 Month and 3 weeks and 4 days since case was transferred to NSC.

July 12, 2013 - NOA1

November 21, 2013 - case transferred to NSC

January 16, 2014 - NOA2

January 16, 2014 - Shipped to NVC

January 28, 2014 - NVC Received

March 10, 2014 - Case Number and IIN assigned; Provided beneficiary's email address.

March 11, 2014 - DS-261 Available and submitted to NVC

March 11, 2014 - AOS Fee invoice available & paid

March 13, 2014 - AOS package sent to NVC

March 14, 2014 - AOS Bill Payment "PAID"

March 17, 2014 - AOS package Delivered to NVC

March 20, 2014 - IV invoice icon changed from locked folder to yellow exclamation. Only for my daughters' case, my son's case icon still locked folder.

March 21, 2014 - Daughters' IV invoiced and Paid

March 25, 2014 - Son's IV invoice icon changed from locked folder to yellow exclamation.

March 27, 2014 - Son's IV invoiced and Paid

March 27, 2014 - IV package sent to NVC

March 28, 2014 - IV package Delivered to NVC

March 31, 2014 - Completed DS-260

April 3, 2014 - Received AOS Checklist (Daughter's Name)

April 4, 2014 - Sent response to AOS checklist

April 7, 2014 - NVC recieved AOS checklist

April 14, 2014 - Son's Case Completed (now waiting for Daughter's case)

April 23, 2014 - Daughter's Case Completed

April 29, 2014 - Interview Date Scheduled

June 09 2014 - Interview Date

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Will that be necessary for children who will become citizen instantly at the POE?

My minor children will be under the

"The Child Citizenship Act of 2000 allows certain foreign-born, biological and adopted children of American citizens to acquire American citizenship automatically. These children did not acquire American citizenship at birth, but they are granted citizenship when they enter the United States as lawful permanent residents (LPRs)."

Yes, you still need to pay the $165 for them.

This fee is it for K1/K2's or just CR1 or both?

Thanks

K1 and K2 are NOT required to pay the $165 because they are non-immigrant visas.

The $165 is for immigrant visa holders only.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.