RFE I751, unique condition. please help

44 posts in this topic

Hello all

The letter as is:

EVIDENCE OF GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE

The conditional permanent resident (CPR) filed a form i-751 with our office. The CPR provided some evidence of marital bona fides. However, the documentation submitted in insufficient. To establish eligibility for removal of conditional status, it is requested that additional documentation be submitted. Documentation should reflect the names of both the conditional permanent resident and the US citizen spouse. In addition, the documentation should cover the period of time from the date of marriage to the present date, or the date when the marriage was terminated through divorce, separation, or death. Such examples may include, but are not limited to the following:

My application was sent to Vermont but they transferred to California. I don't know if this makes any difference but I thought I'd let you know

With the application to remove conditions, I sent:

Original water bill under the name of my wife; and original credit card document under my name supporting joint occupancy of communal residence

Insurance document from American Express under my name showing my wife as the beneficiary

Copy of joint tax return for the year 2012

Auto insurance with both names under the policy

8 pages of copies of greeting cards from various times and events from family members of my wife, my wife herself and myself showing strong bond between everyone in the family

12 photos from different trips and events.

I received RFE for 751 and was very much surprised. The RFFE is asking for EVIDENCE OF GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE. We have been in relationship since 2006, got married in April 2011 and got my conditional GC in September 2011. Currently she is a full time student and I am looking for a job. We had an apartment together after we got married in 2011 and left the apartment and moved in with my wife’s sister’s house in February 2012. It is three of us living together and all the utilities, cable, electricity is under my wife’s sisters name. The only thing that is under our name is the water bill; which is under my wife’s name.

That is the summary of our living arrangement. My wife has always been in family cell phone plan with her parents and still is. So, we have separate cell phone plans and bills. She drives a car that was bought and gifted to her by her parents so the title and insurance is under her father’s name. However, I have included my wife to my auto insurance policy. We had a joint bank account at one time and had separate individual accounts as well. We cancelled the joint account and opted to have our individual accounts as cancelling individual accounts would affect our credit history significantly as we have had our individual accounts for quite some length of time.

For the RFE, I plan on sending:

Document from storage unit that shows my wife as the emergency contact person and me as the primary person.

Airline ticket reservations from a recent trip together and also photos.

Photos of my wife and my parents from a very recent trip for a major festival.

Copy of driver’s license showing same residential address.

Please help me regarding my unique situation. I never hired help from a lawyer and I am on this all by myself with help from fellow good people like you on this forum.

Thanks

Edited by 751

Do you guys have any credit cards where you or she is an authorized User on? If not, then please do it and send copies of the cards. Adding somebody as an authorized user doesn't affect your or her credit.

What about affidavits from friends or family?

11/03/2011 ~ We got married heart.gif in Toender, Denmarkheart.gif

02/09/2012 ~ Arrived in the US ~ Port of entry Dallas Forth Worth, TX

03/02/2012 ~ Received Welcome Letter

03/14/2012 ~ Received Green Card in the Mail

11/18/2013 ~ Mailed I-751 Removal of conditions

11/22/2013 ~ Check cashed

11/25/2013 ~ NOA 1 receipt date 11/20/2013

12/02/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment 12/26/2013

12/26/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment done

09/12/2014~ Approved - Card in Productioin

09/15/2014~ Letter of approval received

09/20/2014~ Card received....yipiiiiieeeee

qap2exyw.png

event.png

event.png

We do not have credit cards on the same account. I have several cards and I have given one of my credit cards to my wife to use if she needs to. Like said earlier, we maintain our separate bank accounts and cards. Very seldom she uses my credit card given to her. She has had that card of mine for nearly two years. I know it sounds dumb but I should have taken a separate card on that account with her name.

While applying for GC initially, we were not asked for RFE and the whole process went smoothly. We had anticipated the same this time while removing the conditions on the GC. We have known each other since 2006 and being a regular couple we never saw things from the perspective of accumulating "proofs" for our GC when we did things together like taking trips, paying for stuff etc.

I can certainly put her name on my credit card account and send that as evidence for RFE.

I can also get affidavits from her parents, friends and family members. Can those affidavits be computer typed and signed or do they need to be in original handwriting? Also, do those affidavits require notary stamp or mere signatures and other relative information would suffice?

Thanks

You're missing finance things: where's the 2011 tax return transcript (you were married then), bank statements - send from individual accounts as you probably have the same mailing address on them (do you transfer money to each other - highlight those on the bank statements).

No wills, medical proxy paperwork or power of attorney?

No pets you take to the vet?

Where's the lease from 2011 - did you include that?

My husband and I have a joint account - made it joint by asking bank to do so from his account that had a long-standing history. Never had a problem and I also have a separate account. Showed proof by bank statements from both accounts and highlighting my transfers to the joint.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You're missing finance things: where's the 2011 tax return transcript (you were married then), bank statements - send from individual accounts as you probably have the same mailing address on them (do you transfer money to each other - highlight those on the bank statements).

My husband and I have a joint account - made it joint by asking bank to do so from his account that had a long-standing history. Never had a problem and I also have a separate account. Showed proof by bank statements from both accounts and highlighting my transfers to the joint.

These 3 important ones USCIS is looking for:

1. Joint residence - like a joint lease or mortgage or letter indicating that you live with parents/ in-laws.....

2. Joint bank account - at least one per quarter covering the full period or at least from the time one of opened - full statements please.

3. Joint 2011 tax transcript or full tax return including w-2s.

Edited by Navyk

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

You're missing finance things: where's the 2011 tax return transcript (you were married then), Yes I should have sent the transcript for 2011. I did not send it as I thought that they still had the paperwork from my initial filing for GC. I did not include any evidence, proof that was included in the initial filing for GC. Should I have? Should I also include the copy of returns from 2012 again?

I suppose bank statements - send from individual accounts as you probably have the same mailing address on them We do have same address on our separate individual accounts. Would just a statement suffice or statement with transaction is needed?

No she is a full time student and I am also in the process of career change so we do not have any asset, loans together and also no wills or any other of those documents.

No, we dont have pets or kids.

I did not include the lease for i751 but was included in the initial filing for GC. I was thinking that they would still have all those evidence from my initial filing so I was basically supplementing and adding only new evidence for i751. I will include that too for RFE.

We opened and maintained a joint account for some time but then it started becoming hassle with two of our individual accounts. So, on mutual agreement we decided to close the joint account and keep our individual accounts. At this point, a new joint account would not help, would it? I can send the paperwork from our joint account that we closed. Should I do that and explain in a separate sheet of paper about my circumstances?

1. Joint residence - like a joint lease or mortgage or letter indicating that you live with parents/ in-laws.....

I, my wife and her sister live together in house which my wife's sister owns. How could I prove to the satisfaction of USCIS that we have been living here for almost 2 years now? Any ideas? Can my wife's sister write a letter stating our joint tenancy? Should that letter be notarized? Should proof of home ownership be included with the letter?

2. Joint bank account - at least one per quarter covering the full period or at least from the time one of opened - full statements please.

Don't have a joint bank account. We did at one point and I am thinking of sending those papers with explanation on separate sheet about our circumstances.

Will certainly include 2011 tax transcript and W2s. Should I also resend 2012 tax documents that I sent earlier with the petition?

Timeline

I, my wife and her sister live together in house which my wife's sister owns. How could I prove to the satisfaction of USCIS that we have been living here for almost 2 years now? Any ideas? Can my wife's sister write a letter stating our joint tenancy? Should that letter be notarized? Should proof of home ownership be included with the letter?

Don't have a joint bank account. We did at one point and I am thinking of sending those papers with explanation on separate sheet about our circumstances.

Will certainly include 2011 tax transcript and W2s. Should I also resend 2012 tax documents that I sent earlier with the petition?

1. Get a letter from your sister-in-law that you are living with her during the entire period. No need to get it notarized.

2. Yes, explain the same in details in your covering letter.

3. Yes, enclosing both 2011 & 2012 will be fine.

USA

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11

08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11

• 1 month later...

Hello all

I am sad, upset, and angry at the fact that the California center did not approve my removal of conditions. I got a letter today saying that we will have to appear an interview at local field office.

When going for the interview do I take all of the documents that i sent for RFE, i751 as well as initial documents submitted 2 years ago? That would be quite a few documents to take. Please advise what documents to take as we have submitted everything we had and there is nothing new that we can come up with.

For RFE we sent:

Cover letter explaining in detail our situation and reasons for not having the evidences

Affidavits from my mother in law and sister in law

copy of joint credit card that we have

copy of drivers license showing the same address

copy of apartment lease from 2011 and 2012; before we moved in with my sister in law

copy of joint bank account that we had at one time

copy of joint tax return for 2011 (2012 was submitted with initial 751)

copy of my auto insurance that includes my wife's name as excluded driver

copy of storage documents that we had for a year and half that shows my wife as authorized person for the storage unit

copy of airline ticket, photos from a recent vacation we took in october when my wife met my parents for the first time in another state (my parents live in a different country)

what more do they want??? I am so upset and angry. By the way, i mailed RFE on December 15 and got the letter today.

Please suggest. Thank you.

Timeline

Hello all

I am sad, upset, and angry at the fact that the California center did not approve my removal of conditions. I got a letter today saying that we will have to appear an interview at local field office.

When going for the interview do I take all of the documents that i sent for RFE, i751 as well as initial documents submitted 2 years ago? That would be quite a few documents to take. Please advise what documents to take as we have submitted everything we had and there is nothing new that we can come up with.

For RFE we sent:

Cover letter explaining in detail our situation and reasons for not having the evidences

Affidavits from my mother in law and sister in law

copy of joint credit card that we have

copy of drivers license showing the same address

copy of apartment lease from 2011 and 2012; before we moved in with my sister in law

copy of joint bank account that we had at one time

copy of joint tax return for 2011 (2012 was submitted with initial 751)

copy of my auto insurance that includes my wife's name as excluded driver

copy of storage documents that we had for a year and half that shows my wife as authorized person for the storage unit

copy of airline ticket, photos from a recent vacation we took in october when my wife met my parents for the first time in another state (my parents live in a different country)

what more do they want??? I am so upset and angry. By the way, i mailed RFE on December 15 and got the letter today.

Please suggest. Thank you.

First and foremost let me tell you that a few cases get picked randomly for interview and hence there is no reason to panic or get upset.

Take all the stuff asked specifically in your interview letter plus copies of all the past evidence sent both initially and at the time of RFE. You can provide any in case they misplaced or lost or needed at interview. If ther is no new evidence to take, it is alright but look for anything new that may help - like recent trip details or photos together........

All the best with your interview.

USA

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. It has been two weeks and I have not received any letter for the interview date. I am wondering what is taking so long. I first applied in June/July for the removal of conditions so it has been over 6 months. Does it take this long in general?

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys

Just wanted to update; I have not heard anything significant from the field office that is supposed to call me for the interview. I called the national customer service number and they told me to contact the field office. I sent a request from Infopass about any updates and processing and they replied through mail that they are actively processing the case.

I was notified that I would have to appear for the interview on January 2, 2014 and have been waiting for the field office to call me for an interview ever since.

I applied in July 2013 to remove my conditions.

contact your congressman

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

im confused, how did you know that your interview was for January 2nd 2014, did you receive a notice in the mail?

• 4 weeks later...

im confused, how did you know that your interview was for January 2nd 2014, did you receive a notice in the mail?

They told me on January 2nd that I will have to appear for an interview for a LATER date but as of today they have not sent me an interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.