OnceaTexan

October filer - notice of case being transferred to local office. Huh?

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

Any October filers receiving notice that their CRI89 was transferred to a local office? Just got an update of this action this morning through a mobile app (regret installing it now since it made me more anxious at 9am).

From what I read so far this action either means an interview within 90 days, or either means they sent it from Vermont to CSC, or even that the application is still in Vermont.

Wondering if any of you got or will get similar letters in the next days as that would be a sign VSC is backed up. There's a thread for the month of June that confirms lots of people received such notices.

So far I think the process went quite smoothly which obviously worries me. We also moved from Dallas to NY a month and a half before filing, so that may be enough to be called for an interview I guess. Ok, enough with building stressful scenarios in my head. Thank you.

Oct 9 - Mailed I-751 to VSC

Oct 18 - NOA 1 - GC one year extension

Oct 22 - biometrics appointment received for Nov 15 appointment

Nov 6 - walk in Biometrics in Manhattan successful (though I wrote about that experience somewhere else on this site).

Nov 18 - Notice (looking in my USCIS case status on line): file transferred to local office

On November 18, 2013, we transferred this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from yo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

Any October filers receiving notice that their CRI89 was transferred to a local office? Just got an update of this action this morning through a mobile app (regret installing it now since it made me more anxious at 9am).

From what I read so far this action either means an interview within 90 days, or either means they sent it from Vermont to CSC, or even that the application is still in Vermont.

Wondering if any of you got or will get similar letters in the next days as that would be a sign VSC is backed up. There's a thread for the month of June that confirms lots of people received such notices.

So far I think the process went quite smoothly which obviously worries me. We also moved from Dallas to NY a month and a half before filing, so that may be enough to be called for an interview I guess. Ok, enough with building stressful scenarios in my head. Thank you.

Nov 6 - walk in Biometrics in Manhattan successful (though I wrote about that experience somewhere else on this site).

Nov 18 - Notice (looking in my USCIS case status on line): file transferred to local office

On November 18, 2013, we transferred this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from yo

It simply means that your application is being transferred to a LO under the supervision of CSC as VSC is overwhelmed with lot of work. It started with May applications and almost all the applications are being routed to CSC/ LO. It will start it's normal process like all other application.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

It simply means that your application is being transferred to a LO under the supervision of CSC as VSC is overwhelmed with lot of work. It started with May applications and almost all the applications are being routed to CSC/ LO. It will start it's normal process like all other application.

Thanks. Coincidence or not, the time between fingerprinting and this latest notice is 12 days, which is about the same as the time frame between your own fingerprinting and notice of case transfer. Well I just hope they don't lose all 5lb 6oz of paperwork i sent them.

Hello,

UPDATE: I called the 1 (800) 375 - 5283 and upon entering the case status the system said the case has been forwarded to St. Albans VT where we submitted in the first place. I guess will be waiting for the official NOA in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

UPDATE: I called the 1 (800) 375 - 5283 and upon entering the case status the system said the case has been forwarded to St. Albans VT where we submitted in the first place. I guess will be waiting for the official NOA in the mail.

Don't worry, your papers would be fine.

The online status will change to something like "The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office." You will also get a letter (NOA2) stating the same and it may have the CSC address (almost all of the transferred cases had it).

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the transfer letter a few days ago and it went to CSC. When I opened the letter, I just looked at it and "Oh" and filed it away with the rest of my paperwork. Never thought about it again until I saw a thread dedicated to it. You've already got the one year extension letter, so just kick back and let it ride. ;)

IR-1/CR-1 VISA

02-01-2011 : I-130 Sent
02-08-2011 : I-130 NOA1
05-25-2011 : I-130 NOA2
06-09-2011 : NVC Recieved
06-13-2011 : Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill
06-14-2011 : Pay I-864 Bill
06-14-2011 : Return Completed DS-3032
06-16-2011 : Receive I-864 Package
06-17-2011 : Receive IV Bill
06-20-2011 : Pay IV Bill
09-01-2011 : Case Completed at NVC
09-01-2011 : NVC Left
09-06-2011 : Consulate Received
09-27-2011 : Packet 4 Received
10-21-2011 : Interview Date
10-21-2011 : Approved
10-25-2011 : Visa Recieved
11-29-2011 : POE Chicago/O'hare

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

Lifting Conditions:

10-02-2013 : Filed I-751 Vermont Service Center

10-07-2013 : I-797 NOA1

10-19-2013 : Biometrics Date Received

11-04-2013 : Biometrics Complete

04-09-2014: IR-1 Approved

I got the transfer letter a few days ago and it went to CSC. When I opened the letter, I just looked at it and "Oh" and filed it away with the rest of my paperwork. Never thought about it again until I saw a thread dedicated to it. You've already got the one year extension letter, so just kick back and let it ride. wink.png

Good to know I'm not the only one. Got the letter in the mail the other day myself saying it was transferred to CSC. Someone on this thread also mentioned there should be another letter coming from CSC itself. I am so curious what do they do with our files in that small corner of Vermont...like how does the process goes from the day they receive it. Is it as joyful as the Ben & Jerry Factory down the road?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.