Coffman87

Expedite request?

58 posts in this topic

12 months yes and the benefit system is based on your salary and iv been staying at home with my firstborn, single parents can get help but in not a single mother and am married and have joined custody, so that's the catch. Nothing that says that both can't live abroad, a few years back those cases got expedited automatically.

so your saying, the law states you are not allowed to work if your child is under 1 year? Or you can work, you just choose not to?

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Not to say anything bad but you filed in August? and have heard nothing? We filed in March and up until 2 weeks ago...we hadnt even got NOA2 yet...I got the congressman involved and he requested an expedite for us...my husand is in the occupied west bank....now it is approved but this was 8 months waiting...everyone knows this process takes so much time and we all wait. Again, Im not trying to be rude, but there are people on VJ that have waited much longer than 3 months for approval.

I know the process and I know it takes time, which is why we filed it to be expedited.

I know pregnancy is not a reason to expedite.. Pls read before replying. And I know everything takes time which is why I filed for it to be expedited. That's what the expedite service is for and it's for financial loss and nothing else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The basis of her expedite is financial, not pregnancy. There are a lot of questions that come to mind especially somewhere like Sweden.

Presumably they have explained why her Husband can not stay longer, they submitted application for an extension in an appropriate time, that it can not be expedited.

That she has nowhere to go except the streets, no friends family, social housing etc.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

eb0dfafc.gifno0pb.gif

Edited by LoveMyTico

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Timeline

http://yourlivingcity.com/work-money/maternity-paternity-leave-sweden/

Seems like the OP might not be in such a position, 420 days and then you do get something even if you have not been working.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

http://yourlivingcity.com/work-money/maternity-paternity-leave-sweden/

Seems like the OP might not be in such a position, 420 days and then you do get something even if you have not been working.

I didn't think there was a law that stated you CAN'T work, you are able tot take 420 days and still have money coming in. I'm sure there is some kind of help for housing if it ever came down to it. Even if the expedite was approved, it would still take 2 months at ehe NVC and however long to wait for the interview at the embassy.

Does anyone know how fast the interviews get scheduled for Sweden?

Expedites don't carry over. NVC is a different animal.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Yes the basic pay won't even cover half our rent. If there was another way I would not request an expedite.. All of this is submitted as out supporting documents.. Sweden is a great country and I'm in no rush to get out of here, of course I want to be with my husband when he has to leave, but what's another few months? And me and the kids could travel to visit. But financially we can't get it to work, no matter how much we twist and turn it all.. My husband is in construction and doesn't make that much in the states.. And living expenses in Sweden are 30-40% higher than in Washington state.. All I wanted to know was how the expedite process works after it's been submitted. However it's a legit reason or not is up to the uscis, but since both the uscis ombudsman and the senator thinks so, I think I believe I have a case.

There is no daycare in Sweden until the child is 12 months old. I can obviously not afford a private nanny. I wouldn't file an expedite request if I didn't have a case or a legit reason, this is pointless and not why I posted here.

Yes the basic pay won't even cover half our rent. If there was another way I would not request an expedite.. All of this is submitted as out supporting documents.. Sweden is a great country and I'm in no rush to get out of here, of course I want to be with my husband when he has to leave, but what's another few months? And me and the kids could travel to visit. But financially we can't get it to work, no matter how much we twist and turn it all.. My husband is in construction and doesn't make that much in the states.. And living expenses in Sweden are 30-40% higher than in Washington state.. All I wanted to know was how the expedite process works after it's been submitted. However it's a legit reason or not is up to the uscis, but since both the uscis ombudsman and the senator thinks so, I think I believe I have a case.

you can work PT while waiting to be approved.... right?

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Sweden is not exactly a hardship country..asking for an expedite for convenience placed against the benefits of living in Sweden will not likely succeed....how bad can life be in Sweden, compared to, say, Nigeria? Big difference, would be my guess.

What is the downside to staying in Sweden for a few extra months...?

Timeline

Up to now I had not heard of a direct response to an expedite request, it just seemed that the only way you knew is if it happened.

Edited by Boiler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

OP, I never received an email or a letter confirming or rejecting my expedite request. A tier 2 rep. informed me of the expedite approval over the phone and it took 2 months from the expedite request to the approval. I am now on the NVC stage. I hope you are approved soon. Good luck !

Edited by lonelywithouthim1

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

It is financial loss, extreme financial loss.. I just think we should have heard something by now. It's a catch 52, our son is due in December, and we are living in Sweden and in Sweden one of The parents has to stay at home with the child for the first 12 months and we already have a one year old since before, so I can't work to support us and my husbands visa here expires in February and can't support us staying here and he can't afford to pay for two lifestyle on his American salary.. So me and the kids risks getting homeless if we don't expedited and can move with him.. Due to the crises in Syria the backlog at Swedish immigration is so long that staying here is not an option for him..

Our situation was exactly the same as yours. We asked the USCIS expedite ans ask help of Congressman on September 17, 2013 exactly one month October 16th 2013 we got approved. Then We sent an request of Expedite NVC. NVC received our case on November 2, 2013 and November 8, 2013 our case was already at the embassy. Tomorrow, November 19th, my two years old son has an interview in Vilnius (Lithuania).

P.S We have sent an I-130 case to USCIS May 10, 2013

Edited by marixa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.