sara.....

Evidence of a bonafide marriage

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Evidence of a bonafide marriage...........he works on oil rigs one to two months at a time....then gets a few days off....we have decided that i will travel back and fourth from his country to USA while waiting for visa........my question is how do you show most of what they ask for if your not really living together because of his job?

totally confused about the complete thing :(

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Pictures of the both of you when you are together, with family, friends etc. How do you communicate with him when he is on the oil rig? Texts? Emails? Calls?... Include example printouts of all over the course of your relationship.

Boarding pass stubs from when you go to visit him and passport stamps.

The fact that he is on an oil rig shouldnt be a problem. Most of us on here arent living with our spouses either.

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Timeline

i got confused with the proof of combined owner ship........joint rent or lease......and now that they are asking for proof when you first file ........seems almost an impossible challenge i will file the minute i return to the states.

our date of marriage is Jan 17th 2014 so we are trying to figure out the paper work now as we wont have many days to spend as husband and wife before he has to go back to work.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Dont worry too much about showing co-ownership or co-mingling of finances. USCIS knows that newlyweds that live in separate countries will not have had a chance to do that yet.

We didn't have anything on both our names either when we sent in our petition, since then my husband has add me to his life insurance, to one of his bank accounts, and on his car insurance. We will send all that in when we get to the NVC stage so that it can be included in our file.

Though many members here on VJ, have been approved without such evidence.

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

i got confused with the proof of combined owner ship........joint rent or lease......and now that they are asking for proof when you first file ........seems almost an impossible challenge i will file the minute i return to the states.

our date of marriage is Jan 17th 2014 so we are trying to figure out the paper work now as we wont have many days to spend as husband and wife before he has to go back to work.....

So are you filing for fiance or spousal visa?

Either way, you're not expected to have co-mingled assets at this point. What country is your fiance from?

Edited by yang-ja

Timeline

Dont worry too much about showing co-ownership or co-mingling of finances. USCIS knows that newlyweds that live in separate countries will not have had a chance to do that yet.

We didn't have anything on both our names either when we sent in our petition, since then my husband has add me to his life insurance, to one of his bank accounts, and on his car insurance. We will send all that in when we get to the NVC stage so that it can be included in our file.

Though many members here on VJ, have been approved without such evidence.

thank you very much for clearing that up i feel more calm now :)

thank you for all the help........

sara

So are you filing for fiance or spousal visa?

Either way, you're not expected to have co-mingled assets at this point. What country is your fiance from?

spousal visa.....his country is Egypt

thank you very much for clearing that up i feel more calm now :)

thank you for all the help........

sara

spousal visa.....his country is Egypt

I'd ask in the MENA regional forum on here what level of evidence the embassy in Cairo usually expects.

Either way, since you won't be filing until January the earliest, I would gather up some sort of evidence that you're currently residing at the same address. Do you have a joint lease? Rent? Mortgage? Utilities? It's not expected at this stage but if you actually live together it's great evidence still!

Edited by Yang-Ja

Timeline

I'd ask in the MENA regional forum on here what level of evidence the embassy in Cairo usually expects.

Either way, since you won't be filing until January the earliest, I would gather up some sort of evidence that you're currently residing at the same address. Do you have a joint lease? Rent? Mortgage? Utilities? It's not expected at this stage but if you actually live together it's great evidence still!

we are Muslim.....we can not even be alone in the same room until marriage so there is no living at the same address

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

we are Muslim.....we can not even be alone in the same room until marriage so there is no living at the same address

Then they would not expect to see that (finances, lease etc...).. However, they will expect to see that you communicate regularly and have an ongoing relationship... As others have said, photos, email, chat logs, passport stamps anything showing regular contact.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You said you are applying for a spouse visa, that means marriage. So if you are married, why can't you be alone? Are you married or not?

Timeline

You said you are applying for a spouse visa, that means marriage. So if you are married, why can't you be alone? Are you married or not?

we will marry jan 17th of 2014 we are trying to figure the paper work out before that date so we can fill out the proper ones after the marriage he has only some days off and then back to the oil rig so there wont be a lot of time if we want to submit it right away

They're not getting married until January. He's visiting her to pre-prepare the paperwork *now* before they get married in January - while they're together or something. But, of course, they'll be together when they get married in January, so they could be sorting out the paperwork then too. :/

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

They're not getting married until January. He's visiting her to pre-prepare the paperwork *now* before they get married in January - while they're together or something. But, of course, they'll be together when they get married in January, so they could be sorting out the paperwork then too. :/

good.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Missed that part, my bad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.