GG&RG

K1 VISA DENIED?- KUWAIT

4 posts in this topic

Well, it seems we have run into a bit of a snag with the US Embasy in Kuwait, After we supplied all documents, had a interview, I was requested to supply a copy of my deed for my house to prove my USA domicile. It was supplied, showing I purchaced my house in 1988.
I then received a note from them stating ..

Thank you for dropping off additional documents for our review.

The consular officer have reviewed the additional documents that you provided to the Consular Section. However, the consular officer is not convinced that you plan to take up permanent residence in the United States, which is required for you to sponsor your family members for Immigrant Visas. In some cases, petitioners must first move back to the United States to prove that they have re-established their domicile there. At this time, your case will not be approved until we see a stronger evidence that demonstrates that your principle residence is the United States, and not Kuwait.

I since replied to them with over a dozen types of documents showing my currant address in the USA, Now we wait again for them to act on it. They also have 3 years of 1040 Tax returns showing my name and address, as well as a copy of my visa.

Is this a bit unusual for such a request for K1 visa?.... They did not ask for us to come and pick up my finacee's visa at this point, so I guess we are still live on this application. I have stated to them I am in Kuwait on a year by year contract, and I am only waiting for approval to place proper notice and go home...I cant wait to go home, and I am not coming back.

Any suggestion?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What kind of documents did you supply the first time, and what kind of documents did you supply the second time?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

you to sponsor your family members for Immigrant Visas.

Huh? the K-1 visa is not for sponsoring of family members.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I followed these instructions sent to us from the US Embassy in Kuwait, along with all supporting documents. They then requested that I bring a copy of the DEED to my house, which I took off the county records online. I was able to attend my fiancee hearing, and when the interview officer asked when the last time she had seen me, Rodica pointed to me and said he sitting right over there, I walked up and said hello, and sat back down. We thought this was a slam dunk, but Rodica felt like the interview officer didn't believe here when she said we both had never been married. She is a nurse, and I work as US contractor here in Kuwait. In my cover letter, I explained that I was here on a year to year contract, and would be going home on approval.

1. The beneficiary/beneficiaries must appear at the Embassy for the interview.

2. 3 Recent front view color photographs, size 5 cm X 5 cm, with white background, regardless of age.

3. Passport (must have at least six months validity). For each beneficiary original + photocopy of the biographic data page.

4. Form DS-230 Part 1-Biographic Data (for each beneficiary).

http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/visa/index.htm

5. Form DS-156 (non-immigrant visa application form) two. You must complete this form electronically through http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/visa/index.htm print two copies, sign them, and bring them to your interview. All male applicants ages of 16 through 45, in addition to all applicants (male & female) ages 16 and older with a passport from Cuba, Iran, Libya, north Korea, Sudan and Syria, must also submit a completed supplemental application (DS-157) http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/visa/index.htm

6. Form DS-156K (non-immigrant Fiancé(e) visa application).

http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/visa/index.htm

7. Birth certificate original & photocopy (for each beneficiary).

8. Military record original & photocopy (for each beneficiary) if any.

9. Supporting documents: (Form I-134) affidavit of support from the petitioner.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf

Edited by GG&RG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.