Longjour

Delayed N-400

22 posts in this topic

15 Calendar Days have passed with no response from USCIS, (Giving benefit of doubt) I think they meant 15 business days, I will wait some more

Edited by Longjour

• 2 weeks later...

So, here is my update. I stopped calling USCIS and just came from my infopass appointment. The immigration officer said that they scheduled my fingerprints on 12th August,2013, But I have not received anything in the mail. Then she scheduled me another Bio-appointment on December 16,2013. It's been almost five months since I applied. But Thanks I am on track now. She also said my case is still sitting at NBC. I wish I would go to this infopass route long before.Hope later steps will go smooth for me.

My two cents would be whoever is still waiting for their bio, I would suggest them to make an infopass appointment ASAP.

So, here is my update. I stopped calling USCIS and just came from my infopass appointment. The immigration officer said that they scheduled my fingerprints on 12th August,2013, But I have not received anything in the mail. Then she scheduled me another Bio-appointment on December 16,2013. It's been almost five months since I applied. But Thanks I am on track now. She also said my case is still sitting at NBC. I wish I would go to this infopass route long before.Hope later steps will go smooth for me.

My two cents would be whoever is still waiting for their bio, I would suggest them to make an infopass appointment ASAP.

I called them and they said I should wait 30 days from the date of srmt request as 15 days is only target something something BS

I will make an infopass appointment when full 5 months are over so they don't have anything like this to tell me " you are still under the processing time limit the computer won't let me do anything about it"

I called them and they said I should wait 30 days from the date of srmt request as 15 days is only target something something BS

I will make an infopass appointment when full 5 months are over so they don't have anything like this to tell me " you are still under the processing time limit the computer won't let me do anything about it"

called them again and they want me to make another request I refused to make another request for time being and scheduled infopass next week, Hoping to get better reply there now :(

UPDATE 12/11/2013

ASC notice received, dated 12/04/2013, will cancel infopass appt. scheduled for 12/13/2013

as I received only one notice and three applications were submitted awaiting two more, the current pattern is such that I always receive my notice first and my family members receive their notices the following day :\

I didn't call or did anything else I just received it.

Edited by Longjour

Went in for infopass appointment today, and guess what same story came to light, our ASC notices dated 08/01/2013 were printed from the USCIS computer by the same guy who last time suggested we make a 'SRMT Inquiry'

we never got anything in the mail, neither a response from USCIS customer service, so much time just wasted.

IO said to walk-in next week to my co-applicants even before my ASC date :P

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same situation here. kept calling them over and over again a month after ther received my application and gave them a 6th or 7th call last week and guess what Iv;e found out? I was scheduled for biometrics for 08/08/13 but nothing came from the mail saying I have an appointment. I also talk to a Tier 2 officer most of the time so, even if the letter was lost in the mail, they should have told me long time that I missed my appointment so I should rescheduled it and not waiting about 5 months. I suggest that everytime you are waiting a letter or update from USCIS and they are way past the normal processing time, take an infopass. I will have my biometrics sched this Friday and hopefully, it will be faster from there. Having so much stress since I applied.

Went in for infopass appointment today, and guess what same story came to light, our ASC notices dated 08/01/2013 were printed from the USCIS computer by the same guy who last time suggested we make a 'SRMT Inquiry'

we never got anything in the mail, neither a response from USCIS customer service, so much time just wasted.

IO said to walk-in next week to my co-applicants even before my ASC date tongue.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.