CARL*

DS-160 Submission

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can I the petitioner submit the DS-160 on behalf of my fiancee here at the US?

You can assist with completing the form, but your fiancee must digitally sign it.

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Other people can assist you with your visa application. Note that under U.S. law (22 C.F.R. 41.103) you must electronically sign and submit your own application unless you qualify for an exemption. Even if someone else helped you complete the application, you (the applicant) must click the “Sign Application” button, or your application may not be accepted.
**Please be patient as you use this form. Download times may vary depending on your internet connection speed.**

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can assist with completing the form, but your fiancee must digitally sign it.

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Other people can assist you with your visa application. Note that under U.S. law (22 C.F.R. 41.103) you must electronically sign and submit your own application unless you qualify for an exemption. Even if someone else helped you complete the application, you (the applicant) must click the “Sign Application” button, or your application may not be accepted.
**Please be patient as you use this form. Download times may vary depending on your internet connection speed.**

Thanks Hank as always. We had my lawyer fill out the form already and is ready for her submission. I just wanted to double check stuff and make sure all are in order.

Would you happen to know if there is an option at the end of the form to save in addition to printing. My fiancee don't have a printer at home and she plans on saving the form on a USB and print at an internet cafe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks Hank as always. We had my lawyer fill out the form already and is ready for her submission. I just wanted to double check stuff and make sure all are in order.

Would you happen to know if there is an option at the end of the form to save in addition to printing. My fiancee don't have a printer at home and she plans on saving the form on a USB and print at an internet cafe.

My printer is not working so I'm planning to the same, but I'm not sure it will work though so I'm waiting for the reply. Glad you asked this question :)

Timeline

Yes it can be saved to a file, you can put it on a thumb drive or your hard drive and then email the file. It is a .DAT file. All you print is the confirmation page after sending the form.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi Guys, I have been seeing the DS-160 mentioned everywhere, but I'm not sure what that is. Is it a form you fill in online after you receive the 3rd package from the embassy? I am getting really confused. Thanks for your help.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Timeline

Hi Guys, I have been seeing the DS-160 mentioned everywhere, but I'm not sure what that is. Is it a form you fill in online after you receive the 3rd package from the embassy? I am getting really confused. Thanks for your help.

Yes it is the form you fill out online. As for receiving a 3rd packet that doesn't happen in the Philippines... which is the forum you are in.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I dont mind being in this forum, its kind of cosy and I did get my answer too. Thanks so much!!!!

Timeline

I dont mind being in this forum, its kind of cosy and I did get my answer too. Thanks so much!!!!

Just mentioning, after all what happens with the embassy in the UK may not be the same as how it's done in Manila. Such as NO packet 3.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

if you ask me it should all be the same, but hey ho I guess they have their reasons.

Timeline

if you ask me it should all be the same, but hey ho I guess they have their reasons.

Each country presents different issues to address.

- You can go to the USA easily under the VWP... something that doesn't exist for the Philippines.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

That sucks, but curiously it seems my fiance who is visiting me for Christmas doesn't need any type of visa or visa waiver to visit England.

Timeline

That sucks, but curiously it seems my fiance who is visiting me for Christmas doesn't need any type of visa or visa waiver to visit England.

- that is part of the deal with the VWP, there are only 37 or so countries that have this arrangement with the USA.

But then most can visit the Philippines for a month with a visa also. ;)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.