Miller_C

Do I send the forms or not?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am the UK citizen applying for the K1 visa and I have the following 2 conflicting paragraphs in a notification from the embassy that the approved petition had been received:

"An appointment for your visa interview will not be scheduled unless we are in receipt of forms, DS-230 Part 1, 2 x DS-156, DS-156k, 2 x DS-157, checklist DS-2001, and received the results of your medical examination.

NOTICE

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SEND ANY DOCUMENTS TO TIS OFFICE UNTIL YOU ARE SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED TO DO SO. A FINAL DETERMINATION CONCERNING THEIR ACCEPTABILITY CAN ONLY BE MADE AT THE TIME OF YOUR INTERVIEW. THIS WILL ALSO PREVENT LOSS OF DOCUMENTS AND YOUR HAVING TO OBTAIN DUPLICATES."

What do I do? I want to send the forms but it tells me not to. I've already had my medical exam and the embassy will have received the results, so I just need to send the forms. Do I wait until I receive a 'specific request', or do I just send them?

To make matters more confusing, the forms have just gone electronic and I cannot find the DS-2001. However, I don't believe I need to fill out the electronic forms due to my priority date being 09 July 2013.

Can anybody help here? Any nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

It says send no DOCUMENTS, which are birth certificate, police certificate, divorce decree, military record.....

Those forms in your letter (DS-xxxx) are no longer used by London. See their instruction page for the new plan which is all submitted online.

K1 London http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

Don't use the mobile version or you won't see the forms in the right column.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Sorry, didn't read your last part when I replied. Since you are well past Sept 1 when the paper forms changed, I think you will do much better doing the DS-160 instead. And if you go to the instruction link I gave, there is a link to the online replacement t of the DS-2001 just below the link for DS-160.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.