PalmTrees

NVC Received, Couple of Questions/Help

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I rang the department of state today and the rep said the NVC had received my petition but no case number had been assigned yet. He couldn't see when it had been sent/received but could just tell me it was there and said to try again within the next 2 weeks for a case number. Does this sound right?

I'm a little surprised it has got there after just a week. If this is the case, can someone confirm what I should be doing in preparation for the next steps? I don't want to sound like I'm jumping the gun, but also don't want to be under-prepared as I've read that things like police checks can take weeks and weeks to come through. I'm also over in the States until December so don't want to leave everything until I get back home.

So I will need my fiance to complete an I-134. He makes way above the poverty line now, but has had the job since summer and didn't make enough on the last tax return. Am I ok to fill out the I-134, provide a letter from his employer and recent pay stubs, or will we need a co-sponsor as his most recent tax return doesn't show enough earnings?

I know I need to request a copy of my birth certificate... Any particular copy?

I need to arrange for a police check... Anyone have the website link to request this?

I am compiling evidence since the petition was filed (e.g. boarding pass for this trip, new photos etc).

I know there are some forms to fill out online once the embassy receives the petition, but I will tackle that when I get the letter informing me of it. I just wanted to make sure I'm preparing as much as possible in advance. I'm sorry this post is so long but I'm getting a little confused about requirements again!

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and I hope someone can help me.

:)

K-1 Process:

09/03/13 - NOA1

10/22/13 - NOA2

02/25/14 - Visa Interview - Approved!

03/03/14 - Visa Received

04/08/14 - US Entry

06/05/14 - Wedding

AOS Process:

07/02/14 - NOA1s received for I-485, I-765 and I-131

07/23/14 - Early walk-in for Biometrics

09/04/14 - EAD Card Approved!

09/11/14 - EAD Card Received

02/27/15 - Greencard Approved!
03/12/15 - Greencard Received!
ROC Process:
02/07/2017 - NOA1
03/09/2017 - Biometrics
02/15/2018 - Extension Stamp in Passport at Local Office
...currently waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hmmm, rang again just now because I wanted to double check as the guy didn't sound too sure on the phone and it had been nagging at me, and the lady I spoke to said it hadn't been received. Guess I'm back to waiting but I'll still be concentrating on the next steps. How weird though... Oh well.

K-1 Process:

09/03/13 - NOA1

10/22/13 - NOA2

02/25/14 - Visa Interview - Approved!

03/03/14 - Visa Received

04/08/14 - US Entry

06/05/14 - Wedding

AOS Process:

07/02/14 - NOA1s received for I-485, I-765 and I-131

07/23/14 - Early walk-in for Biometrics

09/04/14 - EAD Card Approved!

09/11/14 - EAD Card Received

02/27/15 - Greencard Approved!
03/12/15 - Greencard Received!
ROC Process:
02/07/2017 - NOA1
03/09/2017 - Biometrics
02/15/2018 - Extension Stamp in Passport at Local Office
...currently waiting...

Employer letter and most recent pay stub should be sufficient :)

Long form birth certificate, well, the one with your parents names on it. Apparently there is something that just certifies that there is a certificate, you don't want that, but I think the long form is generally the default given anyway.

You don't really need new evidence of relationship, just a new letter of intent from your fiance if your interview is after the NOA2 expiration date.

Um the other thing you will have to do eventually is the medical, and before that you should make sure your vaccines are up to date. Really is simpler to get all that done with before your UK medical, instead of having loose ends to tie up once you are in the US adjusting status! But as you're in the US right now that's something you can think about once you arrive back in the UK.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.