pnjandmtc1209

For all December and January filers

27 posts in this topic

went for info pass Nov 1st and was approved Nov 4th

for my wifes I-130. Finally ! I'm a Jan.22nd 2013 filer.

This is an updade of my previous post.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly.

08/23/2008: Married

07/11/2012: I returned to the U.S. with our 2 children. Started working.

08/01/2012 - 01/01/2013: Talked to various lawyers; saved for lawyer filing fee - complete waste of time.

02/01/2013: Found VisaJourney

02/14/2013: Mailed paperwork to Chicago Lockbox

02/21/2013: NOA 1

06/17/2013: INFOPASS

11/19/2013: NOA 2

Filed: Timeline

What exactly did you ask at the info pass appt?

USCIS STAGE

NBC NOA1: March 04, 2013

NBC-NSC: Nov 06, 2013

NOA2: Dec 23, 2013

NVC STAGE

NVC Received: Jan 13, 2014

Case and IIN assigned: Feb 12, 2014

DS-261 available and filled: Feb 22, 2014

AOS I-864 fee paid: Feb 24, 2014

AOS I-864 sent: Feb 25, 2014

DS-260 Fee paid: March 12, 2014

DS-260 available and completed: March 17, 2014

Checklist for I-864: March 18, 2014

Revised I-864 and Sent to NVC: March 19, 2014

Case Completed: April 04, 2014

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I wish we had some idea how the hell all of this happened in the first place. We were January filers and I've had my wife home for 3 weeks now. It's terrible that the rest of you got pushed so far behind for no logical reason.

2012-11-20: Married in USA!

CR-1 Visa (9 Months, 16 Days)
2013-01-21: I-130 Packet Sent
2013-01-29: NOA1
2013-03-25: NOA2
2013-07-08: NVC Case Number Generated
2013-08-21: Medical exam in Moscow
2013-09-17: Expedite request accepted by NVC. Packet forwarded to Moscow embassy.
2013-09-26: Embassy contacted Rita to schedule her interview. Scheduled for 2013-09-30!
2013-09-30: Interview in Moscow - APPROVED!!
2013-10-10: P.O.E. JFK Int'l
2013-11-06: CR-1 Green card in hand!

Removal of Conditions (10 Months, 28 Days)
2015-08-11: i-751 Packet Sent
2015-08-13: NOA Receipt
2015-09-10: Biometrics
2016-06-30: Online Status Changed: New Card Is Being Produced
2016-07-05: i-797 NOA Received
2016-07-09: IR-1 Green card in hand!

Naturalization (6 Months, 29 Days)

2016-10-19: N-400 Filing Date

2016-10-24: N-400 NOA

2016-11-15: Biometrics

2017-04-10: Interview Letter NOA Received

2017-05-18: Interview & Oath

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly.

Thanks !

What exactly did you ask at the info pass apt

Actually my nov.1st appointment was my 2nd infopass appointment.

My 1st one was October 10th in which the 1st officer just flat out lied

to me and told me my file was lost which wasn't true he just never left

his post to go look for it because he told me to have a seat while he found my file

and he would make a decision on it. I watched him and he never left his window

and he kept calling people up and helping them. Then after about 20 minutes he

called me back up to his window to say to me that my file could not be found.

The thing is he never looked for it but he told me to mail certain things in to him

and as soon as he got it he would make a decision on my case and I believed

him so I did what he said and waited exactly 3 weeks and nothing happened.

That was on October 10th.

I made my 2nd infopass appointment Nov.1st and I made a copy of my entire I-130 petition

and took it with me because that's what my lawyer told me to do. It turns out I didn't need the

copy because the officer took the time to really find my file in which he did. Now to your question

I didn't ask him anything I just told him what I know from researching the USCIS website and by

reading here at VJ. I told him I had 2 letters from my congressman's office that said my file was

there at the Atlanta office and that I had been told by the previous officer on my 1st info pass

appointment that my file had been lost. I also told him that by researching the USCIS website

that if my file had been lost that I had the right to ask for an expidite and he said that's right.

He took my receipt number and looked on the computer and went back to the file room and

looked for my file he was gone for a while and came back and looked at the computer again

went back again to the file room and came back with my file in his hand. At that point I started

asking questions. I told him that I was on this site and I was keeping up with what's going on

I told him that from this site most December, January,and Feburary filers were already finished

and he asked me did it come from this office meaning Atlanta and I said no most were from the

Vermont office. Then he said I tell you what I have a file here at my desk from July 2012 I have

to come in in the morning to make a decision on and I'll put your file on top of it and make a decision

on both which was a Saturday morning that he came into work. He told me for my peace of mind that

he would give me a call once he had reached a decision and he did what he said he would do because

I received the call saying my case was good to go. That's how my case got approved at the Atlanta office

and im so thankful for that officer but I won't give any names.

Actually my nov.1st appointment was my 2nd infopass appointment.

My 1st one was October 10th in which the 1st officer just flat out lied

to me and told me my file was lost which wasn't true he just never left

his post to go look for it because he told me to have a seat while he found my file

and he would make a decision on it. I watched him and he never left his window

and he kept calling people up and helping them. Then after about 20 minutes he

called me back up to his window to say to me that my file could not be found.

The thing is he never looked for it but he told me to mail certain things in to him

and as soon as he got it he would make a decision on my case and I believed

him so I did what he said and waited exactly 3 weeks and nothing happened.

That was on October 10th.

I made my 2nd infopass appointment Nov.1st and I made a copy of my entire I-130 petition

and took it with me because that's what my lawyer told me to do. It turns out I didn't need the

copy because the officer took the time to really find my file in which he did. Now to your question

I didn't ask him anything I just told him what I know from researching the USCIS website and by

reading here at VJ. I told him I had 2 letters from my congressman's office that said my file was

there at the Atlanta office and that I had been told by the previous officer on my 1st info pass

appointment that my file had been lost. I also told him that by researching the USCIS website

that if my file had been lost that I had the right to ask for an expidite and he said that's right.

He took my receipt number and looked on the computer and went back to the file room and

looked for my file he was gone for a while and came back and looked at the computer again

went back again to the file room and came back with my file in his hand. At that point I started

asking questions. I told him that I was on this site and I was keeping up with what's going on

I told him that from this site most December, January,and Feburary filers were already finished

and he asked me did it come from this office meaning Atlanta and I said no most were from the

Vermont office. Then he said I tell you what I have a file here at my desk from July 2012 I have

to come in in the morning to make a decision on and I'll put your file on top of it and make a decision

on both which was a Saturday morning that he came into work. He told me for my peace of mind that

he would give me a call once he had reached a decision and he did what he said he would do because

I received the call saying my case was good to go. That's how my case got approved at the Atlanta office

and im so thankful for that officer but I won't give any names.

This is awesome. Really Congrats :)

Well, as you can see from my signature, USCIS received my file on December 3rd 2012... I've heard absolutely nothing since. I have a case number that I can type into the little USCIS website and see the same old 'Initial Review' bubble mockingly glow in my face, but other than that...? Close to tears, I tell you.

How many December filers or earlier are in the situation I'm in? Something is surely wrong, right?

This is awesome. Really Congrats smile.png

Well, as you can see from my signature, USCIS received my file on December 3rd 2012... I've heard absolutely nothing since. I have a case number that I can type into the little USCIS website and see the same old 'Initial Review' bubble mockingly glow in my face, but other than that...? Close to tears, I tell you.

How many December filers or earlier are in the situation I'm in? Something is surely wrong, right?

contact your congressman or senator and let them find out if it's at your local uscis office

that's what I did then if it is at your local office you need to make an infopass appointment

and ask questions about your case. I learned something when I went to my local office.

Initial review means your case is sitting in the file room waiting to be assigned to an officer.

If you do an info pass you may have to go more than once but it helps.

Best of luck !

Thanks! Really good info. I'll see what we can do... How exactly did you contact your congressman? Email? Telephone? Did it take long for them to chase it up?

oh, and you are in alabama? That's where my wife is! How receptive were the Alabama congresspeople to this request?

I just wrote a letter to them and sent it by U.S. mail.

that's how I contacted my congressman and senator

then in about 2 weeks received a letter from them telling

me that my file was at my local USCIS office and at that point

I went to the USCIS website and made an infopass appointment

to go to my local uscis office and talk to an immigration officer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.