sarah and hicham

What would you do

166 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Look, people don't usually ask such a question for no reason. It's a sensitive subject you have to admit. So my mistake if I don't get why the question is here.

Do you think I am upset because my husband won't work? He legally cannot work right now but once he gets his EAD he'll be back at it. Thank you for your concern.

My question is asking those who have their fiances/husbands coming what they would do if their husband wouldn't work. I know it has happened to some so I think my question is a legitimate one.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

What would I do if Mohammed didn't work......hmmm.

Well we had that situation for the first 3 months and this is how it went. I would wake and go to work. He stayed home and watched tv and cooked. It was making him crazy. I don't know of many that came over and sat home after being allowed to work. Most want to work to at least have personal money. As his cigarette money dwindled, he was more than anxious to get out there. I would not have liked it much if I was the only one working to provide food and necessities no less pay all the bills while he watched tv.

Jackie (F)

Filed: Other Timeline
Look, people don't usually ask such a question for no reason. It's a sensitive subject you have to admit. So my mistake if I don't get why the question is here.

Do you think I am upset because my husband won't work? He legally cannot work right now but once he gets his EAD he'll be back at it. Thank you for your concern.

My question is asking those who have their fiances/husbands coming what they would do if their husband wouldn't work. I know it has happened to some so I think my question is a legitimate one.

Sara, I didn't know if you were upset or not. I thought your question had to be out there for a reason though. Either you are upset or you know it has happened to others.

Since you say you're not upset, then it has to be that it's happened to others. In which case I think it's up to them to post the question IF they want to know what other people would do.

Soooooo....that being said.....my only 'issue' would be the 'legitimacy' (as you put it) of your question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sara, I didn't know if you were upset or not. I thought your question had to be out there for a reason though. Either you are upset or you know it has happened to others.

Since you say you're not upset, then it has to be that it's happened to others. In which case I think it's up to them to post the question IF they want to know what other people would do.

Soooooo....that being said.....my only 'issue' would be the 'legitimacy' (as you put it) of your question.

Why are you so concerned? Maybe someone asked Sarah to post this, who knows. Regardless, it's a legitimate question and many people are participating in the discussion. If you don't care for the discussion at hand then don't read it. There is no need for you to patrol who posts what and who asks which questions.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

i think anyone would have the right to post what they think of any topic. that being said, my initial reaction was similar - there are people who have experienced this and throwing adjectitives such as lazy and loser when referring to people in this situation isn't exactly "helping" if thats what this thread is for.

i hardly think rebecca is "patrolling" the freaking MENA forum :lol:

Filed: Other Timeline
Why are you so concerned? Maybe someone asked Sarah to post this, who knows. Regardless, it's a legitimate question and many people are participating in the discussion. If you don't care for the discussion at hand then don't read it. There is no need for you to patrol who posts what and who asks which questions.

You don't like your threads over in Off Topic. You don't like it when someone different comes into MENA. Just what exactly is it I (or anyone for that matter) am supposed to do when it comes to threads over here? Stay away?

And if so, then who is the one doing the patrolling?

Certainly not me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

You don't like your threads over in Off Topic. You don't like it when someone different comes into MENA. Just what exactly is it I (or anyone for that matter) am supposed to do when it comes to threads over here? Stay away?

And if so, then who is the one doing the patrolling?

Certainly not me.

You don't call this patrolling? Then what do you call it? You are not contributing to the subject matter at all, the only thing you are doing is making judgements about the person who posted it. I have no problem when anyone posts in MENA, as long as the purpose is to contribute to the thread. If someone is coming to ridicule, pick fights, or pass judgements, then yes, I DO have a problem with that.

If you want to know what do in threads here or anywhere in VJ, it would be to contribute to the subject matter. No one is interested in your judgements.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I haven't seen any patrolling occuring. :no: Just reading through the forum, at one point, it kind of made it sound at first that Sarah's husband was working without an EAD, which we all know is not correct as I continuted to read. :) And if him or anyone else were doing that, it's none of my business.

I think a lot of us with middle eastern husbands are faced with the fact that they will not be able to work right away and if they did receive that temp stamp, it was only that, very temporary which is why we chose another POE. Wael has been searching for jobs, not for work, only to see what is available out there and what he has found just by talking to people is that he is over qualified for many positions! In Egypt, he's a doctor, here in the U.S he's not even recognized as a doctor though. :unsure: There are a couple insurance companies that have told him to come back once the EAD is received. He's also been told he can probably work on the ambulance here as a paramedic. Time will tell though since we don't know when to expect the EAD.

I'd like to add that I do like VJ for all the valuable information: however the cat fighting really needs to go. Basically why I don't post on this forum. :blush:

8-7-06 Visa received after 6 months of AR

9-1-06 AOS sent

9-20-06 Biometrics

3-5-07 AOS Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
It was nice while it lasted.

I would like it noted that I haven't argued with anyone on this thread. :pop:

it's still your fault :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:innocent: CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG :innocent:

March 18 2007 "Wedding Day"

AOS PROCESS BEGINS

May 4 - AOS/EAD Mailed

May 5 - USCIS Received Package

May 11 - Checks Cashed

May 20 - RFE - Received

June 13 - Touched RFE Documents Received

June 29,2007 - I-485 Transferred to California for processing

July 17, 2007 - Touched

July 18, 2007 - Touched

July 28, 2007 - Touched

July 30, 2007 - Work Authorization Received

Filed: Timeline

Sure would be nice if we all could get along on this forum.

Alot of the issues discussed here, like employment, will come with very different opinions on what is expected and what really happens. When this dies down I am sure another heated debate will come along. Til then.......let's try extra hard to be nice to each other.

Jackie (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

be nice santa is watching you to!!!

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.