nancy55

How to cancel my CR1 visa ?????

55 posts in this topic

Um, no.

Your baby son is 'forced" to grow up without his father due to decisions his PARENTS made. I understand your anger, but it is misdirected. The OP hasn't affected your case in any way, and your rant at her is unacceptable and undeserved.

OP, only you can decide where you go from here. Take your time, and don't let other peoples opinions decide for you what is best. You have to live your life for yourself, and not for anyone else.

Honestly im taking time, i share my story with my all friends here to decide what i can do, because i no longer know how to deal with everything that is happening to me

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Sounds like your done with your spouse, based on your feedback. May I suggest working on what you do next about your marriage and not about the visa. The visa will expire without any further action from you. So redirect your energy else where. All the best.

Petitioner/USC Married: 11/26/2012
USCIS (144 Days)
01-12-2013 : I-130 sent (CR1) - Phoenix AZ Lockbox
01-14-2013 : NOA1 - Processing @ NBC (MSC)
06-07-2013: NOA2 - Checked status via the USCIS website

NVC
06/20/13: NVC Received

06/26/13: Case/IIN Assigned
07/05/13: AOS Package Sent
07/18/19: IV Package sent
08/01/13: AOS Checklist - Grrr! (16 Business Days)
08/09/13: IV Package accepted (15 Business Days)
08/29/13: AOS Package accepted (17 Business Days)
08/29/13: Case complete

09/09/13: Interview Assigned

09/18/13: Medical Exam

10/07/13: Interview/Approved

10/14/13: Picked up Visa at US Interest Section - Havana

11/26/13: POE Tampa

ELIS/Green Card Production/SSN

12/03/13: ELIS Paid Status

12/07/13: SSN Arrived in Mail

12/19/13: ELIS Optimized/In Process Status

12/30/13: Production of New Card Began

1/3/14: Card Produced Status

1/6/14: GC Received via Mail

Petition To Remove Conditions on Permanent Residency - Jointly Filed

08/29/15: I-751 Form w/ Documentation - Laguna Nigel, CA PO BOX

09/02/15: NOA1

3/29/16: Approved - New Card is Being Produced.

How is is this post not in violation of the TOS?

No s*i*!! Where are the moderators when you need them? Talk about uninformed advice, I think this guy is suggesting VISA fraud...

As usual Gowon is spot on.

Aloha Ke Akua

Filed: Other Timeline

Y not travel once (think of it as vacation) have a face to face with your

husband and decide if its your final decision....Never eat rice when its too hot

if its definite then turn in the visa, but try to think about therapy...If its that bad

U cant be with him, respect to U OP for keeping it real...good luck

Edited by Jihana

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, I tried to cancel my visa application before my original interview date (September 10,2013) but i just postponed the interview date to a later date (September 27, 2013) due to some issues between me and the US spouse i married with, i still have a lot of problems with him, and i can't imagine myself leaving my country in this situation, my visa was approved on (the first week in this month, i still have no program on how to leave or when and what to do, i tried my best to success and to continue this marriage but to no avail , am tired i feel am just wasting my time , my hope is to know how to cancel my visa after issuance ? Im the beneficiary,

1. Do i need to email the IV unit to cancel the visa? Do you have any model on how to email the consulate for this purpose? i know when i email the consulate they will ask me to bring my passport and the envelope to the consulate to cancel the visa ,and they will print on the steeled visa cancelled or something like this

Or

2. Do i just need to wait until the expiration date (January 2014)? In this case, will i need as well to go to the consulate with my passport and the envelope? What they will print on my passport in this case: cancelled or invalid/expired?

I dont know if there is any difference between the 2 options, I know the goal is one cancellation

I feel humiliation and pain because of this husband who does not take into account how my feelings and the feelings of my family, every time i forgive him, i need now to cancel my visa to give up the fight and to move on in my life,

Thank you

You cant cancel, the US spouse has to cancel.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

husband and decide if its your final decision....Never eat rice when its too hot

if its definite then turn in the visa, but try to think about therapy...If its that bad

I agree, if you're up to it, travel atleast once and have a face to face. If ofcourse the things you don't want to mention, are to severe you should just let the visa expire.

Edited by Mark88

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

You cant cancel, the US spouse has to cancel.

why i can't cancel the visa ?

like it's mentioned in the precedant answers , i can let it expire ? like "Mark88" if im not mistaken he said i can just keep the stealed envelope with me after the expiration date, right? dont i need to go to consulate later ?

why i can't cancel the visa ?

like it's mentioned in the precedant answers , i can let it expire ? like "Mark88" if im not mistaken he said i can just keep the stealed envelope with me after the expiration date, right? dont i need to go to consulate later ?

Faatima,

You do not need to cancel anything even if you could. Just let the visa expire. You don't have to do anything for that to happen. Just let the time go by. You are not required to cancel anything. Just let it go. Don't worry about it.

God Bless,

Aloha Ke Akua

Thank you Jihana i tried to have face to face with him months ago, to decide something, it seems like i still need to wait to have a face to face with him , i know what i want, hopefully he know what he wants too

Faatima,

You do not need to cancel anything even if you could. Just let the visa expire. You don't have to do anything for that to happen. Just let the time go by. You are not required to cancel anything. Just let it go. Don't worry about it.

God Bless,

Aloha Ke Akua

Well, i just worry about the sealed envelope!! , i know when the visa will expire automatically it will be invalid, and expired , like mark 88 he said after the expiration date i will keep the envelope i don't need to give it back to the consulat, i just want to make sure i understood well what he said about the stealed envelope

thank you David and Zoila

Edited by faatima

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Two posts violating the TOS and several posts quoting have been removed. Administrative Action taken.***

**Additionally, any further posts similar to post #11 will result in a thread ban. Any additional posts violating the TOS will subject the poster to Administrative Action.**

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Well, i just worry about the sealed envelope!! , i know when the visa will expire automatically it will be invalid, and expired , like mark 88 he said after the expiration date i will keep the envelope i don't need to give it back to the consulat, i just want to make sure i understood well what he said about the stealed envelope

thank you David and Zoila

As far as I know the sealed envelope will become trash the day after the visa expires. But if I were you I would hold onto it just to be safe. God Bless and I hope you live happliy ever after.

Aloha Ke Akua

As far as I know the sealed envelope will become trash the day after the visa expires. But if I were you I would hold onto it just to be safe. God Bless and I hope you live happliy ever after.

Aloha Ke Akua

Thank you for your reply,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.