Geoff&Giulia

Naples has our package! (K1 Visa)

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Thank you so much, that's been helpful.

I hope we'll get our NOA2 soon, for some reason it's taking forever.

Congrats on FINALLY receiving NOA2!

we did. we made one once our visa interview appointment was scheduled by Naples. Still not sure if we can pay for the visa interview in advance via this site. hope that is helpful.

When is your appointment in Naples? I couldn't find it in your timeline.

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Congrats on FINALLY receiving NOA2!

Thank you! Now we have to wait until our case will be shipped to NVC and then here. Not too sure whether we should wait one more week or e-mail them now. Apparently CSC can take up to 8 weeks to ship a case to NVC... either way, I'll be busy collecting documents I'll need for the interview.

I see yours is in less than a month now, so good luck and keep us updated!

Timeline

Thank you! Now we have to wait until our case will be shipped to NVC and then here. Not too sure whether we should wait one more week or e-mail them now. Apparently CSC can take up to 8 weeks to ship a case to NVC... either way, I'll be busy collecting documents I'll need for the interview.

I see yours is in less than a month now, so good luck and keep us updated!

I would wait 6-10 days from when your USCIS status changes from "approved" to "shipped your petition", at least that's what we did!

Yeah, ours is REAL soon, 24 days, 16 hours, 42 minutes, 16 seconds, as I type...not that I'm counting... ;-) HEHEHE LOL

Nice handy apps on smartphones nowadays! LOL

I'm looking forward to reading you also have an interview date!

In bocca al lupo!

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Timeline

In transit means it's been sent to the Consulate in Naples.

Once the CEAC Status Update turns to READY, wait a few days and then send them an email at IVNAPLES at state dot gov with all your details (Names, Case Number).

I sent them an email the day the CEAC status updated to ready and they answered almost right away that they couldn't yet see it in their system (I think it was either a Thursday or a Friday).

They then sent me an email Monday morning (with Packet 3 attached to it) that they had received the application. They asked me to look at the content of packet 3 and return the statement to them as soon as I was ready to have the appointment scheduled. I sent them an email with the "Applicant's Statement" right afterwards and got my appointment letter (literally another email), a couple of hours later, on the same day!

Hope this helps!

Looking forward to hearing news RE your case!

P.S. Here's a link to Packet 3

Timeline

Thank you so much!

I was a bit panicky here, happy but not too sure what I was supposed to do next. Luckily I already collected my vaccination record and birth certificate. By next week, if the weather permits it, I'll collect my police certificates as well. I will also have him to send me a few things by mail (I-134 and a more recent letter of intent) sooo it's going to take a while before I can contact them saying I have all the documents needed.
They actually sent me packet 3 already after I asked them what they usually ask for K1 applicats and they kindly sent a zipped file with all the information -same one I previously found on their web site.

/end of the rant but thank you so much!

Timeline

You're welcome!

Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row...!

I can't wait to have my interview on the 14th of January and fly back "home"; it's been two long years since the last time I slept in my bed and this is LOOONG overdue!

In bocca al lupo!

Timeline

Hey Geoff&Giulia.

What is taking so long RE the birth certificate? I remember getting mine (plurilingual) in one morning.

As for your question, packet 3 states that the $240 K1 visa fee is paid online at https://usvisa-info.com/ after you send the applicant's statement and an interview appointment has been scheduled for you.

Are you sure you need a plurilingual one? When I asked for it the lady said it's not valid for the USA and, if used overseas, you need to put a marca da bollo on it and do something else I wrote down in a note. She also said that for the USA they'd only ask for an estratto di nascita in Italian.

Make sure you have the right documents, as I never saw a plurilingual birth certificate being mentioned in the country reciprocity for documents (which you can find here -> http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=8984 ).

In packet 3 it says you can bring documents in either language (Italian or English) and for AOS you can write down you're fluent in both languages and translate it on your own -which is definitely cheaper than finding someone who translates it for you.

Hope this helps and that she gave me the right information about it, if you're in doubt you could always go back to your comune and get an estratto di nascita too, you know... just in case!

Timeline

Hey J&L!

Thanks for the concern, I appreciate it!

The "plurilingual" birh certificate(s) I have are just like the "Estratto di Nascita" (containing all the pertaining info), but they happen to be written in several different languages. I am including a screenshot of one of the three I have (and yes, I also have the one written only in Italian, because as you said, they do accept documents written in either English or Italian).

As our ancestors used to say: "Melius abundare quam deficere", which means "Better too much than not enough"!!!

I have also asked the "Prefettura" to put the "apostille" according to the The Hague Convention, which was also ratified by the US (probably that's the "something else" she told you about). From what I understand, it may not be needed, but I thought better safe than sorry at this point.

Give me a shout when you get to schedule the interview, I'm sure I'll get your timeline update!

Thanks!

post-164573-0-03194600-1388226742_thumb.png

Timeline

Never mind then, you already knew about everything and had both!

Meanwhile, our case is still in transit... holidays are slowing things down as expected. Also I'm trying to figure out if I'll have to print out more documents once I receive packet 4 (not even entirely sure what's in it).

Timeline

No no, I truly did appreciate the heads up! Better safe than sorry!!! Thanks!

As for Packet 4, it is simply the email they're going to send you with the Medical/Interview appointment dates.

This is what mine looked like. I simply printed it and will be bringing it with me to the Varelli and the US Consulate (they do have a list of applicants scheduled for the day, but as we just said, better safe than sorry, in case they mistakenly omit your name):

Good Morning!

Please be informed that we have scheduled your Immigrant Visa Appointment for January 14, 2014 and your medical appointment for January 13, 2014. For information on the medical examination, and directions to the Istituto Varelli, please refer to the instruction packet sent to you via email. If you no longer have the instruction packet, the same information is also available on http://www.usembassy.it/ .

Please be sure to pay the visa fee and register on http://usvisa-info.com/ for courier service in order to receive your passport, visa, and documents after completing the application procedure. If you need technical assistance with the website, call our call center at (+39) 06 9480 3777 (from Italy) or 703 439 2365 (from the U.S.). You may also use Skype at usvisaitaly.

The Consulate is unable to provide technical assistance with the website.

Thank you!

Visa Section

American Consulate General

Naples, Italy

Hope this helps!

Here's to hoping you hear from them soon.

Timeline

Correct, they are NO longer required.

DS-160 incorporates all of the above into one form.

Timeline

Our case is 'ready' as of yesterday and we received packet 3.

I guess I'll complete form DS-160 later on today and then wait until I get some documents in the mail (I-134 etc).

Can't believe your interview is in 11 days! So close!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.