13 posts in this topic

Looked through similar timelines and apparently all that have been approved in october might not get an interview until after January :/

Is my assumption true ? I'm still happy that my petition got approved but feel that is soooo far away to enter USA

That is correct. We were approved early July and our cita is next week.

Time goes by quickly so be proactive and do everything you can do with time. Do not leave anything till last minute. Next thing you know you will be on your flight going to the cita.

Best of luck.

K-1 Visa

12/26/12 * I-129F mailed out

12/28/12 * I-129F received and signed

01/02/13 * NOA1

01/07/13 * Alien registration # changed

05/24/13 * Transferred to TSC

05/30/13 * Now transferred to my local office

06/03/13 * Hardcopy of transfer notice received with new receipt date (now 12/31/12)

06/05/13 * Infopass at local USCIS. Was told that petition is in Vermont (so the system says). As for Me: Keeping my faith

06/19/13 * RFE email received

06/29/13 * RFE hardcopy received (asking for letter of intent to marry from both)

07/02/13 * RFE mailed out

07/03/13 * RFE received in TX

07/05/13 * USCIS update "Review for RFE"

07/10/13 * NOA2 (email) God is GREAT

07/18/13 * NOA2 hardcopy recieved

07/22/13 * Case sent to NVC (new case # to be assigned)

07/30/13 * Got New case #. SDO2013 - God is GREAT

event.png

event.png

That is correct. We were approved early July and our cita is next week.

Time goes by quickly so be proactive and do everything you can do with time. Do not leave anything till last minute. Next thing you know you will be on your flight going to the cita.

Best of luck.

Gracias , can you tell me when I should start calling NVC or DOS

realistically you can begin calling NVC about 7-10 days after you are approved. Hopefully they will have a case number assigned.

realistically you can begin calling NVC about 7-10 days after you are approved. Hopefully they will have a case number assigned.

Ok thanks . Ill start calling next week

YOUR RIGHT I ASKED OUR LAWYER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING :( WOMP IT SUCKS BUT I MEAN ITS ALL FOR THE BEST THEY ARE MOVING TO A NEW BUILDING IN FEBRUARY SO EVERYTHING IS BACKED UP. I JUS DECIDED TO MAKE A SMALL TRIP IN DECEMBER OR JANUARY AND SEE MY BOO, FEB AND MARCH ARE WAY TO FAR AWAY cray5ol.gif KEEP UR HOPES UP AND TRUST QUE DIOS SABE LO QUE ASE <3 Y POR QUE LO ASE

YOUR RIGHT I ASKED OUR LAWYER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING :( WOMP IT SUCKS BUT I MEAN ITS ALL FOR THE BEST THEY ARE MOVING TO A NEW BUILDING IN FEBRUARY SO EVERYTHING IS BACKED UP. I JUS DECIDED TO MAKE A SMALL TRIP IN DECEMBER OR JANUARY AND SEE MY BOO, FEB AND MARCH ARE WAY TO FAR AWAY cray5ol.gif KEEP UR HOPES UP AND TRUST QUE DIOS SABE LO QUE ASE <3 Y POR QUE LO ASE

Si mija , way too far to them again. I might take a trip too bit its a lot of money...I might be obligated to wait till interview time :(

Gracias , can you tell me when I should start calling NVC or DOS

Do you know if your case has been shipped to NVC. After it has been shipped then give it a week or even 2 to begin calling. When we were approved things were running quicker. Unfortunately NVC and DR are taking a lot longer to assign SDO#'s and give citas.

K-1 Visa

12/26/12 * I-129F mailed out

12/28/12 * I-129F received and signed

01/02/13 * NOA1

01/07/13 * Alien registration # changed

05/24/13 * Transferred to TSC

05/30/13 * Now transferred to my local office

06/03/13 * Hardcopy of transfer notice received with new receipt date (now 12/31/12)

06/05/13 * Infopass at local USCIS. Was told that petition is in Vermont (so the system says). As for Me: Keeping my faith

06/19/13 * RFE email received

06/29/13 * RFE hardcopy received (asking for letter of intent to marry from both)

07/02/13 * RFE mailed out

07/03/13 * RFE received in TX

07/05/13 * USCIS update "Review for RFE"

07/10/13 * NOA2 (email) God is GREAT

07/18/13 * NOA2 hardcopy recieved

07/22/13 * Case sent to NVC (new case # to be assigned)

07/30/13 * Got New case #. SDO2013 - God is GREAT

event.png

event.png

Do you know if your case has been shipped to NVC. After it has been shipped then give it a week or even 2 to begin calling. When we were approved things were running quicker. Unfortunately NVC and DR are taking a lot longer to assign SDO#'s and give citas.

All I know is what the approved email said. " it has been approved and sent to the department of state/visas"

I called DOS yesterday and was told my case still didn't exists to give it week bcus it probably hasn't been received.

Yes I know they have slowed down which makes me sad since I waited so long for this moment and will have to wait longer.

But I'm trusting in God that this is for ou good

I was approved on october 23, well january or february the most important is be approved.

I know we want to be with our fiance as soon as posible but just wait, people denied are worse than us.

I was approved on october 23, well january or february the most important is be approved.

I know we want to be with our fiance as soon as posible but just wait, people denied are worse than us.

Oh you were approved a day before me (:

Yea I know that being approved is the most important. Thanks for reminding me it could be worse and I could have been denied lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.