fernanda08

my fiance called some attorneys , they wont take our case!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance and I started applied for the K-1 visa. We thought we could do it ourselves! But we decided we neeeeed an attorney! But he made some calls and they told him that since the best process already started they won't take it!! #######! We only did the first step! :// HELPPPP!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Most people can do this process completely on their own just by using this information given on this site. Unless you have extremely complicated circumstances an attorney would be a waste of money. I have seen (through this site) many people use attorney's and still get RFE's for simple things you learn to do or not to do with the information given on this site. They cannot make your process move any faster (no matter what they tell you). Please explain why you feel you need an attorney and if you have ANY questions about the process just let us know! That's what we're here for! :)

4/5/12- Met in Jamaica
6/9/12- 2nd trip to Jamaica
11/18/12- 3rd trip to Jamaica
11/24/12- Engaged heart.gif
12/31/12- Filed I-129f
1/4/13- NOA1
1/15/13- Alien registration number changed
2/27/13- 4th trip to Jamaica, 1st time with my daughter

5/24/13- Email/Text Notification that case was transferred to another office...

5/29/13- Email/Text Notification that case was transferred to local office....

5/30/13- Email/Text Notification that case was received and being processed at TSC...

6/19/13- 5th trip to Jamaica for my loves birthday!!

6/26/13- APPROVED biggrin.png

7/16/13- Email/Text Notification that case was sent to the NVC

7/22/13- Sent to consulate

7/23/13- Received by consulate

7/23/13- Sent DS230

7/31/13- Received interview date

8/20/13- Medical

9/3/13- INTERVIEW!!! (Wrongfully refused stating the need for co-sponsor)ranting33va.gif

9/24/13- Tax transcripts sent verifying income (return & W2 sent originally)

10/8/13- APPROVED!! dancin5hr.gif

10/15/13- Dropped off passport at Embassy
10/17/13- Issued

10/23/13- Picked up passport from DHL

10/27/13- POE Charlotte!!

1/16/2014- We're Married!!

2/24/14- Filed AOS/EAD/AP

3/25/14- Biometrics

4/30/14- EAD & AP Approved!!

Timeline

we need an attorney because when I was 6 years old I was taken to the US with my tourist visa. I stayed until I was 20 yrs old. I know many people will say "well you chose to stay those 2 extra years being an adult." Hey! It wasn't my fault I was taken in the first place! I had my life made there its not easy turning 18 ad saying "OK!I'm leaving everything I know and the people I care about and leave!" I did decide to do it. When I was 20. It was hard but I refused at that point to not be able to be looked as an equal when I never harmed anyone! I was never on well fair or any thing like this. Regardless of my reasons the US government will obviously not care. So I need an attorney !

My fiance and I started applied for the K-1 visa. We thought we could do it ourselves! But we decided we neeeeed an attorney! But he made some calls and they told him that since the best process already started they won't take it!! #######! We only did the first step! :// HELPPPP!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IMO, an attorney won't engage if the I-129F has already been filed.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am thinking that the case may be that since you already filed for the K-1 there is not really anything you could hire an attorney to do right now. however, once and if you receive a denial then you could find an attorney and they could step in and assist you. most likely, i think you will be fine until you get to the interview then you will probably have to file a waiver for unlawful presence. Some people do all of this without an attorney and some hire one.

Timeline

I am thinking that the case may be that since you already filed for the K-1 there is not really anything you could hire an attorney to do right now. however, once and if you receive a denial then you could find an attorney and they could step in and assist you. most likely, i think you will be fine until you get to the interview then you will probably have to file a waiver for unlawful presence. Some people do all of this without an attorney and some hire one.

My fiance talked to one of the attorneys from CINA NASHVILLE. She was very nice and will be taking our case. :))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.