Predilecta10

Approved in only 4 months!!*!!!

18 posts in this topic

I was so anxious to gey my approval after getting an RFE that they receiced my RFE responce review Oct.7 and they just approved it OCT.23 which is my lucky number this year lol im turning (23) in Dec.(23) of (2)00(3) wow huh,now just curious about whats next and how long will next process last "en el patio" aka in Dom.Rep any feedback anyone

Four months is actually normal don't be surprised they say the entire process takes an average of 5 months yet they take for ever to schedule an interview date so girl get ready for the MORE WAITING ....my case was received by the embassy on the 15th and still nothing and yeah iv heard about the January being closed i don't understand that because i was just on and theres a bunch of days with less than 50 interviews

I will call my immigration lawyer to do research it can be possible that its closed on 54 because they always have interviewd more than 200 in a day so it is not possible I can believe that on Dec. because of the holidays but for january no. But usually after US embassy receives the package it takes aprox.28 days to get interview date so lets wait, I will call my lawyer though :(

I just spoke to her and she responded it is not possible that January is closed for interviews ,do to the fact that it is the month that the US embassy in DR start giving visas away they do lottery I guess,and its the beggining of the year for them after holidays,she informed me that the NVC does not have access to that information to see which month is busy the most or least,as per the US embassy they do not provide that information accoording to her it cant be true,if they have backlog they do not inform such info,and remember this visas have expiration date as well so if there is a backlog our interview shouldnt be more than 3 months from now thats nothing :) im positive though

I just spoke to her and she responded it is not possible that January is closed for interviews ,do to the fact that it is the month that the US embassy in DR start giving visas away they do lottery I guess,and its the beggining of the year for them after holidays,she informed me that the NVC does not have access to that information to see which month is busy the most or least,as per the US embassy they do not provide that information accoording to her it cant be true,if they have backlog they do not inform such info,and remember this visas have expiration date as well so if there is a backlog our interview shouldnt be more than 3 months from now thats nothing :) im positive though

So the embassy is lying to get me off their back lol?

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

So the embassy is lying to get me off their back lol?

lol jeeeeezzz how many times have u been calling/ emailing rofl.gif thats funny ....maybe they didn't understand the question i went on the interview site and i saw a bunch of days with very few interviews where as normally they would schedule 200 sooooo maybe lol

yup and by the way the US Embassy/US consulate will be moving to their own complex due to the lact of space on the current US consulate in DR , they just did the innaguration last month this new complex will be consulting 300,000 ppl anually so in this case more than 200 ppl per day and in a more organized way,They will be completely moving from current by Feb. So maybeeee if they said they are closing January its because thats the month they selected to prepare everything to move from building,but I doubt it thats just my point of view

lol jeeeeezzz how many times have u been calling/ emailing rofl.gif thats funny ....maybe they didn't understand the question i went on the interview site and i saw a bunch of days with very few interviews where as normally they would schedule 200 sooooo maybe lol

Oh ive been bugging the ####### out of them! Thats my job. Anyway it looks like my case was updated today. So hopefully soon....

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You're very lucky, i've been waiting over 5 months now. We had a RFE too, and we've been waiting 6 weeks to hear about the paperwork we sent that they requested (even though we had already sent it once exactly the same way, apart from handwriting the Letter of Intent)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In fact, i just checked, we got our reply to our RFE on Sept 18th, you got yours on Oct 7th...and we're still waiting to be approved, yet you got approved two days ago....how unfair is that :(

UFFF Im happy to hear that!!! keep me updated, now im creeped out myself :( I read stories of k1 visa interview waitlist for a year and 6 months but that was from 2008 hopefully that issue has changed in DR ;( urrrrg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.