Donna&Noelia

After NOA2...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

What comes after the NOA2.

Is there any useful links I should check out?

I already know what documents I need to prepare, and have.

I know it goes from NVC to the embassy.

I am just curious.. do I need to call NVC, how will I be notified of a case number from NVC?

What's the process, and any PERU specific would be even more appreciated.

:)

AOS

April 18th 2014 - I-485 in acceptance.

June 26th 2014 - EAD/AP approved.

July 2nd 2014 - EAD/AP card arrived in the mail.

August 2nd 2014 - Potential Interview Waiver letter.

Jan 22nd 2015 - Submitted service request to USCIS on delay.

Jan 28th 2015 - Answer to service request that it's still being processed, and apologized for the delay.

Feb 26th 2015 - Jan 26th 2015- Sent in EAD to be renewed.

March 4th 2015- Renewal of EAD received by USCIS.

April 8th 2015 - I-485 Approved / Welcome letter sent.

April 13th 2015 - Welcome letter recieved.

April 15th 2015 - Card mailed.

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

What comes after the NOA2.

Is there any useful links I should check out?

I already know what documents I need to prepare, and have.

I know it goes from NVC to the embassy.

I am just curious.. do I need to call NVC, how will I be notified of a case number from NVC?

What's the process, and any PERU specific would be even more appreciated.

smile.png

Your case will shipped to NVC for more processing and forwarded to your beneficiary home country or consulate that listed on your I-129F form. Since you already have your NOA-2, best way is to searching the members of VJ that their beneficiaries are from Peru and also the consulate/embassy as well. Learn different timelines from them.

I've got my NOA-2 on October 11, 2013. I've called NVC asked my case number and they still don't have it yet. For record, call NVC is a pain on butt, but again, this process need a HUGE patience to be a winner. I had waited almost 30 minutes to get an hold of a lady there.

They'd recommended people to wait up 6-8 weeks. But, you can start calling them a a few weeks after they shipped your case to NVC. Good luck.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Your case will shipped to NVC for more processing and forwarded to your beneficiary home country or consulate that listed on your I-129F form. Since you already have your NOA-2, best way is to searching the members of VJ that their beneficiaries are from Peru and also the consulate/embassy as well. Learn different timelines from them.

I've got my NOA-2 on October 11, 2013. I've called NVC asked my case number and they still don't have it yet. For record, call NVC is a pain on butt, but again, this process need a HUGE patience to be a winner. I had waited almost 30 minutes to get an hold of a lady there.

They'd recommended people to wait up 6-8 weeks. But, you can start calling them a a few weeks after they shipped your case to NVC. Good luck.

Alright.

How were you notified of your case number?

Do you get an email confirmation, the same confirmation as I received for the NOA2?

What is NVC, phone number?

AOS

Jan 28th 2015 - Answer to service request that it's still being processed, and apologized for the delay.

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

We didn't have a case number issued until just now. It took about 53 days for NVC to issue our case number and send it on to the embassy in Sydney.

As your NOA2 was only a couple of days ago I'd say you still have some time to wait.

You can call the Department of State on 202 485 7600 and apparently you get straight through. If you call the standard NVC number you have to wait for a while and usually get messed around by frontline staff who don't know what is going on.

I hope I'm wrong about the timing for you but based on comments from other people I'd give it at least a few weeks before calling. The processing times were recently updated from 4 weeks to 8 weeks so they seem to be incredibly busy. Once my visa is approved I'm going to apply for a job at the NVC, clearly they need more staff :)

Good luck, I hope yours is assigned soon.

Timeline

We didn't have a case number issued until just now. It took about 53 days for NVC to issue our case number and send it on to the embassy in Sydney.

As your NOA2 was only a couple of days ago I'd say you still have some time to wait.

You can call the Department of State on 202 485 7600 and apparently you get straight through. If you call the standard NVC number you have to wait for a while and usually get messed around by frontline staff who don't know what is going on.

I hope I'm wrong about the timing for you but based on comments from other people I'd give it at least a few weeks before calling. The processing times were recently updated from 4 weeks to 8 weeks so they seem to be incredibly busy. Once my visa is approved I'm going to apply for a job at the NVC, clearly they need more staff smile.png

Thank you for that number! I will give it a few weeks before even bothering to call it.

I feel much more at peace now that I have the NOA2. :)

lol @ the job comment.

My curiosity is with the case number... when you found it was it because they send you an email ( for example, do they use the same email they used to notify me of my NOA2? ) I just am not sure if I am supposed to do anything special to find out my case number when the time comes.

AOS

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

Alright.

How were you notified of your case number?

Do you get an email confirmation, the same confirmation as I received for the NOA2?

What is NVC, phone number?

Another poster gave you DoS number. I called both NVC and DoS whereas when you called DoS they would answer immediately but when you choose NVC you have to wait and -listen greetings many times for my case was almost 30 minutes hold up in the line- before they answer your question.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope I'm wrong about the timing for you but based on comments from other people I'd give it at least a few weeks before calling. The processing times were recently updated from 4 weeks to 8 weeks so they seem to be incredibly busy. Once my visa is approved I'm going to apply for a job at the NVC, clearly they need more staff smile.png

LOL.--> Once my visa is approved I'm going to apply for a job at the NVC, clearly they need more staff

Glad you got your case #. Hope we'll have ours in the next week or so...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.